In A Nutshell, What Really Worked For Me

I feel back to 100%.

Here are the most crucial points which I suspect brought me back. Most crucial at the top.

Going on a very low fat diet, around 15% calories from fat.

Eating protein mainly at night, carbs mainly in the morning.

Not fearing PUFA, eating nuts.

Iodine nasal rinses.

Getting sun as often as I can.

Eating dairy very infrequently. Sherbert instead of ice cream.

Not fearing iron, taking supplemental iron with lysine and vitamin c.

Taking copper together with aspirin on days where I just feel off.

Niacin, the flushing kind, before bed, with gaba and tmg.

Limonene and skullcap. Basically any herb that is non tolerance forming and pro-gaba.

Thiamine and plenty of carbs.

There is more, but these would be the most significant I can think of.

Simply not stressing over every little thing and accepting I am mortal is a huge part of my recovery. I check this forum much less frequently now and don’t get caught ruminating on the intellectual pissing contests.

If you do something and it provides long term positive results, then good. Studies are great and all, but does following a big ball of logic leave you waking up feeling great, do you look and feel great for your age, do you thrive even when under stress or eating sub-par foods?

Know thyself, only you can.

Vinny

I feel back to 100%.

Here are the most crucial points which I suspect brought me back. Most crucial at the top.

Iodine nasal rinses.

Limonene and skullcap. Basically any herb that is non tolerance forming and pro-gaba.

Simply not stressing over every little thing and accepting I am mortal is a huge part of my recovery. I check this forum much less frequently now and don’t get caught ruminating on the intellectual pissing contests.

If you do something and it provides long term positive results, then good. Studies are great and all, but does following a big ball of logic leave you waking up feeling great, do you look and feel great for your age, do you thrive even when under stress or eating sub-par foods?

Cool! Congrats, captain!
Why and how u make the iodine rinses?
Why the flushing niacin BEFORE bed?

Tarmander

nice work man. Curious how much iodine you think you got with the nasal flushes.

MCurtone

Would like to know more about your routine and thought process. Also you are now 100% from what? What were your issues before? PFS?

Curiousman

Cool! Congrats, captain!
Why and how u make the iodine rinses?
Why the flushing niacin BEFORE bed?
Maybe be because this.

Curiousman

My experience with something similar described by Captain_Coconut:

3 gr Niacin + 6 gr. Vitamin C +12 mg Iodine taken all together on dinner.
My mind gets very calm and clean. It really has a nootropic effect .

Last edited:
Im glad you are back.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Late 30s. The problems that brought me here was in part mold toxin related, low body temps, inability to lose weight, anhedonia, neuropathy, ptsd like symptoms, night sweats, joint pains, insomnia, things were really really bad 2 years ago. Trying to do all the RP stuff did not exactly help but I overdid the fats. Last year I felt stuck at 80%.

Niacin before bed because it helps me get restful sleep. I find the flush feeling very relaxing. I also think lowering high cholesterol is good for things like the heart and gallbladder and liver. It doesn’t take a lot of cholesterol to make enough hormones. I had high blood pressure and was constantly feeling stressed, eating high sat fat seemed to raise both issues. Blood pressure is now back around where I had it in my twenties. 110:75 ish. I am also back below pre-obesity bmi etc. I feel normal again, thank god.

Cirion

I share your thoughts overall on fats (Though not necessarily pufa). Every time I play with higher fats it ends very, very badly for me. In my experience carbs are the only truly healing macronutrient and both fats and even protein are "Necessary Evil" macronutrients in that you can't live totally without them, but they quickly become poison (at least to me) at higher dosages, lower my body temps, make me gain even more weight etc. 15% number sounds right. For me I need *at least* 70% calories from carbs which means roughly 15% fats 15% protein.

Also second the whole being your own expert. I am glad I started tracking my metrics and became my own coach.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

I feel back to 100%.

Iodine nasal rinses.

Nice! I agree with the minus dairy! We're overloaded with calcium.

dreamcatcher

Late 30s. The problems that brought me here was in part mold toxin related, low body temps, inability to lose weight, anhedonia, neuropathy, ptsd like symptoms, night sweats, joint pains, insomnia, things were really really bad 2 years ago. Trying to do all the RP stuff did not exactly help but I overdid the fats. Last year I felt stuck at 80%.

Niacin before bed because it helps me get restful sleep. I find the flush feeling very relaxing. I also think lowering high cholesterol is good for things like the heart and gallbladder and liver. It doesn’t take a lot of cholesterol to make enough hormones. I had high blood pressure and was constantly feeling stressed, eating high sat fat seemed to raise both issues. Blood pressure is now back around where I had it in my twenties. 110:75 ish. I am also back below pre-obesity bmi etc. I feel normal again, thank god.
Stabilised rice bran is a great source of B3 and other important nutrients. It's like a superfood.

Pulstar

@Captain_Coconut
Thanks for sharing. Just wanted to ask, why do you prefer niacin over niacinamide? I like both, but for different reasons. Niacin has quite profound anti-anxiety, anti-stress and anti-depressant effects. And I really like the flush feeling (well, except the skin color). Niacinamide, to some degree, also has some of these effects, but I feel it work better for energy. Maybe I will start using a bit of both.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Did you do anything specifically to deal with the mold issue?

Iodine nasal rinses and focusing on gallbladder / bile seemed to help the most for that.

Markus

Iodine nasal rinses and focusing on gallbladder / bile seemed to help the most for that.
Ok, thanks!

I definitely agree about focusing on improving bile flow and liver/gallbladder function. Do you recommend any specific supplements for that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals