An active person will need more thyroid hormones than a nonactive, right?

FitnessMike

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I would think just the opposite, but I don’t take thyroid, so I don’t know.
I'm asking because i was taking 1,5 grain of thyroid when i was not training and felt decent with decent hormone blood levels, then i kept taking same amount but started training a bit, felt worse, tested and hormones were a lot lower lol, so my suspicion is that by training im using up hormones on a higher rate? i mean train and all the other body processes that use up thyroid hormones.

I'm asking because i was taking 1,5 grain of thyroid when i was not training and felt decent with decent hormone blood levels, then i kept taking same amount but started training a bit, felt worse, tested and hormones were a lot lower lol, so my suspicion is that by training im using up hormones on a higher rate? i mean train and all the other body processes that use up thyroid hormones.
Could it be your diet is lacking, causing you not to use your thyroid supplement optimally?….

“In addition to selenium, zinc plays a role in the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to T3. Selenium and zinc are beneficial in improving thyroid function and hormone levels. According to a study in Hormones: The Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, zinc improves T3 levels significantly.”

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Could it be your diet is lacking, causing you not to use your thyroid supplement optimally?….

“In addition to selenium, zinc plays a role in the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to T3. Selenium and zinc are beneficial in improving thyroid function and hormone levels. According to a study in Hormones: The Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, zinc improves T3 levels significantly.”

my diet is really good. Or i started using thyroid hormones better and thus they went lower in the serum

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Could this be it, stress of training again?

View: https://youtu.be/HynVEuBiCpM

I don't know really, in the past when my rt3 was very high ( i will retest it soon) very tiny dose would drive my hormone levels to extremely high levels due to high rt3 blocking uptake. Now I can at least take a decent dose and it helps to some extent with some of the symptoms, who knows I might be needing 3 grains time will show.

Sefton10

i kept taking same amount but started training a bit, felt worse, tested and hormones were a lot lower
Lifting weights is the thing that is guaranteed to put me back in a stressed state. The rise in adrenaline and cortisol beyond a certain point is just too much. It can undo lots of progress very quickly. It seems like a very delicate balance.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Lifting weights is the thing that is guaranteed to put me back in a stressed state. The rise in adrenaline and cortisol beyond a certain point is just too much. It can undo lots of progress very quickly. It seems like a very delicate balance.
your right, that's why im going to adjust intensity and volume to my current health state, it's feasible.

Sefton10

your right, that's why im going to adjust intensity and volume to my current health state, it's feasible.
It's brutal if you've trained for years. We're just not used to holding back. It's my single biggest frustration as I genuinely miss putting some tunes on and banging out a good workout.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It's brutal if you've trained for years. We're just not used to holding back. It's my single biggest frustration as I genuinely miss putting some tunes on and banging out a good workout.
Say no more

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

bump

Momma

I think one has to look at BMR among other things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals