81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years

Ismail

There's also places I like to travel where it's difficult to get milk so wouldn't want to totally rely on it either, even though I may never be able to travel ever again!

We’ve just been told that there’s a £5000 fine if we travel abroad for a holiday at the moment (UK).

Razvan

you squeezes all the fruit by yourself?
juices from the supermarket are very high acidic.
Apple juice in my country is a traditional drink so you can find very good sources,but the orange juice i squeeze it by myself.

mrchibbs

Milk and fruits is certainly a pretty good diet, but is probably a tiny bit deficient in some trace minerals and certain vitamins.

A diet like this will be deficient in creatine. That will put stress in the organism's methylation processes, since the body uses nearly 50% of the methyl groups just for the production of creatine. I'm sure some people will have no problems on a diet like this, but others may notice a significant drop in cognition and strength. Aside from that, it's a good diet. Low in PUFA, high in potassium and magnesium, has some polyphenols and antioxidants, it's high carb, doesn't contain too much iron, etc.

Milk and fruits is certainly a pretty good diet, but is probably a tiny bit deficient in some trace minerals and certain vitamins.
Molybdenum comes to mind.

Dr. B

Having a look on cronometer it's pretty easy to get over 100% RDA of everything apart from iron and niacin with a milk based diet and grazing on fruit.

I think you're probably right, I do like a cooked meal at the end of the day and haven't tried to go full milk and fruit. There's also places I like to travel where it's difficult to get milk so wouldn't want to totally rely on it either, even though I may never be able to travel ever again!

I think iron, copper, as well as manganese, and chromium (unsure if this is essential) would be lacking on a milk diet. However adding in orange juice and coconut water cover manganese and some copper. Iron could be obtained from figs and dates. But I think in order to fully meet everything youd need milk, orange juice, coconut water, and some beef liver. That still comes up short on niacin/b3, and vitamin B6. I assume b3 isnt a big issue since tryptophan can be converted into it? Im not sure about B6, it seems difficult to get b6 from food sources. thats one milk and liver are both lacking in, but orange juice and banannas have some.

Dr. B

A diet like this will be deficient in creatine. That will put stress in the organism's methylation processes, since the body uses nearly 50% of the methyl groups just for the production of creatine. I'm sure some people will have no problems on a diet like this, but others may notice a significant drop in cognition and strength. Aside from that, it's a good diet. Low in PUFA, high in potassium and magnesium, has some polyphenols and antioxidants, it's high carb, doesn't contain too much iron, etc.

Molybdenum comes to mind.

Milk is very high in molybdenum, I believe its 22mcg per 8oz cup. It is decently high in selenium and iodine. If you are having a half gallon of milk a day youll be getting almost 200mcg molybdenum, 70mcg selenium, 100mcg+ iodine (organic products have less iodine, which is probably for the better). Milk is also pretty high in choline, I believe 42mg per 8oz cup or something like that. You are pretty much good on everything with milk besides iron, copper, manganese, chromium, b3 and b6 and possibly biotin.
There are other issues with milk like whether you should get raw or low temp pasteurized. But you need to get whole milk unless you somehow have access to raw. Because in the US all low fat and skim milks, and even many pasteurized whole milk products, have vitamin A and D, or just D added. and all these milk products with added vitamins almost always contain ingredients like propylene glycol and polysorbate 80. some of them even include carrageenan, silica, and sunflower oil, and they dont need to list anything on the label besides vitamin A and D added.

Forgot to add, Milk is also possibly low in vitamin E, C, D and K2. Maybe raw milk contains more of those fat solubles.

Milk is very high in molybdenum, I believe its 22mcg per 8oz cup. It is decently high in selenium and iodine. If you are having a half gallon of milk a day youll be getting almost 200mcg molybdenum, 70mcg selenium, 100mcg+ iodine (organic products have less iodine, which is probably for the better). Milk is also pretty high in choline, I believe 42mg per 8oz cup or something like that. You are pretty much good on everything with milk besides iron, copper, manganese, chromium, b3 and b6 and possibly biotin.
There are other issues with milk like whether you should get raw or low temp pasteurized. But you need to get whole milk unless you somehow have access to raw. Because in the US all low fat and skim milks, and even many pasteurized whole milk products, have vitamin A and D, or just D added. and all these milk products with added vitamins almost always contain ingredients like propylene glycol and polysorbate 80. some of them even include carrageenan, silica, and sunflower oil, and they dont need to list anything on the label besides vitamin A and D added.

Forgot to add, Milk is also possibly low in vitamin E, C, D and K2. Maybe raw milk contains more of those fat solubles.
Do you recall the study where you saw that molybdenum concentration for milk? According to the study below( and if my calculations are correct), regular cow's milk has 45 micrograms per liter. If one is drinking 2 or 3 liters of milk, they could get 100+ micrograms of molybdenum, so it's certainly not lacking in this mineral as I thought. Thanks for the correction btw.

I agree with the other issues that milk may have, which are sadly mostly related to commercial additives.

Dr. B

Do you recall the study where you saw that molybdenum concentration for milk? According to the study below( and if my calculations are correct), regular cow's milk has 45 micrograms per liter. If one is drinking 2 or 3 liters of milk, they could get 100+ micrograms of molybdenum, so it's certainly not lacking in this mineral as I thought. Thanks for the correction btw.

I agree with the other issues that milk may have, which are sadly mostly related to commercial additives.

i was just going off the NIH website. I spent like hours searching up all b vitamins and a bunch of nutrients on here one day just to get an idea of some food sources for the different vitamins and minerals Office of Dietary Supplements - Molybdenum

I guess it also depends on the methods used to create the milk. Milk naturally has iodine, but non organic milk often has like triple the iodine of organic milk, and its due to the iodine based cleaners used for non organic milk products. also depends whether the cows are being given vitamin supplements. the NIH website isnt totally up to date, it may be like 20 year old figures, but I figure it should be accurate for whats listed. Some things are missing, like coconut water is probably one of the best sources for potassium and manganese (500mg potassium and 0.6mg manganese per 8oz serving) but you wont find it listed on their potassium and manganese articles.

Jennifer

I think iron, copper, as well as manganese, and chromium (unsure if this is essential) would be lacking on a milk diet. However adding in orange juice and coconut water cover manganese and some copper. Iron could be obtained from figs and dates. But I think in order to fully meet everything youd need milk, orange juice, coconut water, and some beef liver. That still comes up short on niacin/b3, and vitamin B6. I assume b3 isnt a big issue since tryptophan can be converted into it? Im not sure about B6, it seems difficult to get b6 from food sources. thats one milk and liver are both lacking in, but orange juice and banannas have some.
I consume a dairy and fruit diet and just checked my crono log and my main sources of B3, B6 and copper are melon and goat’s milk—I meet over the RDA with those two alone.

Dr. B

I consume a dairy and fruit diet and just checked my crono log and my main sources of B3, B6 and copper are melon and goat’s milk—I meet over the RDA with those two alone.

Interesting, I havent done much research on goat milk. But I recall cows milk being very low in B3 and B6 and copper in my research. of course these values are based on pasteurized cows milk. but from what I remember even if you got a gallon of cows milk you wouldnt hit the rda for niacin, b6, and copper. I assume b3 isnt a big deal if you get tryptophan? supposedly calcium helps shuttle tryptophan towards b3 too?

Jennifer

Interesting, I havent done much research on goat milk. But I recall cows milk being very low in B3 and B6 and copper in my research. of course these values are based on pasteurized cows milk. but from what I remember even if you got a gallon of cows milk you wouldnt hit the rda for niacin, b6, and copper. I assume b3 isnt a big deal if you get tryptophan? supposedly calcium helps shuttle tryptophan towards b3 too?
Yeah, with a gallon of cow’s milk, B3 and copper come up short but not B6, at least based on cronometer. But of course, that’s likely only an issue when consuming nothing but milk. The days I consume cow’s milk, my fruit intake—mainly melon and wild berries (strawberries, blackberries, boysenberries, huckleberries, elderberries, black raspberries etc.)—more than covers the B3 and copper. Back when I was planning out my diet to get all the micros, I questioned the same thing in regards to tryptophan’s conversion to niacin and found studies showing 60 mg of tryptophan equaling 1 mg of niacin. I don’t have those exact studies, but I just did a google search and this study shows a similar conversion value:

Last edited:

Dr. B

Yeah, with a gallon of cow’s milk, B3 and copper come up short but not B6, at least based on cronometer. But of course, that’s likely only an issue when consuming nothing but milk. The days I consume cow’s milk, my fruit intake—mainly melon and wild berries (strawberries, blackberries, boysenberries, huckleberries, elderberries, black raspberries etc.)—more than covers the B3 and copper. Back when I was planning out my diet to get all the micros, I questioned the same thing in regards to tryptophan’s conversion to niacin and found studies showing 60 mg of tryptophan equaling 1 mg of niacin. I don’t have those exact studies, but I just did a google search and this study shows a similar conversion value:

I know of the conversion ratio of 60mg to 1mg but im wondering how you force that conversion. Maybe if you arent eating much niacin it happens naturally. Which fruits do you use for B3, B6, and B7? I found orange juice has 0.2mg B6 per 8oz... I will have some beef liver for copper and vitamin A.

Jennifer

I know of the conversion ratio of 60mg to 1mg but im wondering how you force that conversion. Maybe if you arent eating much niacin it happens naturally. Which fruits do you use for B3, B6, and B7? I found orange juice has 0.2mg B6 per 8oz... I will have some beef liver for copper and vitamin A.
Gotcha. Like you previously mentioned, calcium helps and I came across this:

Table 1​

Factors affecting tryptophan-nicotinamide conversion.

Enhance​
Suppress​
Nutrients
Nutrients
 High-quality protein38
 Low tryptophan diet39
 Unsaturated fatty acids23
 Low-molecular peptides38
Hormones
 Less vitamin B1 intake40
 Thyroxine24
 Less vitamin B6 intake17
Chemicals
 Excess protein intake41
 Antihyperlipidemic drug26
Hormones
 Antitubercular drugs27
 Adrenaline25
 Phthalate esters18
 Estrogen42
Physiological conditions
Diseases
 Pregnancy21
 Type-I diabetes20
 Renal failure13

Note: Superscript numbers reflect reference number.

My main fruit sources of B3, B6 and B7 are berries and melons. My highest sources of B3 are blackberries, boysenberries, strawberries, blueberries, honeydew melon and canary melon, my highest sources of B6 are elderberries, honeydew, canary and gooseberries, and my highest sources of B7 are currants, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.

Last edited:

Inaut

I know Ray says yeast is estrogenic but I'm using non-fortified yeast and it's filling in gaps.

baccheion

The only thing really missing from raw milk is iron (and maybe DHA). Low copper, manganese, B3, etc is intentional and a similar nutrient pattern is present in raw eggs. To see what's truly missing, compare with eggs (and also human breast milk somewhat).

Cloudhands

The only thing really missing from raw milk is iron (and maybe DHA). Low copper, manganese, B3, etc is intentional and a similar nutrient pattern is present in raw eggs. To see what's truly missing, compare with eggs (and also human breast milk somewhat).
What do u mean intentional?

baccheion

What do u mean intentional?
Eggs have lower copper. They also manually replace some of the actions triggered by copper: insulinogenic, conversion of stearic acid to oleic acid, etc. Raw eggs and milk are in balance with the lower copper present. Once bastardized and combined with other foods, then it's back to square one. For example, adding 1 ounce of liver if running on 1 gallon 1% milk and 0.5 gallon orange juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals