1.5ish years of PM eating & now I'm seemingly pre-diabetic...

ursidae

is it idiopathic reactive hypoglycaemia (180 min), alimentary (<120 min) or late (240–300 min)?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

is it idiopathic reactive hypoglycaemia (180 min), alimentary (<120 min) or late (240–300 min)?
Looking like alimentary as it's happening within 1-2 hours after eating.

ursidae

Postprandial Reactive Hypoglycemia

"Early reactive hypoglycemia occurs in the first 1-2 hours of OGTT. It may be due to accelerated gastric emptying, or exaggerated incretin effect. It is also possible that accelerated gastric emptying leads to increase of incretin.

Insulin secretion increases in response to oral glucose stimulation. This occurs through increased glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and ultimately leads to hyperglycaemia with excessive insulin exocytosis and early upregulation of GLUT 4 channels. In addition to increased insulin secretion, GLP-1 by suppressing the glucagon causes an insufficient response to hypoglycemia and accelerated gastric emptying, leading to early hypoglycemia. As a result, an early-onset of reactive hypoglycemia occurs due to the incretin effect related to glucose loading occurs."

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Postprandial Reactive Hypoglycemia

"Early reactive hypoglycemia occurs in the first 1-2 hours of OGTT. It may be due to accelerated gastric emptying, or exaggerated incretin effect. It is also possible that accelerated gastric emptying leads to increase of incretin.

Insulin secretion increases in response to oral glucose stimulation. This occurs through increased glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and ultimately leads to hyperglycaemia with excessive insulin exocytosis and early upregulation of GLUT 4 channels. In addition to increased insulin secretion, GLP-1 by suppressing the glucagon causes an insufficient response to hypoglycemia and accelerated gastric emptying, leading to early hypoglycemia. As a result, an early-onset of reactive hypoglycemia occurs due to the incretin effect related to glucose loading occurs."
What in the world would I do about that?

B

BRBsavinWorld

I'm gana assume that's sarcasm lol
Lol yes. I’m Interested in an answer as well, because it seems a true perplexing problem.

Even for an average western 35 yr old on a SAD diet, I wouldn’t expect such a quick turn for the worse.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Some info/stats, also was going on the theory that too much protein in the morning was making me crash:

Before dinner/after small bowl of chicken noodle soup:

Blood sugar 115

After dinner rice/very small amount of lean red meat:

Blood sugar 96

Breath felt off, feel confused, emotional, racing mind/odd surplus of mental energy.

Drank some apple juice

Temp skyrocketed to 99.3 Pulse 87 Oxygen 99

Felt overheated/face was flush

Took a single drop of cypro topically (0.5mg) on the premise that my high morning blood sugars were the cause of stress & not actually high blood sugar.

Woke up at 6am:

Temp 98.1
Pulse 73
Oxygen 93
Fasting blood sugar 96

Felt overheated, ears are ringing, woke up often though the night which isn't normal.

Slept better on glycine than the cypro for sure.

Drank OJ & milk w/maple syrup while cooking breakfast to replenish glucose stores:

Blood sugar came up to 116

Ate properly soaked then cooked pearl barley with splash of milk/maple syrup/small pinch of cinnamon.

After eating:
Temp 98.1
Pulse 82
Oxygen 98

Feel gross, drained of life, almost depressive/apathetic, random unprompted/non emotional urge to cry shortly after eating.

Blood sugar 15-30 mins after eating:

Already Dropped to 94

So unless the small amount of protein in the milk that I had with ample sugar crashed me too much protein in the morning doesn't seem to be the cause.

Lol yes. I’m Interested in an answer as well, because it seems a true perplexing problem.

Even for an average western 35 yr old on a SAD diet, I wouldn’t expect such a quick turn for the worse.
Yeah I'm kinda beside myself, I had made such amazing strides with my health & within a week I feel just as horrible as I did two years ago.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Yeah I'm kinda beside myself, I had made such amazing strides with my health & within a week I feel just as horrible as I did two years ago.
:(

So, were there any food changes leading up to this? brand swaps? I know it’s a hypochondriac tendency to over analyze these things (which this forum can have a habit or doing), but some things are genuinely terrible for health; for instance, I know I felt tons better, as Ray himself testified, when I swapped from microbial rennet cheeses, to only animal rennet; similar again, when I dropped all supplements with silicon.

PS, As an aside: Ray has suggested a minimum of 30% of total protein consumed, to be gelatin, and up to 50% as digestion of it improves (50% of the animal is gelatinous).

I don’t thing that’ll really do much for your current problem, other than lower stress and any inflammation, but thought it worth sharing.
I feel my best with that.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

:(

So, were there any food changes leading up to this? brand swaps? I know it’s a hypochondriac tendency to over analyze these things (which this forum can have a habit or doing), but some things are genuinely terrible for health; for instance, I know I felt tons better, as Ray himself testified, when I swapped from microbial rennet cheeses, to only animal rennet; similar again, when I dropped all supplements with silicon.

PS, As an aside: Ray has suggested a minimum of 30% of total protein consumed, to be gelatin, and up to 50% as digestion of it improves (50% of the animal is gelatinous).

I don’t thing that’ll really do much for your current problem, other than lower stress and any inflammation, but thought it worth sharing.
I feel my best with that.
The only swap I made was to go from bee pollen to a bee pollen/royal jelly/propolis blend.

I honestly thought that was it in the beginning because it correlated with the first time my blood sugar dropped to unreadable levels.

But I've not touched it since. I'd be pretty shocked if that created these lasting effects, or it would be my luck...

B

BRBsavinWorld

The only swap I made was to go from bee pollen to a bee pollen/royal jelly/propolis blend.

I honestly thought that was it in the beginning because it correlated with the first time my blood sugar dropped to unreadable levels.

But I've not touched it since. I'd be pretty shocked if that created these lasting effects, or it would be my luck...
dang.

Ben.

Propolis is quite a antimicrobial. Perhaps it did the right/wrong thing? I mean anitbiotics and antimicrobial herbs, even in short term use, can have quite an impact.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Propolis is quite a antimicrobial. Perhaps it did the right/wrong thing? I mean anitbiotics and antimicrobial herbs, even in short term use, can have quite an impact.
They for sure can, but that would be a pretty drastic considering the relatively small amounts in each capsule due to it being a blend.

But damn that's some halflife if it is the cause.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Jumping on to say this is the second day in a row now where in the evening my temps spike to 99.1- 99.3

It's not a pleasant feeling so I'm kinda skeptical this is simply my thyroid being happy.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Jumping on to say this is the second day in a row now where in the evening my temps spike to 99.1- 99.3

It's not a pleasant feeling so I'm kinda skeptical this is simply my thyroid being happy.
Maybe you have some kind of bug. I had a low grade fever and was kind of tired for a couple of weeks but never got sick. I never checked my blood sugar so I don't know about that. But blood sugar can certainly change when someone is ill. My temperature was about 99 all day, though, not just in the evening.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Stop taking all supplements
I did well over a week ago, well besides the small topical dose of cypro last night & the small amount of glycine the night before.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Maybe you have some kind of bug. I had a low grade fever and was kind of tired for a couple of weeks but never got sick. I never checked my blood sugar so I don't know about that. But blood sugar can certainly change when someone is ill. My temperature was about 99 all day, though, not just in the evening.
I was kinda trying to look at what viral loads can mess with blood sugar, most were pretty serious like you'd know if you had them situation.

But yeah the temp spikes have been pretty crazy now.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Do you snore or wake up in the night?
Nope, didn't sleep well last night but that's not the norm.

I also have a good circadian cycle, basically wake up not long after dawn & can't keep my eyes open past about 9:40.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals