Adrenaline response to T3/T4

My particular dose isn't important, as everyone's requirements are different. I have had to change my dose up many times over a year or so. I could tell I needed more when I was too tired to get through the day, I would nap. I would be forgetful. It took about a month give or take to notice the dose needed to change for sure. Whether or not my doctor agrees, that is another story. Do your blood draw for the labs first thing in the AM before you take meds to see how bad you get. And do not take biotin for a few days prior to the blood draw.(usually in hair in nail supplements, it will make you look more hyperthyroid than you really are, it interferes with the test, it doesn't actually affect your body)

S.Holmes

I've been following Dr. Peat's thyroid dosing recommendation. My energy is improving, but I think I'll increase the dosage a bit to help shed a few pounds. I take 4 mcg of Tyronene every 2 hours and 1 drop of Tyromix at bedtime. (I had to dilute the Tyronene since it's 8 mcg per drop.)

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud.
"Since T3 has a short half life, it should be taken
frequently. If the liver isn't producing a noticeable
amount of T3, it is usually helpful to take a few
micrograms per hour. Since it restores respiration
and metabolic efficiency very quickly, it isn't usually
necessary to take it every hour or two, but until
normal temperature and pulse have been achieved
and stabilized, sometimes it's necessary to take it
four or more times during the day."
Ray Peat

Last edited:

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Your Reverse T3 might by an indicator. This website link is very informative for thyroid conditions, medication and optimal values. I would think you need to divide your dose since T3 doesn't last long in your system. Maybe try splitting and taking one in am and one at lunch or dinner.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals