All Things Oat Bran

Mito

I was also kind of shocked that he suggested flavoring it with a little bit of matzoh — a little bit to make it kind of taste like a tamale. Is that what he really said???? Doesn’t matzoh have, gasp,
I thought he said masa.

GMT100

How about ricebran ? I had very good effects using theem prior to running into peat.

L

Lord Cola

Why the sudden interest in oat bran, does it do something that the usual recommended fibers don't?

InChristAlone

For the headache sufferers I am wondering if it is a gut disturbance or if it's toxic bile release, oat bran could be binding up bile thus allowing the liver to release more and more of whatever is stored. Peat is well known for using large amounts of vitamin A at times, he could just be sensitive to things that release it into his blood stream. He told the story that just putting a drop or retinyl palmitate on his lips caused a headache. But using it on his skin was fine (you absorb roughly 10% on skin).

sunny

In the most recent Danny Roddy stream with Dr. Peat, he talks about fiber and mentions something that I’ve experienced and wish I had known sooner — the relationship between different types of fiber and things like headaches. Dr. Peat like myself has been a migraine sufferer. He seemed to indicate that oat bran may be good for a year or two but not forever. I was also kind of shocked that he suggested flavoring it with a little bit of matzoh — a little bit to make it kind of taste like a tamale. Is that what he really said???? Doesn’t matzoh have, gasp, gluten???

Anyway, mushrooms can be harder on the gut or easier depending upon how much you grind them up. Exactly my experience. I don’t think I do well with oat bran — I think it increases my gut serotonin and triggers migraines. He mentioned bamboo shoots as being kind of “hard” fiber and again it is my exact experience.

I loved eating the oat bran but I think it exacerbates my headaches.
The matzoh comment:

View: https://youtu.be/72Zz0TbfBAg

1:02:23

And the fiber comments about oat bran, carrot, bamboo shoots, carrot salad, etc., and their effects on the person who has a very sensitive gut — very worthwhile comments to review:

View: https://youtu.be/l61D8dJzVWk

57:28

I thought he said masa - as in the nixtamalized masa flour used to make tortillas.

-Luke-

Happycat

I love oats and oatbran, but still don't understand why Ray changed his mind?
I am sure I heard him say in older interviews that oatbran is carcinogenic.

YourUniverse

I love oats and oatbran, but still don't understand why Ray changed his mind?
Honestly, in my first ever email to Ray over 4 years ago, he asked if I had tried oat bran. I think it may only seem like hes changed his mind; his thoughts are often misconstrued and Im as guilty as anyone for doing this.

Mito

This is what he said in July of 2020: “well-cooked oat bran or wheat bran is fine for for getting a temporary cleaning out you just don't want to eat a lot of oat bran every day for 30 years because it does release that mild carcinogen”

This is what he said in December of 2021: “studies in animals showed that over a long run, you might have to worry about some of the breakdown products of the soluble fibers that can have an estrogenic effect, but in the short run up to a year or so its effect is a matter of the bulk and acceleration of the intestines so it has an anti-estrogenic effect for people who have been reabsorbing the estrogen that their liver tries to excrete.”

InChristAlone

And it's not only estrogen that needs to be eliminated through bile, it's many things.

Tenacity

Perhaps there's no contradiction in Peat recommending a mild carcinogen. It just depends on the context.

Perhaps there's no contradiction in Peat recommending a mild carcinogen. It just depends on the context.
Yes, it should be accepted that no food is perfect. Anything for that matter.
I bet Peat can list many reasons not to take orange juice on the spot as well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals