Taking Hormones As A 19 Year Old (thyroid, Dhea, Progesterone, Pregnenolne)

Deadpool

So I have been making progress with Peat coming from a paleo background, adding more carbs and sugars and lowering the fat. I struggle with my calories but thanks to you all who helped with my last thread I am making progress as well.

Now here is the thing. A lot of people recommended thyroid hormone to me.

In other threads people recommend low doses of dhea, pregnenlone and progresterone to boost low testosterone and achieve optimal hormones. I have low T (as a 19 year old wth) and I have tried everything in the book to raise it already in my paleo days back then and still now, I haven't really found a solution.

I am afraid of taking hormones though. Everywhere you go, you read that you shouldn't take hormones at that young of an age because it will shut down your natural production and you don't even need it because you are still young and your hormones should be ranging.

But I am young and my hormones aren't raging. I probably have lower T than my grandpa but I am still afraid to shut down my own natural production.

What is your and Peats take on taking stuff like T3, dhea and pregnenolone as a 19 year old?

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

Have you had your vitamin D levels tested?

No I haven't but I am taking vitamin D 5000-10000 iu for 2 years already now. Also took k2 last couple of months but never actually had it tested

Wagner83

I'd give time to a diet that leads to good daily digestion, no irritation and quality sleep. Given my experience with it and the experience of many I would not use DHEA, thyroid hormones is tricky imo , there are lots of horror stories out there . I'd do some exercise as well. Perhaps white button mushrooms broth and ground wbm could help you some.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

Thanks guys! I'll try to get my d testet but the truth, I have gone period without taking any d at all and I dont really feel any difference when I take it or not

baccheion

You can try iodine painting. Have you had any lab work done? Any nutrient deficiencies? Any signs of hypogonadism or scrotum damage? Pituitary issues?