Need Help With Lowering Estrogen Even More

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you. After five days of taking two per day, I'm just taking one per day now. I am interested in your idea from a while back where you said something like Vitamin E is stored in the liver and can last 48+ hours, so a person might be able to take it a few times per week instead of daily. For now I am taking it daily but at some point I would like to try spacing out the dose.
I take E only a few times per week and it seems to work fine that way for me.

OP
Peata

Peata

I take E only a few times per week and it seems to work fine that way for me.

That's good to know, Blossom, glad to hear of an experience with that. What sort of symptoms has it helped you with?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
As far as I could tell it really seemed to help with inflammation. I had a high WBC count about a year and a half ago and started using vitamin E regularly at that time. My count normalized but I still take it regularly because I assume I'm still detoxing pufa.

OP
Peata

Peata

As far as I could tell it really seemed to help with inflammation. I had a high WBC count about a year and a half ago and started using vitamin E regularly at that time. My count normalized but I still take it regularly because I assume I'm still detoxing pufa.

Yes, the pufa detox is yet another reason I need to take it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, the pufa detox is yet another reason I need to take it.
Probably helps with estrogen too although atm that seems to be going ok* fingers crossed that it stays that way. Being premenopausal you never know right?!?!
ETA- I'm glad we have ways to help navigate through all this fun stuff!

OP
Peata

Peata

Probably helps with estrogen too although atm that seems to be going ok* fingers crossed that it stays that way. Being premenopausal you never know right?!?!

I'm pretty interested in how this cycle goes for the next two weeks now that I'm using Biotin and Vitamin E. I've noticed such a difference in myself since starting them. I mentioned some of that in my log, like the water retention that I've held for TWO YEARS is finally GONE. I kind of wish I hadn't started them so close together so I'd know which is doing what, but for now I'll just take the improvements and sort it out later.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm pretty interested in how this cycle goes for the next two weeks now that I'm using Biotin and Vitamin E. I've noticed such a difference in myself since starting them. I mentioned some of that in my log, like the water retention that I've held for TWO YEARS is finally GONE. I kind of wish I hadn't started them so close together so I'd know which is doing what, but for now I'll just take the improvements and sort it out later.
That's great news Peata. I never noticed E reducing edema for me but maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I'm interested to see how things progress for you. I appreciate you sharing your experience! I'm sure it will help someone else down the road.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you. After five days of taking two per day, I'm just taking one per day now. I am interested in your idea from a while back where you said something like Vitamin E is stored in the liver and can last 48+ hours, so a person might be able to take it a few times per week instead of daily. For now I am taking it daily but at some point I would like to try spacing out the dose.

Both are true. Vitamin E is stored in the liver when taken in excess and its plasma half life (which is what matters most for PUFA detox/neutralization) is 48+ hours. So, you can take it just twice a week and it would still have an effect.

Lonnie

I have a question and it might be silly.... Still learning so much from this site.
What would be the difference in taking Progest-E vs the Swansons E or Unique Vit E mentioned above?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have a question and it might be silly.... Still learning so much from this site.
What would be the difference in taking Progest-E vs the Swansons E or Unique Vit E mentioned above?
Progest-e is progesterone in vitamin E while the others are only vitamin E.

supernature

Something i came across is the use of DIM (Di-Indoly Methane) - a phytonutrient substance derived from cruciferous veggies that help in restoring the estrogens imbalance.
I wonder if anybody has managed to try it and could share results of using it?

Diindolymethane - Natural Protection from Estrogens

"Q. What is DIM, and how can it help hormones?

A. DIM is a phytonutrient (plant nutrient) found in cruciferous vegetables. These include cabbage, broccoli, bok choy, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, kohlrabi, mustard, rutabaga, and turnip. These plants have been cultivated for thousands of years and were initially used for their medicinal benefits. The connection between DIM and hormones like estrogen has to do with similar characteristics between them at the molecular level. DIM is not an estrogen or a hormone, but like estrogen it shares the common characteristic of being poorly soluble in water. Like estrogen, DIM can be metabolized only by a special class of cytochrome enzymes that reside in cell membranes in the non-water part of cells. It turns out that DIM, when consumed in food or in absorbable formulations, encourages its own metabolism. This special metabolic pathway for DIM, and the enzymes involved, precisely overlap with the pathway needed for healthy estrogen metabolism.

Stated simply, supplementing the diet with DIM specifically promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism and helps restore a healthy hormonal balance.
"

honeybee

I used source naturals DIM for a few months about 3-4 years ago. I did not notice an effect good or bad- could be my dose was too low but I cannot remember. My estrogen levels were off the charts at that time. I am female with hx of high est dominance. Imo, there are better ways to reduce estrogen or balance hormones. Carrot salad is a good easy start.

OP
Peata

Peata

After about 5 days of 1 capsule per day, I am increasing it back to 2 for a while to experiment.

supernature

I used source naturals DIM for a few months about 3-4 years ago. I did not notice an effect good or bad- could be my dose was too low but I cannot remember. My estrogen levels were off the charts at that time. I am female with hx of high est dominance. Imo, there are better ways to reduce estrogen or balance hormones. Carrot salad is a good easy start.

That should be true carrot salad is an easy start, i assume its about Chrysin in carrot that helps. On diff articles its said tons of cruciferous veggies are needed a day to reach the amount of DIM that should be therapeutic, but that isnt near possible regarding the amount of food that has to be ingested. Some other articles claim all stricltly vegetarian diet for period of time is what brings back the hormonal balance.

Should we have to consider the inhibition of aromatase and 5-alphareductase enzymes activity as taking a part in androgenic, estrogenic balance?

OP
Peata

Peata

Just to update the quest to lower estrogen, I've been taking one capsule of the Swanson vitamin E, but for several days I've added Carlson's vitamin A 15,000 iu, and increased to 30,000 iu per day.

thegiantess

Given that most people nowadays are bloated with PUFA I think pretty much anybody can benefit from vitamin E. Why would supplemental vitamin E be bad? What is the reason given, assuming it is not related to impurities?

I think the position, if I understand correctly, is that supplementation with E and A (although this is a problem of carotene, not retinol) is shown in some studies to increase all cause mortality. I think the explanation given is that the super natural doses increase oxidative damage somehow. I don't have studies or sources in front of me. I'm going off memory from what Paul Jaminet and others have cited.

OP
Peata

Peata

I think the position, if I understand correctly, is that supplementation with E and A (although this is a problem of carotene, not retinol) is shown in some studies to increase all cause mortality. I think the explanation given is that the super natural doses increase oxidative damage somehow. I don't have studies or sources in front of me. I'm going off memory from what Paul Jaminet and others have cited.

Plus, wasn't there some concern with platelets/clotting/bleeding at higher doses, especially combined with some of the other things we take, such as serotonin-reducing supplements or aspirin.

haidut

Forum Supporter

The studies were with synthetic vitamin E and combined with selenium. That was the prostate cancer trial I think, and it used high doses. I think naturla vitamin E in doses of 200 IU daily is likely to be beneficial.

OP
Peata

Peata

Any other ideas for helping my liver process the estrogen? I feel like it's still not handling it as well as it should. I get some aches in that side, which is my gallbladder. Not bad aches, but I know if it's aching at all, it's not completely well. I still get some symptoms like oily skin, clogged pores. So looking for more suggestions on helping my liver remove the excess estrogen.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any other ideas for helping my liver process the estrogen? I feel like it's still not handling it as well as it should. I get some aches in that side, which is my gallbladder. Not bad aches, but I know if it's aching at all, it's not completely well. I still get some symptoms like oily skin, clogged pores. So looking for more suggestions on helping my liver remove the excess estrogen.

Vitamins B1 and B2 are the most important for liver detoxing the estrogen, and nicinamide is also an estrogen antagonist. So, taking a B complex may help. Methylene blue is another substance that helps with estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals