Oat Fiber

Derok

i read a lot of studies pointing towards a "estrogen removal" from the soluble oat fiber.
i read here controversial thoughts about it, so could we discuss a bit about the Cons/pros of this kind of fiber??

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1652197

Dietary fiber intake and risk of breast cancer by menopausal and estrogen receptor status

Inhibitory effects of taurine and oat fiber on intestinal endotoxin release in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

i should add that oats (being instant , cut steel...kind doesnt matter) are giving me something i had missed long time...could be some kind of detox?

carrot salad may accomplish the same thing, probably does. The addition of taurine is cool. Thank you!

These are weird results, not uncommon with studies...but they do point in general to a trend that ANY fiber can reduce estrogen, and I think as I believe someone (@pboy?) said, it is because of binding bile and not letting the bile recycle, so the bile with estrogens leaves the body through defecation.

OP
D

Derok

I will try oats plus taurine rich food, maybe I got the big detox combo like that ;D.

nomoreketones

From 3rd study OP posted:
We conclude that the combination of taurine and oat fiber achieved an additive inhibitory effect on intestinal endotoxin release

The whole point of avoiding starches on the Ray Peat diet is to avoid endotoxin release. This may solve the problem!

SamYo123

Oats cause gas which is probably endotoxin which leads to elevated estrogen levels?

Always examine the cost/benefit ratio - yes it removes estrogen, but if it causes bloat, gas and discomfort (at least it does for me) it's not worth it.

nomoreketones

How do you guys know if the negatives issues are from the oat fiber or the glyphosate in almost all oat products on the market today?