Foods that consistently make you feel better or warmer right after eating them?

barefooter

Potatoes are getting lots of votes, and they seem to do the trick for me too. I've also dipped back into white bread recently, and that seems to work very well if I don't eat too much of it. I get fresh baked sourdough with no PUFA and pretty much just flour, water, and salt. I had a strange craving for bread and meat the other night, and I just went with it, and I felt amazing after that meal. Mopping up the meat juice with the bread was glorious.

I'm curious, has anyone noticed a difference in heat production from freshly cooked potatoes vs. leftovers from the fridge? I know I've read that once cooled a portion of the starch becomes resistant, and I would think that would decrease net energy production from eating them and slow digestion. If I had more time I'd do a self experiment, but I'm curious if anyone has observed a difference.

tara

barefooter said:
post 113794 I'm curious, has anyone noticed a difference in heat production from freshly cooked potatoes vs. leftovers from the fridge? I know I've read that once cooled a portion of the starch becomes resistant, and I would think that would decrease net energy production from eating them and slow digestion. If I had more time I'd do a self experiment, but I'm curious if anyone has observed a difference.
I often reheat leftovers, eg for lunch at work. Fresh tastes better, but I think I get good effects from both fresh cooked and reheated. Not notice a difference in gas production. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals