A Role For 5alpha-reductase Activity In The Development Of Male Homosexuality?

lampofred

I have nothing against gay people, but this is just something I thought could contribute to the thread: excessive body hair is promoted by estrogen irritating the adrenal glands to produce too much DHEA which is converted into androgens in the skin. Estrogen also promotes prolactin which promotes 5a-reductase. Estrogen + adrenal androgens is the cause of appearing hyper-masculine on the outside (bald, hairy) while having feminine traits on the inside (being attracted to men). Estrogenic stimulation of 5-alpha-reductase is something to avoid but 5-alpha-reductase stimulation through non-estrogenic substances such as coffee is definitely not bad. A possible cause of male homosexuality is high estrogen relative to androgens and progesterone imo, not 5-alpha-reductase or "excessive DHT."

Elephanto

The practice of homosexual sex correlates with Toxoplasmosis :
In contrast, the practicing homosexual sex, the factor F18, correlated positively with toxoplasmosis.

Endotoxins and the TLR4 receptor trigger cortisol :
Lipopolysaccharide directly stimulates cortisol secretion by human adrenal cells by a cyclooxygenase-dependent mechanism. - PubMed - NCBI

Cortisol as an indicator of severity of parasitic infections of Haemonchus contortus in lambs (Ovis aries). - PubMed - NCBI

Chronic stress raises DHT :
Effects of environmental stress on mRNA and protein expression levels of steroid 5alpha-Reductase isozymes in adult rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI

I think that carrying parasites increases homosexual urges because it will increase their survivability through unprotected anal sex. We know that most of serotonin (a brain chemical) is produced in the gut and so they call the gut our second brain. Thus it's not far-fetched that parasites can trigger mental urges. The chronic presence of parasites or endotoxins leads to chronic cortisol elevation, leading to increased DHT in men. While Toxoplasmosis is known to increase dopamine, the combo of DHT and high dopamine further promotes hypersexuality. On average, homosexual men have an history of several-fold more sexual partners than heterosexual men.

And this theory along with the study posted here aren't mutually exclusive, hypothyroidism decreases gastric acid output thus facilitating pathogenic growth. This could increase the risks of the mother carrying parasites and transmission of parasites to the baby if it doesn't also increase its risk of hypothyroidism.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone have any thoughts on how one would get rid of Toxoplasmosis?

My initial thoughts would be methylene blue seeing as it kills Malaria parasites.

Peatogenic

Anyone have any thoughts on how one would get rid of Toxoplasmosis?

My initial thoughts would be methylene blue seeing as it kills Malaria parasites.

If I have toxoplasmosis, Artemesinin certainly didn't change it.

Orangeyouglad

I have nothing against gay people, but this is just something I thought could contribute to the thread: excessive body hair is promoted by estrogen irritating the adrenal glands to produce too much DHEA which is converted into androgens in the skin. Estrogen also promotes prolactin which promotes 5a-reductase. Estrogen + adrenal androgens is the cause of appearing hyper-masculine on the outside (bald, hairy) while having feminine traits on the inside (being attracted to men). Estrogenic stimulation of 5-alpha-reductase is something to avoid but 5-alpha-reductase stimulation through non-estrogenic substances such as coffee is definitely not bad. A possible cause of male homosexuality is high estrogen relative to androgens and progesterone imo, not 5-alpha-reductase or "excessive DHT."

So lowering estrogen is beneficial, but what would you suggest to calm down those adrenals?

lampofred

So lowering estrogen is beneficial, but what would you suggest to calm down those adrenals?

RP said the main thing to keep the adrenals quiet is to never let blood sugar drop causing FFA to go up. Getting lots of sugar, eating high protein but only alongside adequate sugar because protein can excessively drop blood sugar, keeping fat low, getting lots of calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K and keeping phosphate low, lowering iron intake and donating blood to get rid of iron, and drinking lots of coffee and taking aspirin will keep sugar high. Thyroxin, because it suppresses TSH, also calms down adrenals. Alcohol, exercise, orgasm, hyperventilating/ruminating, to the extent that you push yourself beyond your metabolic capacity, all lower blood sugar. The lower your PUFA the less that stress of any kind is able to lower blood sugar.

Nemo

RP said the main thing to keep the adrenals quiet is to never let blood sugar drop causing FFA to go up. Getting lots of sugar, eating high protein but only alongside adequate sugar because protein can excessively drop blood sugar, keeping fat low, getting lots of calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K and keeping phosphate low, lowering iron intake and donating blood to get rid of iron, and drinking lots of coffee and taking aspirin will keep sugar high. Thyroxin, because it suppresses TSH, also calms down adrenals. Alcohol, exercise, orgasm, hyperventilating/ruminating, to the extent that you push yourself beyond your metabolic capacity, all lower blood sugar. The lower your PUFA the less that stress of any kind is able to lower blood sugar.

What a terrific summary, lampofred.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals