A Role For 5alpha-reductase Activity In The Development Of Male Homosexuality?

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Are you saying this because the board were homosexual? Probably serial killers too.....mmmm
No way. By "that people" I meant the kind of psychiatrists from APA who created the DSM. Either heteros or homos I don't care. They were probably lobbied to hell by pharma companies.

Drareg

No way. By "that people" I meant the kind of psychiatrists from APA who created the DSM. Either heteros or homos I don't care. They were probably lobbied to hell by pharma companies.

Don’t matter what way you swinging when money is involved,gay for pay you are then.....

Frankdee20

:lol::lol:
With all the recommendations on here you could turn,nev

What did I say that aroused your poor attempt at sarcasm ? Is this demographic off limits from scrutiny too ?

Frankdee20

Weren’t gay activists who protested the APA in the 70’s, and the heat felt as a result, have something to do with homosexuality’s depathologization in subsequent DSM’s ?

Frankdee20

So clearly some people on this thread aren’t open to dialogue, because that’s automatically interpreted as bias, and anti whatever agenda. I actually wanted to get into this a little, and the history of homosexuality viewed in a negative light, going back to Freud. But some people on here are too quick to play either the anti Semite card, or homophobic card. Frankly, that’s a shame, and isn’t fair. This labeling prevents people from chiming in, because it’s deemed a very sensitive subject.

Frankdee20

Hijacking and Destroying threads since 2017 !

Peatogenic

So clearly some people on this thread aren’t open to dialogue, because that’s automatically interpreted as bias, and anti whatever agenda. I actually wanted to get into this a little, and the history of homosexuality viewed in a negative light, going back to Freud. But some people on here are too quick to play either the anti Semite card, or homophobic card. Frankly, that’s a shame, and isn’t fair. This labeling prevents people from chiming in, because it’s deemed a very sensitive subject.

Well, what is it you'd like to discuss? Psychology is not exactly a scientific field, so using them as a measuring stick isn't quite valid no matter what stance they take. There was no scientific basis for it being a disorder before, just as it has not been disproven to be a disorder.

sladerunner69

I don't know, if I remember correctly he's the one who made a thread on a new hypothetical idealabs product called "homoban", if that was a joke too then I never got it lol.

About the study, it looks very poor, they basically state body hair is only caused by dht and then go on to measure body hair levels to come to the conclusion gay men have more dht (because they have more hair). Check what "bears" from the gay "community look like and tell me they are high dht low estrogens.
There are some interesting references in the study:
Further studies on sex hormones in male homosexuals. - PubMed - NCBI

The relation between sexual orientation and penile size. - PubMed - NCBI

They make a reference to this book as well:
The Homosexual Matrix - Wikipedia

Ray said estrogen has a masculinizing effect in early development of humans, perhaps too much 5ar activity to start with means not enough estrogens? Looking at bears and how overweight individuals may have higher 5ar activity (ever seen the beard of many fat guys?), I'd say it's possible they are highly estrogenic with the body using dht to compensate for that. Or I could rephrase that and say that high aromatase and 5ar activity at the same time may be the cause here, so 5ar-activity alone is not enough of a marker. An other possibility is one of the enzymes that makes androsterone isn't working properly (given the study such_saturation linked to).
Uneducated guy making wild guesses. :cool

Androsterone - Androgenic, Anti-estrogenic, Thyromimetic Neurosteroid

I remember that Gbolduev guy had claimed that estrogen was needed to "sensitize" DHT or else it would have little to no effect. He didn't bring in any studies or evidence to support his statements though, just his own observations.

Wagner83

I remember that Gbolduev guy had claimed that estrogen was needed to "sensitize" DHT or else it would have little to no effect. He didn't bring in any studies or evidence to support his statements though, just his own observations.
I remember he said that while talking about sex drive, not sure he ever mentioned sexual orientation (at least I did not catch it).

sladerunner69

I remember he said that while talking about sex drive, not sure he ever mentioned sexual orientation (at least I did not catch it).

Well perhaps homosexual men have very high, uncontrollable sex drive. I mean, that IS observable. Not to paint all gay guys with a broad brush, but maybe they grow a disdain for women and how demanding, manipulative, expensive (financially and mentally) girls can often be in relationships. If sex is the end goal, then it is much more easily approached by both parties, without conflict, when both parties are males. GENERALLY SPEAKING of course. For example in West Hollywood it is not uncommon for a man to go out for a night on the town, get hit on left and right, aggressively flirting , and end up "getting intimate" with multiple partners in one night or even at one club... In short I believe it much easier to "get sex" for most homosexual men, whether or not this is the grand appeal that inspires them to adopt, consciously or not, their sexual preferences.

Peatogenic

Hmm...as a gay person who has had to deal my whole life with assertions of homosexuality being a moral/spiritual issue....or, in a religious sense, the product of temptation or evil spirits cajoling...or that it's some kind of choice...or that it's simply a psychological ailment....reading their stories is very intense and affirming. They seem devastated, and I understand....

I'm 33 and have felt gay since I was 11...but I have been able to feel romantic feelings towards women maybe twice in my life....and I even recall a week of my life where I felt sexually attracted to women (understand, there was a pressure and desire to be hetero in this context). When I had these brief straight experiences in my life I felt nothing but thrilled and happy, perhaps because I've been conditioned that being gay is something one should be devastated about.

That homosexuality could be very strongly a hormonal state, a kind of "other"...seems like some kind of vindication. Living in a heterosexist society (I mean, it makes sense I guess), it's more understandable that gay people would get by or pretend to be straight. But otherwise, being with the opposite sex just feels unnatural for me...like a different identity that I don't understand or comprehend.

Sometimes I wonder if in the future, this whole "issue" will be a thing of the past, and humanity will truly understand it.

Last edited:

Peatogenic

Also, wanted to add that I experimented with androsterone...though I'm not sure in the right amounts or long enough. Consistently I noticed that I felt stronger and more confident. Kind of invincible. It was definitely noticeable and definitely consistent. But I didn't notice any changes to my sexual and/or romantic preferences.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I think for the people who has been straight/gay for a long time, it is difficult to see changes so quickly even using hormones. For the ones who are bisexual it can be much more noticeable in less time.

I think, at least in my experience, that things that reduce serotonin (i.e. cypro, metergoline) and estrogen (i.e. WBM extract, fat solubles, aspirin, etc.) decreases homosexual drive and things that increase them (i.e. SSRI's, finasteride, etc.), increase homosexual drive.I know it's simplistic, lots of other factors at play, but this has been my observation for my particular chemistry and also for what I have gathered from other members of the forum.

Last edited: