My glycemia baseline seems low : 50-60 mg/dL, continuous glucose monitoring

Bogdar

Hello, so 2 days ago I bought a continuous glucose monitor, "Freestyle Libre 2", it's a sensor on your arm that continuously keeps track of your blood sugar.
I'm not diabetic, it's only for the experiment.
But I was surprised to see that my blood glucose don't look like what I expected !
So, fasting blood glucose are considered good between 70 et 110 mg/ dL, < 70 is hypoglycemia (from google).

But I am constantly under 70. Last 24h, 14% of the time I was > 70. Sometimes even meals don't get me above 70.
I spent this entire night at 50, woke up, and tried something. I went to eat pastries and ingested like 120+ g of sugar (with water, only pastries).
And: blood glucose started going up from 60 about 10min after ingestion, peaked 15min after this at 115, and 15 to 20min after this, it went down to baseline at 60, considered "hypoglycemic".
It doesn't last 2hours or anything, it's always very short, and I get back to between 50 and 60.

However I don't feel bad, I feel functional, like everytime I have high energy phases and less energy phases, I don't feel like I could conquer the world but I still feel able to do sports etc.
Any experience with this ?
Could it be that different people have different healthy baseline in regards to glucose ? Or is it about maybe glycogen stores being resplenished (I do fitness / climbing every other day or so, not high intensity) ? I'm not fat, pretty lean

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Here are my last 24hours lol

Attachments

• 37A8AA14-8005-4181-BED3-E06646627DCA.png
    37A8AA14-8005-4181-BED3-E06646627DCA.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 27

JohnHafterson

CGMs are monitoring instertial fluid glucose levels. Blood sugar monitors from finger sticks measure capillary blood.

There are differences between interstitial and capillary/venous blood sugar management/transport/measurement. You can have different levels of blood sugar in different parts of the body at the same time.

You could run a check of capillary ( finger ) vs your cgm to see if there's a difference.

I've taken college chemistry exams at blood sugar in the 40s but was doing a keto diet.

I'm a member of diabetes forums and people are always complaining about their CGMs falling out or having accuracy issues/differences.

They're good for trends and monitoring things in the sleeping hours but finger stick still the best imo.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

CGMs are monitoring instertial fluid glucose levels. Blood sugar monitors from finger sticks measure capillary blood.

There are differences between interstitial and capillary/venous blood sugar management/transport/measurement. You can have different levels of blood sugar in different parts of the body at the same time.

You could run a check of capillary ( finger ) vs your cgm to see if there's a difference.

I've taken college chemistry exams at blood sugar in the 40s but was doing a keto diet.

I'm a member of diabetes forums and people are always complaining about their CGMs falling out or having accuracy issues/differences.

They're good for trends and monitoring things in the sleeping hours but finger stick still the best imo.
Hey, thanks a lot for the link and your knowledge !
Alright, I will consider acquiring a blood finger test to confirm. I noticed that eating more gave me better results on my glycemia and I seem to feel a bit better tho.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals