Raisin Bran for Testosterone & Libido?

A.D.

It seems like the perfect food before bed.

Pros:
• Wheat bran has Magnesium.
• It's an Insoluble fiber which can lower estrogen.
• The Raisins are good for Boron
• Calcium in the Milk

Here is what I'm worried about:

Cons:
• 80 grams of Raisin Bran has 9.5 grams of fiber. Can this raise SHBG??
• The wheat has gluten and can raise prolactin?
• Sugary cereal may temporarily lower testosterone but have we already debunked Sucrose being bad for Testosterone?

Do the Cons out way the benefits?

My goal is to only have foods for optimal testosterone and libido.

I'm hoping to get @Hans & @Lokzo opinion on this.

Thank you so much for your time.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It seems like the perfect food before bed.

Pros:
• Wheat bran has Magnesium.
• It's an Insoluble fiber which can lower estrogen.
• The Raisins are good for Boron
• Calcium in the Milk

Here is what I'm worried about:

Cons:
• 80 grams of Raisin Bran has 9.5 grams of fiber. Can this raise SHBG??
• The wheat has gluten and can raise prolactin?
• Sugary cereal may temporarily lower testosterone but have we already debunked Sucrose being bad for Testosterone?

Do the Cons out way the benefits?

My goal is to only have foods for optimal testosterone and libido.

I'm hoping to get @Hans & @Lokzo opinion on this.

Thank you so much for your time.
I'd stick to animal foods as a foundation and really try to look too deeply into plant foods, especially for testosterone.
In terms of magnesium, meat and milk is better since the magnesium is almost completely bioavailable.

The fiber might slightly increase SHBG but I don't think that's an issue.
The gluten might slightly increase prolactin, but it's likely to be very minimal. Gluten had been shown to lower DHT in certain individuals.
Sugar or carbs in general don't lower T. It enhances T uptake into cells, thus giving the impression that it lowers T.

I'm.No.One

I'd be concerned about the rancid seed oils they're likely using to make the "flakes" & coat the raisins in to keep them from drying out.

Not to mention it's likely "fortified" with iron shavings & synthetic vitamin B's.

OP
A.D.

A.D.

I'd stick to animal foods as a foundation and really try to look too deeply into plant foods, especially for testosterone.
In terms of magnesium, meat and milk is better since the magnesium is almost completely bioavailable.

The fiber might slightly increase SHBG but I don't think that's an issue.
The gluten might slightly increase prolactin, but it's likely to be very minimal. Gluten had been shown to lower DHT in certain individuals.
Sugar or carbs in general don't lower T. It enhances T uptake into cells, thus giving the impression that it lowers T.
Thank you so much Hans! That makes sense. I'm going to finish the box and say goodbye to Raisin Bran as it doesn't seem necessary.

I'd be concerned about the rancid seed oils they're likely using to make the "flakes" & coat the raisins in to keep them from drying out.

Not to mention it's likely "fortified" with iron shavings & synthetic vitamin B's.

I didn't see seeds oils on the ingredients but you may be right that it's used to make the flakes. My diet is slowly turning carnivore with fruit. Pauly Sal wins again. lol

Tim Lundeen

Raisins are very high fluoride unless they are organic -- the pesticides contain fluoride, and it stays on the fruit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals