Oat Bran and Eggs

Theo

On days when I burn a lot of calories I sometimes have cooked oat bran with a couple of eggs whisked in .

I use oat bran for my starch. Is that reasonable ?

Is it OK to use 4 eggs a day ? I know there's a controversy about the cholesterol in eggs.

I sometimes add a little MCT oil to this.

answersfound

4 eggs at once is going to be a lot of fat.

i would max it out at 3. because you also have the coconut oil

4peatssake

Theo said:
On days when I burn a lot of calories I sometimes have cooked oat bran with a couple of eggs whisked in .

I use oat bran for my starch. Is that reasonable ?

Is it OK to use 4 eggs a day ? I know there's a controversy about the cholesterol in eggs.

I sometimes add a little MCT oil to this.
Ray Peat cautions against oat bran. He considers carrot, potato, rice and oats (not oat bran) the safest starches, if you tolerate them.

Ray Peat said:
The right kind of fiber can benefit a variety of bowel problems. However, some types of fiber can exacerbate the problem, and some types (such as oat bran) have been found to increase bowel cancer in animal studies.
Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse

OP
T

Theo

Those are extremely important heads up .Thank you both !

So I will go to whole oats then ? Not quick oats .apparently they are not as nutritive as whole oats.

I'm hesitant about potatoes because numerous diet authors say it acidifies the system . apparently it is a night shade as well. Yet Ray Peat seems very pro white potato. What's the consensus ?

I love potatoes but have given them up because of cautions relative to them acidifying the system.
Opinions about potatoes would be appreciated.

XPlus

I imagine refined oats would be easier to digest.
Ray usually recommends eating rice cooked in lime. I never tried cooking it in lime, personally.
He also recommends eating starch with some fat to allow for proper digestion.

Giraffe

I think, that looking at nutrition facts of whole grain can leads to wrong coclusions. There have been studies done with wheat bran. The finding were that wheat bran had negative impact on absorption of vitamins & co.

When you love potatoes, that probably means that they are good for you.

Link to transcript "Alkalinity vs Acidity" viewtopic.php?t=5411

OP
T

Theo

Giraffe said:
I think, that looking at nutrition facts of whole grain can leads to wrong coclusions. There have been studies done with wheat bran. The finding were that wheat bran had negative impact on absorption of vitamins & co. viewtopic.php?t=5411
Thanks s interesting.
I never thought of it that way
.. So maybe quick oats would be a better choice ?

Giraffe

Theo said:
.. So maybe quick oats would be a better choice ?
If you feel better with starches go for food that is easy digestible. I eat porridge once in a while, but it's not a staple food; there are much better food choices than grains.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals