Anyone Using Xylitol?

LA

I have noticed a white coated tongue from time to time so am wondering if Xylitol can help rebalance my oral health and reduce this,
Thanks all,
J
A tongue scraper will help eliminate or reduce a coated tongue. A water-pick is helpful too. I used Xylitol toothpaste and gum for 2 years and it is was not as effective as never eating starch and practicing good oral hygiene.Best wishes!

Pistachio

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience, anecdotes or is currently using Xylitol?
If so, what are the benefits you have noticed, how are you using it and would you recommend it?

I have been using a store, common brand fluoride toothpaste and am keen to replace it with a better, fluoride free, alternative.

I have noticed a white coated tongue from time to time so am wondering if Xylitol can help rebalance my oral health and reduce this,

Thanks all,
J
Nasally sprayed Xylitol + Grapefruit seed extract helps with post-nasal drip, sinus issues.

LA

Supposedly Xylitol can cause bloating since it is high in Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyols (FODMAP) altho it might not bother everyone. After noticing I would be slightly puffy, with uncomfortable bloating after chewing Xylitol gum. I stopped the gum chewing habit. We use a Xylitol toothpaste.
I missed chewing the gum after my last meal of the day so I am back to chewing Xylitol gum and yes it still gives me a slight bloat in the evening. My husband wont chew it unless he has no time to brush and he still uses and wants to keep using the Xylitol toothpaste

Quelsatron

Eating it messed with my stomach due to the osmotic effect, but my teeth have never been so clean. I think i posted a thread with a study about how xylitol fed chickens had less growth inhibition from endotoxin injections, so it has some positive antibacterial effect at least

LA

Eating it messed with my stomach due to the osmotic effect, but my teeth have never been so clean. I think i posted a thread with a study about how xylitol fed chickens had less growth inhibition from endotoxin injections, so it has some positive antibacterial effect at least
good to know about the positive effect and at least it doesnt burn my gums.

Kray

Seems there may be some positive about ingesting but overall, if oral contact is the most important thing, why does/should it be swallowed at all? I take a small scoop several times a day after meals and bedtime, sometimes combined with baking soda, swish until dissolved (2-3 mins), then spit out. If there is any question about gut issue/bloating, the little bit that might be absorbed would seem negligible compared to swallowing a full dose. Just my 2c.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals