Scientists rejuvenated the skin of a 53-year-old woman to that of a 23-year-old's in a groundbreaking experiment

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Scientists rejuvenated the skin of a 53-year-old woman to that of a 23-year-old's in a groundbreaking experiment​

• Babraham Institute in Cambridge announced on Thursday researchers had successfully rejuvenated skin cells.
  • Scientists reprogrammed adult skin cells to look and behave 30 years younger than the original.
  • The technique cannot be taken to a clinic yet because previous studies have found it may increase the risk for cancer.
A team in the Babraham Institute in Cambridge has successfully rejuvenated a 53-year-old woman's skin cells to look and behave like a 23-year-old's, the research center announced on Thursday.

DKayJoe

I imagine this could be catastrophic for general health, imagine your body being forced to run processes it has long since abandoned because they were no longer energetically viable, cancer inducing indeed.

Nebula

I imagine this could be catastrophic for general health, imagine your body being forced to run processes it has long since abandoned because they were no longer energetically viable, cancer inducing indeed.
The article is really vague. Could very well be clickbait to promote the gene centric dogma of the mainstream. It says the cells look younger, not her skin. Whatever that means it’s probably not what they are insinuating. What healthy young behaving cell would be more prone to cancer?

DKayJoe

The article is really vague. Could very well be clickbait to promote the gene centric dogma of the mainstream. It says the cells look younger, not her skin. Whatever that means it’s probably not what they are insinuating. What healthy young behaving cell would be more prone to cancer?
To be honest I haven't even read the article, oops. I am refering to the remaining cells that have been unchanged. If our bodies age due to metabolic deficiency and we jerry rig parts of our aged body to perform as it did in a more optimal state I imagine that would create a considerable tax on the rest of that bodies systems?

Quelsatron

there's probably a significant hurdle to overcome when you have to regenerate the structure (wrinkles etc) and not just the epigenetic programming of the cells
Well thats ****88 the dating market
why? law of supply and demand my friend : )

SamYo123

there's probably a significant hurdle to overcome when you have to regenerate the structure (wrinkles etc) and not just the epigenetic programming of the cells

why? law of supply and demand my friend : )
Imagine thinking ur marrying a 23 year old and shes 53, and u want kids

Ben.

Imagine thinking ur marrying a 23 year old and shes 53, and u want kids

If they can rejuvate any cells, then that shoudn't be a issue.

Drareg

The vanity and narcism out there today means they could sell it with potential cancer side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals