How long for Thyroid to knock out adrenaline

mgrabs

When starting a grain of thyroid, usually hypo/low metabolism patients experience adrenaline & anxiety when starting to compensate for low metabolism.

How long starting at a dose does this start to go away? Is it better to start low & slow? Or better to jump right in? (I’m at a grain)

Still feel shaky & anxious

Not sure if there is a feedback loop when supplementing not enough T4/T3?

frannybananny

When starting a grain of thyroid, usually hypo/low metabolism patients experience adrenaline & anxiety when starting to compensate for low metabolism.

How long starting at a dose does this start to go away? Is it better to start low & slow? Or better to jump right in? (I’m at a grain)

I feel the same way and cannot even tolerate 25 mcg of levothyroxine.... heart palpitations and panic attack...had to discontinue since I thought I was having a heart attack. Since then I have tried breaking the teeny tablet into thirds and that is not so bad, I have also gotten natural raw desiccated thyroid but have not been consistent in taking it. I listen to my body in the side effects of taking anything and decided I might not need to supplement thyroid even though I am old.

OP
M

mgrabs

I feel the same way and cannot even tolerate 25 mcg of levothyroxine.... heart palpitations and panic attack...had to discontinue since I thought I was having a heart attack. Since then I have tried breaking the teeny tablet into thirds and that is not so bad, I have also gotten natural raw desiccated thyroid but have not been consistent in taking it. I listen to my body in the side effects of taking anything and decided I might not need to supplement thyroid even though I am old.
How long did you give it?

Mr Joe

Are you checking your pulse and temperature ? Half grain is a better start in my opinion. Do you have any blood test tsh prolacin as well ? If you take too much thyroid too fast without supplying enough carbs/protein in your diet or enough magnesium and sodium you might feel anxious. I suggest you to go half a grain for 2 weeks to 4 weeks and check your pulse and then increasse by half a gram if nothing changed or you feel you need more (based on feeling and symptoms of hypo).

OP
M

mgrabs

Are you checking your pulse and temperature ? Half grain is a better start in my opinion. Do you have any blood test tsh prolacin as well ? If you take too much thyroid too fast without supplying enough carbs/protein in your diet or enough magnesium and sodium you might feel anxious. I suggest you to go half a grain for 2 weeks to 4 weeks and check your pulse and then increasse by half a gram if nothing changed or you feel you need more (based on feeling and symptoms of hypo).
I was wondering if jumping right to the higher dose would help the T4 build up faster & bite through the anxiety/nervousness feel. As long as its not palpitations

dreamcatcher

Ray Peat recommended me to start with an 1/8th or 1/16th of a Cynoplus tablet and stay at that dose for about 4 weeks before adjusting the amount while monitoring pulse and temperature.

exile

I’ve read some of your other threads and iirc you’re working with a physician who is prescribing the thyroid. I would just let them know if you haven’t already. Other thoughts:

That sort of sudden adrenaline effect can happen when there’s something essential missing in the diet, while the requirements are increased by using thyroid. Deficiencies of protein, magnesium, calcium, and the B vitamins are most likely. Too much phosphate and too little carbohydrate are other possibilities.”“When you first start taking thyroid again, your tissues will need some extra magnesium...” — Ray Peat

OP
M

mgrabs

I’ve read some of your other threads and iirc you’re working with a physician who is prescribing the thyroid. I would just let them know if you haven’t already. Other thoughts:

That sort of sudden adrenaline effect can happen when there’s something essential missing in the diet, while the requirements are increased by using thyroid. Deficiencies of protein, magnesium, calcium, and the B vitamins are most likely. Too much phosphate and too little carbohydrate are other possibilities.”“When you first start taking thyroid again, your tissues will need some extra magnesium...” — Ray Peat
Interesting thank you! How does one lower phosphate levels naturally?

frannybananny

How long did you give it?
I only took it for a few days and that was by breaking it in half by the second day. I take magnesium every night, drink plenty of milk and don't think I am deficient in anything in my diet.... take plenty of B vitamins and get protein, carbs, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals