Fatty Acid Composition Of Young Adults Analysis

Xemnoraq

Came across this study, quite interesting, it analyzes the fatty acid composition of 27 year old young adults, male/female, black and white etc.

Anyways based on if i’m reading this correctly, almost of all the groups averaged an unsaturation index over 50%!

(In their cholesteral esters)

So im not too sure if just analyzing the fat in the cholesterol esters only is enough to deturmine the saturation index, i think @haidut has mentioned different tests you can actually do to deturmine this, one of them being a test for mead acid if im not mistaken?

However if this is actually an accurate representation of total unsaturated index and these young 27 year olds average 50% of their fatty acid composition as polyunsaturated then so much for the mainstream arguement that saturated fat is causing heart disease in the middle aged, because we know based on how the body metabolizes ingested PUFA, that these people are not becoming any more saturated with age.

Im not 100% accurate in terms of my knowledge if this is an accurate representation of a persons unsaturation index so please correct me if im wrong, Peat has menioned PUFA mostly stores in cholesterol esters which aparently makes it even harder to remove from the body,

———————————————————————
“The median percentage of fatty acids in serum CE was highest for linoleic (52.5%), followed by oleic (18.4%), palmitic (8.8%), arachadonic (7.5%), palmitoleic (2.8%), and stearic (1.2%); with the remaining percentage being explained by minor fatty acids. Small amounts of lauric acid were detected in only 15 individuals.”
———————————————————————

So like i mentioned if this is true then would this not completely anialate the mainstream ideas that saturated fat causes heart disease without even having to make any scientific arguement to the people or “experts” that believe coconut oil causes heart disease,

Because essentially you could just demonstrate to them how peoples fatty acid composition even just by the age of 27, is really only 18% roughly saturated, where children would be much higher on the saturation index so if we followed the mainstream lies that would then insinuate children have the highest rates of heart disease due to having the highest saturation index according to mainstream medicines flawed logic.

And since we synthesize saturated fats from sugar following that logic would imply eating fruit clogs your arteries which is entirely preposterous and laughable at best,

So this lines in with what Dr. Peat mentioned in the past in an interview with Andrew Murray that by the time someone has reached the age of 30, their fat stores have become so increasingly unsaturated that this is where we start to see the metabolic problems set in,

I’ll link the study below, forgive me if i made any mistakes in interpriting any information, still learning like the rest of us on here but it’d be interesting to hear what anybodies thoughts on this are,

https://jandonline.org/article/S000...ltext#/article/S0002-8223(97)00538-5/fulltext

meatbag

Came across this study, quite interesting, it analyzes the fatty acid composition of 27 year old young adults, male/female, black and white etc.

Anyways based on if i’m reading this correctly, almost of all the groups averaged an unsaturation index over 50%!

(In their cholesteral esters)

So im not too sure if just analyzing the fat in the cholesterol esters only is enough to deturmine the saturation index, i think @haidut has mentioned different tests you can actually do to deturmine this, one of them being a test for mead acid if im not mistaken?

However if this is actually an accurate representation of total unsaturated index and these young 27 year olds average 50% of their fatty acid composition as polyunsaturated then so much for the mainstream arguement that saturated fat is causing heart disease in the middle aged, because we know based on how the body metabolizes ingested PUFA, that these people are not becoming any more saturated with age.

Im not 100% accurate in terms of my knowledge if this is an accurate representation of a persons unsaturation index so please correct me if im wrong, Peat has menioned PUFA mostly stores in cholesterol esters which aparently makes it even harder to remove from the body,

———————————————————————
“The median percentage of fatty acids in serum CE was highest for linoleic (52.5%), followed by oleic (18.4%), palmitic (8.8%), arachadonic (7.5%), palmitoleic (2.8%), and stearic (1.2%); with the remaining percentage being explained by minor fatty acids. Small amounts of lauric acid were detected in only 15 individuals.”
———————————————————————

So like i mentioned if this is true then would this not completely anialate the mainstream ideas that saturated fat causes heart disease without even having to make any scientific arguement to the people or “experts” that believe coconut oil causes heart disease,

Because essentially you could just demonstrate to them how peoples fatty acid composition even just by the age of 27, is really only 18% roughly saturated, where children would be much higher on the saturation index so if we followed the mainstream lies that would then insinuate children have the highest rates of heart disease due to having the highest saturation index according to mainstream medicines flawed logic.

And since we synthesize saturated fats from sugar following that logic would imply eating fruit clogs your arteries which is entirely preposterous and laughable at best,

So this lines in with what Dr. Peat mentioned in the past in an interview with Andrew Murray that by the time someone has reached the age of 30, their fat stores have become so increasingly unsaturated that this is where we start to see the metabolic problems set in,

I’ll link the study below, forgive me if i made any mistakes in interpriting any information, still learning like the rest of us on here but it’d be interesting to hear what anybodies thoughts on this are,

https://jandonline.org/article/S000...ltext#/article/S0002-8223(97)00538-5/fulltext
I think you might have posted the wrong link fyi
"The Effect of High Dietary Iron and Low Vitamin E on Lipid Peroxidation and Prostaglandin E2 in a Model of Colon Cancer" (good article though)

Wow, that's so much PUFA! And they're only 27 years old. Goes to show how diet plays a huge role. I would think that if these people run into something that damages their cells( radiation, long lasting stress, injuries, etc.), they'll experience a terrible situation. Prostaglandins galore.

This reminded me of a quote from a study from this thread: A Must-read PUFA Primer

"It arises from the fact that healthy adults generally have at least 1 kg of linoleate in body stores, more if they have more than 20% body fat. If the true linoleate requirement of a healthy adult human is about 5 g/day, there is a store of linoleate in body fat alone that would last 200 days; even if it is 10 g/day, there is a 100 day (>3 month) store.”

OP
Xemnoraq

Xemnoraq

Thats strange, i was looking at that study previously but when i click the link it brings me to the study titled fatty acid composition in cholesterol esters of young adults, hmm strange, i guess if anyone else clicks it and has the same issue let me know thats strange

OP
Xemnoraq

Xemnoraq

This reminded me of a quote from a study from this thread: A Must-read PUFA Primer

"It arises from the fact that healthy adults generally have at least 1 kg of linoleate in body stores, more if they have more than 20% body fat. If the true linoleate requirement of a healthy adult human is about 5 g/day, there is a store of linoleate in body fat alone that would last 200 days; even if it is 10 g/day, there is a 100 day (>3 month) store.”
Interesting, i also wonder if PUFA stored deeper into the tissues for example like Peat mentioned when the brain and cardiolipin become increasingly unsaturated, would be much harder to get out,

For example you can easily burn adipose tissue with exercise so id imagine if there is PUFA stored in the adipose you could likely burn through that with physical activity,

However, fats deeper composed into the mitochondria i often wonder if they are much more difficult to get in consering it seems they become composed into actual structures from the way it looks (based on my limited understanding)

And so Peat mentioned something like “a signifigant amount of unsaturated oils will still be present in the tissues even up to 4 years after their removal from the diet”

Which leads me to it takes alot longer to turnover the entire systems unsaturation index when the fats are stored in the cholesterol esters etc. As opposed to the adipose tissue,

This sort of reflects what i see in people following PUFA free diets i know people whove been on it for 6-7 years and are still having trouble getting their metabolic rate up,

I spoke with Danny a couple months ago and he mentioned Ray said something to him along the line of, “some people have enough unsaturated fat in their tissues to last them a lifetime”

Which i think Ray was maybe over exaggerating a little bit i think what we can draw from both his quotes i praphrased is that it actually likely takes alot longer to PUFA deplete/reduce yourself than 4 years, if your unsaturation index is high and metabolic rate is really low,

Me for example i used to eat about 100+g of PUFA a day, and ive always been skinny and muscular, barely any fat, however still extremely hypometabolic with all of the signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism and lipolysis to a high degree, ive been peating for almost 4 years and doing a fat free diet for almost 2.5 years and only now am i really starting to see some changes in temperature etc. And this mostly happened after starting thyroid and progesterone etc. For the first time,

My guess with myself is from eating 100+ g of PUFA in the past, the fact that ive always been lean my guess is i stored alot of my PUFA deep into the mitochondria and structure, where as if most of it was stored as adipose, its possible it’d be easier to burn off,

Just a theory but i really do think it takes longer than 4 years to really get some results

Id also like to add i think taking thyroid and speeding up the metabolic rate in a healthy way accelerates this, i used to think stress would make PUFA deplete faster (which may be true in some cases)

However i used to think if your oxidizing glucose then your not burning fat,

However Georgi and Danny i think stated (correct me if im wrong)

That your always burning SOME fat which would suggest maybe in a hyperthyroid state youd be burning MORE fat but acompanied by the increased oxidation of glucose in a healthy way rather than pure lipolysis,

I also heard Ray say in a podcast he think that once the PUFA is incorperated into the cholesterol esters it becomes increasingly difficult to get them out,

But i think he said he believes progesterone is cappable of detoxing them out so it sounds like,

Stress really isnt the way to PUFA deplete (even though it will do it well)

It really sounds like thyroid and progesterone accelerate the removal and turnover of the unsaturation index.

Many people on the forum here talk of concerns using niacinamide/aspirin and inhibiting fat burning but im starting to think that those things are actually improving the detoxification rate of PUFA, by improving the whole system and structure as a whole,

Improving liver function as well keeps the glucoronidation process of PUFA removal going,
As i think Peat has mentioned both endotoxin, hypothyroidism and unsaturated oils inhibit glucoronidation,

So unsaturated fats inhibit biological processes that help you detox them,

Natures way of really screwing you over,

So i really think taking thyroid or progesterone over time is really the way to change this in my opinion.

Along with eating very low PUFA

Last edited:

Luann

Im also getting the prostaglandins link.
It would be interesting to know how this stacks up against people from like 100 years ago in developed countries

baccheion

More damning is the omega-3 : omega-6 ratio. One study showed the benefits still didn't appear at a 1:3 ratio. It wasn't until 1:1.

There's also not getting enough vitamin E, selenium, etc to support that much PUFA. And insulin resistance leading to glycation and oxidation.

It seems keeping melatonin and DHEA at the level of a 25 year old does a lot to minimize visceral fat, normalize cortisol, and maintain insulin sensitivity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals