Lean Diabetic

TibRex

Thank you TebRex, I will read through these links and and was only slighly familiar with the benefits of Milk Thistle. I will check out that product and if its as good as you say, will definitely give it a try and see what happens.

It's Milk Thistle EXTRACT [= silymarin], not the full-spectrum MT. Ordinary MT is notorious for being very low in bioavailability. So look for the 80% concentrated extract. Silymarin itself has 3 components and the one called silibin is the only one that is bioactive. I've seen one Australian MT being listed as containing "380mg silibin". But the one that's complexed with phytosomes (theoretically) has the bighest bioavailability.

How long were you taking it and in what quantity before you saw your first real drop? Interesting on the soy protein too, I'll have to do a bit more research on that...and it seems to be a bit contradictory of most views on this forum (PUFAs).

I'm in my 9th week of taking it - twice a day. But the supplement ran out a few days ago and I then decided to replace the MT Plus (a herbal combo) with just the monoherb MT 80% extract. I had the first drop within a week of taking the combo but the drop was nothing compared to the most incredible sense of wellbeing which I can simply describe as a sublime feeling of profound peace - a marvelous breakthru' in the midst of that metabolic storm or hell that I've been suffering for the past 20 yrs. The BG drop totaled 72 mg/dL in the first few weeks. Like you, I no longer worry about BG level - the complication that I experience is numbness in the feet, esp. in the evening/night. I've learned to do the half-lotus asana to alleviate that so it's not that bad really.

For anyone else following this, I am still increasing my carbs (mostly eating more fruit), though I did slip up and have a old fashioned sour cream doughnut with my girlfriend the other day with plain coffee (very low fat to high carb)...and surprisingly noticed that I reacted pretty decent to it (blood glucose wise).

You are very lucky that fruit does not spike your BG. This for me is the worst of all food items. I do not know why and am puzzled to read in the literature that fructose does not spike BG and that it doesn't require insulin to metabolize it. Another huge offender is honey [sigh]. Peat's recommendation of taking Niacin doesn't work for me. Pity!

... I've also been working on my breathing.

I read somewhere that diabetics have defective left-nostril breathing while asthmatics have defective right-nostril breathing. Left = cool or yin. Right = warm/hot/yang, according to TCM. Same principle applies to the left and right kidneys.

I am not too concerned with my HBA1C anymore, but will most likely be doing an insulin test here soon ...

According to one MD I came across, the insulin test provides a biomarker that surpasses that of the typical, routine glucose tolerance test, so you're spot on.

I want to do the basic metabolic panel as well to make sure I am not harming my kidneys or other health markers as well. And, would it make sense to do a thyroid test with my temps to see where I am at...or just keep checking my temps?

According to TCM, the kidneys are the first to get deranged and one of the signs is the increase in body temperature which is when the yin-factor gets vitiated. I experienced that myself and I remember hearing similar reports from others who also found that they needed to turn their air-conditioners to the lowest setting + leaving the fan on, on top of that! So, one primary TCM remedy would be to restore the yin-factor thru' taking appropriate herbs and bringing down the heat or body temperature. Otherwise, the untreated condition will wreak havoc on the system. Myself was on the brink of kidney failure but thanks to a Taiwanese psychic healer, I got treated at the 11th hour by her. She literally boxed me on the chest and back with her bare hands for 20-30 min ! It was a miraculous single-session therapy that took place 11 yrs ago and I've been well and fine since. Yes, I feel you should do a basic metabolic panel that includes the kidneys ..tis good! And don't forget to inform us of the results!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals