The Anti-Catabolic and Anabolic Hormonal Profile of Eggs

Mauritio

Ah, you are correct. Just saw he had an updated video-

Micrograms instead of milligrams. Welp, that would take things down quite a bit. P4 would be the only one to get into the milligram dosages for the week, at 3.5 mg. Wish I could go back and edit the original post.

That would again make cholesterol the likely source of any gains, by converting to downstream steroids.

Oh Okay that makes more sense .

Has anybody tried pure cholesterol powder ?

Mauritio

I have, but I was pretty sporadic about it. I didn't notice much difference, but again, was not consistent in using it.
Probably depends on the enzymes a lot that convert cholesterol to pregnenolone etc.
Cistanche increases those , so cholesterol powder plus cistanche might be a good combo .

hei

"Fertilized" basically means that the chickens have access to a rooster, and you can even buy them in the store. The hormone profile of both male and female eggs were pretty similar, so it doesn't seem to. Although it's quite possible the quality of eggs goes up when there is a rooster around.

Yes, if using modern eggs, 36 eggs would get you in the 20s in PUFA. It's likely the PUFA content was lower in Gironda's day, as it depends on chicken feed quality. Still, there may be benefits to eating 5-10 eggs a day, despite the PUFA. It would still be far lower than average diets, and if offset with Stearic Acid and other SFAs (butter, coconut oil, HCO), it might still be worth considering.

I agree that the PUFA content is probably the biggest concern when eating eggs.
How bad would it be to do a several month "cycle" of eggs like Vince Gironda recommended? Would it be possible to mitigate the PUFas without eating even more fat?

PolishSun

I think eggs could be an option for someone who cannot use supplements for a certain period of time.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

How bad would it be to do a several month "cycle" of eggs like Vince Gironda recommended? Would it be possible to mitigate the PUFas without eating even more fat?

I've upped egg consumption recently, I usually eat about 4 a day. To offset the PUFA, I add butter and also some pure stearic acid that I have. Eggs are like the one non-starch food where stearic acid seems to dissolve completely, and doesn't cause any issues, taste or texture wise.

I think opting for "Pasture raised" type brands in the store probably has a little less PUFA. If you go to farmers markets, you can ask what they feed their chickens, and if they don't use soy, probably even better. There are people on Youtube that have done positive testimonials from eating more eggs. Doesn't necessarily have to be 36 eggs, one guy did about 10 and noticed some good benefits.

Missenger

I think opting for "Pasture raised" type brands in the store probably has a little less PUFA. If you go to farmers markets, you can ask what they feed their chickens, and if they don't use soy, probably even better. There are people on Youtube that have done positive testimonials from eating more eggs. Doesn't necessarily have to be 36 eggs, one guy did about 10 and noticed some good benefits.
Do you typically eat the typical soy-fed kind or legitimate feedless pasture raised? I thought the general consensus here was that people wanted to aim for 2.5ish grams of pufa or less. I have to wonder if it'd just be less stressful just to make and use topical solutions instead for testo/dhea/prog/preg. Food and sunlight are the healthiest medicines naturally.

hei

I've upped egg consumption recently, I usually eat about 4 a day. To offset the PUFA, I add butter and also some pure stearic acid that I have. Eggs are like the one non-starch food where stearic acid seems to dissolve completely, and doesn't cause any issues, taste or texture wise.

Funny, I looked that up for another thread and pastured eggs weren't better on PUFAs. But soy estrogens are passed on to the eggs so it's better to cut that out.
Trying to target low PUFA seems to mean cutting out almost everything.

SonOfEurope

Thank you, great thread.

Omelette with potatoes is up there among my favorite things to eat...

Ismail

Probably depends on the enzymes a lot that convert cholesterol to pregnenolone etc.
Cistanche increases those , so cholesterol powder plus cistanche might be a good combo .
Have you come across other things that increase those enzymes? Thanks buddy

Mauritio

Have you come across other things that increase those enzymes? Thanks buddy
I think vitamin K, pregnenolone, taurine and tudca also increase some steroidogenic enzymes.

Last edited:

Vanset

so. . . according to this:
eggs have significantly more hormones than milk per 'serving'. one egg has more than two glasses of milk apparently

and this https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00577452/document

"In milk, estrone was quantified at levels in-between 100 and 300 ng L-1, while 17β-estradiol levels were estimated near 20 ng L-1 . 17α-testosterone was quantified from 50 ng L-1 in skim milk to 85 ng L-1 in whole milk. In egg samples, estrone and 17β-estradiol were quantified at 1.5 and 0.9 µg kg-1, respectively, while 17α-estradiol was found to be in lower concentrations (i.e. around 0.55 µg kg-1). Regarding androgens, 17α and 17βtestosterone were estimated at 1.9 and 1.3 µg kg-1, respectively."

so they measured concentration per 1000ml and 1kg, right?
so 0.9µg in one kg of eggs? divide that by 20 to get one egg and that is 0.045µg or 45ng.
according to this one egg has more total 17β-estradiol than one liter of what i assume to be cow's milk? seems unbelievable

is this correct or am i just making a fool out of myself?