Pheremones, Androgyny, And Arrested Boyishness In Male Homosexuality

Peatogenic

Hello, I've read the threads on physiological observations in homosexuality. I'm gay and have made many physical observations both of myself and others and wanted to throw them in the pot and see if it's in line with the studies already asserted.

1. Arrested youthful features. So many gay men have an appearance of a little boy in an adult's body. Facial features are strikingly boyish even into middle age and beyond.

2. Slow aging. I'm not sure this is related to point one, because that's more about shape. I've noticed that many gay men look ten years younger than they actually are. At least five. I'd say it's mostly related to skin quality but also just energy level. Not sure if indicative of real or perceived health.

3. This is not as widespread as 1 and 2, but still significant. Feminine facial features. I've read studies about the high incidence of sexual abuse in homosexual population compared to heterosexual. One study mentioned gender nonconformity as possible link. Sexual predators prefer feminine attributes both emotionally and physically....stereotypes of beauty and submissiveness. I've always felt very androgynous...neither male nor female. There are gay men who haven't a lick of feminity, but who is to say this isn't performance. Even heterosexual men are trained from an early age that to appear feminine is the worst possible thing.

4. From a psychological standpoint, *rage* is very much central to gay identity. Of course, not for all. Some recent gay thinkers have linked it to alien shame and being unable to be validated for a true display of self. But I've also read threads here connecting homosexual tendencies to diet.

5. Pheremones. I've heard there's debate here and I'm not sure the correct word. I still remember in college one day walking into a classroom that had a short hallway. Before I even saw or heard the students I sensed something....I guess it was a smell. It was very intoxicating and difficult to describe, but it activated some kind of sexual pathway for me....when I turned the corner it was literally twenty college aged guys and no girls except my 70-yr-old professor, lol.

Similarly, I had a girlfriend for a brief time and I did never experience feeling this kind of sensory appeal through smell. It actually seems like a dimension separate from smell. The smell of female body parts made me want to gag. But I'm consistently "activated" by man smells. I will add a very important detail here. I've been very repressed in my sexuality my entire life and didn't really have an opportunity to "learn" this activation...if that's even a thing.

I'm super curious if others have any further thoughts on the physiology of homosexuality.

Last edited:

kayumochi

Hello, I've read the threads on physiological observations in homosexuality. I'm gay and have made many physical observations both of myself and others and wanted to throw them in the pot and see if it's in line with the studies already asserted.

1. Arrested youthful features. So many gay men have an appearance of a little boy in an adult's body. Facial features are strikingly boyish even into middle age and beyond.

2. Slow aging. I'm not sure this is related to point one, because that's more about shape. I've noticed that many gay men look ten years younger than they actually are. At least five. I'd say it's mostly related to skin quality but also just energy level. Not sure if indicative of real or perceived health.

3. This is not as widespread as 1 and 2, but still significant. Feminine facial features. I've read studies about the high incidence of sexual abuse in homosexual population compared to heterosexual. One study mentioned gender nonconformity as possible link. Sexual predators prefer feminine attributes both emotionally and physically....stereotypes of beauty and submissiveness. I've always felt very androgynous...neither male nor female. There are gay men who haven't a lick of feminity, but who is to say this isn't performance. Even heterosexual men are trained from an early age that to appear feminine is the worst possible thing.

4. From a psychological standpoint, *rage* is very much central to gay identity. Of course, not for all. Some recent gay thinkers have linked it to alien shame and being unable to be validated for a true display of self. But I've also read threads here connecting homosexual tendencies to diet.

5. Pheremones. I've heard there's debate here and I'm not sure the correct word. I still remember in college one day walking into a classroom that had a short hallway. Before I even saw or heard the students I sensed something....I guess it was a smell. It was very intoxicating and difficult to describe, but it activated some kind of sexual pathway for me....when I turned the corner it was literally twenty college aged guys and no girls except my 70-yr-old professor, lol.

Similarly, I had a girlfriend for a brief time and I did never experience feeling this kind of sensory appeal through smell. It actually seems like a dimension separate from smell. The smell of female body parts made me want to gag. But I'm consistently "activated" by man smells. I will add a very important detail here. I've been very repressed in my sexuality my entire life and didn't really have an opportunity to "learn" this activation...if that's even a thing.

I'm super curious if others have any further thoughts on the physiology of homosexuality.

I have noticed #1 and #2 as well. Of course, I don't know but it may also relate to the fact that many (if not most) gay men seem to take better care of their bodies (and looks) than most straight men ... I think there might be something else going on as well ... think of attractive straight men in the creative arts who age - they often look more like old women than old men ...

FredSonoma

I've also noticed over and over that gay men are energetic

Often in a high serotonin way though, which goes along with the anger I think

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

"high serotonin" is not an isolated symptom, though. Gay men could very well have high serotonin, but that means many other variables will be off, too.

More often than not, the rage is channeled through deep cynicism and humor.

Mufasa

Allthough, I think what you describe is not as general as you say. I think it is a subset of homosexuals. Sometimes called "twinks".

There are als a lot of gay guys who are bald on early age and have a lot of body hair etc. and dont look younger than their age.

Peater

"Arrested Boyishness" I think they're playing at G-A-Y London on Friday :D:D

Fascinating thread though, looks like it will be a good discussion

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I do believe that the Boyishness is actually very general...sometimes betrayed by hairloss or lots of body hair. I also believe it to be general that a majority of gays I've known do have the anti-aging thing...but it's not necessarily related to hair health. No, I didn't think of twinks really at all when I wrote this post. I'm talking about all body types and ages of gay men.

Mufasa

Personally, I only dated males from 16 to 26, started Ray Peating seriously at 25, and now I have a girlfriend at 27 and couldnt be happier with her.

I hope I dont start aging faster :)

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I did the stereotypical Ray Peat diet or way of things for four years and didn't notice a change in my sexuality. Sexual appetite did seem to increase though. My two years of very low carb was my least sex-focused years of my life. On Peat my skin quality took a nose dive and I feel I became more estrogenic as I developed man boobs and felt puffy....but I've learned since then that this is not really a Peat fault.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Mufasa, if you want to divulge, might you share how sexual attraction developed for women? Was it immediate or gradual? Does it make sense to you or feel like a new world? *What would have been your opinion of sex with a girl before?*. Had you ever had sex with a girl while you were still in your gay identity?

Wagner83

Personally, I only dated males from 16 to 26, started Ray Peating seriously at 25, and now I have a girlfriend at 27 and couldnt be happier with her.

I hope I dont start aging faster :)
If I remember right high dose vitamin A was the main player right? Do you still use it? What difference did it make besides gender attraction?

Pointless

It's well known that gay men are highly susceptible to pheromones and prefer extremely masculine and aggressive pheromones.

Stramonium

"Increased serotonin increases passive and submissive behaviour."

I'm in a point in my life where I'm not sure if I am attracted to males anymore. Recovering through diet and supplements (I've been taking Androsterone) sure made me sit back and think about homosexuality. I find it odd now to date males with female traits for some reason, to the point where it makes me uncomfortable and I turn them down :worried: so it's going to be a while before I can figure my sexuality before I can date anyone, but it is interesting though to see an aspect of oneself that used to be so determinant change by a few tweaks on diet.

Wagner83

but it is interesting though to see an aspect of oneself that used to be so determinant change by a few tweaks on diet.
Well you say you use androsterone, that stuff is no joke, very potent . I'm pretty sure I noticed that gay fantasies had something to do with digestion (and where the matter actually is in the digestive tract) , perhaps certain fibers as well as lower energy levels from digesting certain foods play a part too. I definitely have not noticed enough to be sure of any clear connection but I saw someone else mention that ditching particular foods made him (clearly) straight.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

"Increased serotonin increases passive and submissive behaviour."

I'm in a point in my life where I'm not sure if I am attracted to males anymore. Recovering through diet and supplements (I've been taking Androsterone) sure made me sit back and think about homosexuality. I find it odd now to date males with female traits for some reason, to the point where it makes me uncomfortable and I turn them down :worried: so it's going to be a while before I can figure my sexuality before I can date anyone, but it is interesting though to see an aspect of oneself that used to be so determinant change by a few tweaks on diet.

I've noticed that dominant or passive viewpoint in my sexuality varies between the two. Sometimes I'm attracted to submissive males and sometimes dominant....and of course anything in between. I find that I can be either emotionally and physically....which is interesting to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals