Peat Friendly Breakfast Cereal?

skycop00

Lots. I buy fruit wholesale by the box so I always have fructose. It's more about eating the whole fruit than just juice. For sucrose I use sucanat, Turbinado, coconut sugar, and evaporated cane juice. I use those randomly as in a scoop here and there or for making a homemade condiment. I also reduced more visceral fat by fasting. I tested my urea nitrogen to make sure I didn't burn muscle. Fasting can be done in a way where you burn mostly fat stores, especially visceral fat.
Intermittent fast or 24 hour occasionally? Seems like I read fasting puts the body in a stressed state....

denise

Try the "mom's best" brand chocolate rice crispies. The ignredients are rice, cocoa, and coconut oil.

Just today I discovered that the Malt-o-Meal bagged cocoa rice crispies cereal is exactly the same stuff as the Mom's Best cocoa crispies. It's just packaged (and marketed, and priced) differently. So you can save yourself some $$ and buy the kind in the value bag.

chrismeyers

So most organic cereals don't have added vitamins, so that is one of the requirements checked. The second ask is a little harder. You have to find organic non fat added cereals. Like for example most of the Cascadian Farm organic cereals are all added vitamin free, but many if not most have organic sunflower oil which is a no go. There are some boring options like the Erewhon puffed rice and another option is the Envirokids (by Natures Path) Koala Crisp cereal. Its basically organic cocoa crispies with no fat. Coco Chimps is the corn version. I tried all these but just realized Im flat out better without grains at all. Eating frozen fruit mixed with milk in the mornings just takes 5 minutes in my Nutribullet and it has absolutely zero side effects in my body like grains (even without PUFA) have

L

lollipop

So most organic cereals don't have added vitamins, so that is one of the requirements checked. The second ask is a little harder. You have to find organic non fat added cereals. Like for example most of the Cascadian Farm organic cereals are all added vitamin free, but many if not most have organic sunflower oil which is a no go. There are some boring options like the Erewhon puffed rice and another option is the Envirokids (by Natures Path) Koala Crisp cereal. Its basically organic cocoa crispies with no fat. Coco Chimps is the corn version. I tried all these but just realized Im flat out better without grains at all. Eating frozen fruit mixed with milk in the mornings just takes 5 minutes in my Nutribullet and it has absolutely zero side effects in my body like grains (even without PUFA) have
I do the same @chrismeyers - fruit, milk and a scoop or two of organic Three Twins vanilla ice cream - pure ingredients and no gums or carrageenan - in my nutrabullet. Then my coffee, best breakfast ever for me.

chrismeyers

I do the same @chrismeyers - fruit, milk and a scoop or two of organic Three Twins vanilla ice cream - pure ingredients and no gums or carrageenan - in my nutrabullet. Then my coffee, best breakfast ever for me.

I wholehearted agree with this. Ultimately the phytic acid in even the absolute best prepared grains is problematic. I mentioned sourdough bread in a previous post, and while that bread was the best possible form as far as bread, even that causes my teeth to feel weak if I eat too much. That tells me there is still phytic acid in there. I can only imagine how much is in these processed cereals with all of the processing and phytates (which block phytic acid) removed. I mean obviously you should choose one made from white rice or corn, but even then youd be much better off doing our nutribullet fruit smoothie. I love Three Twins by the way! Three twins and Straus are the only 2 ice creams I buy. Organic and no added ingredients.

Travis

I was just looking at exorphins, those peptides which have opiate effects. I found that rice had one, but in a way opposite that of most. It works as an inhibitor; the rice peptide is an opiate antagonist.

Oat peptides have been shown devoid of all opiate activity.

Corn was listed as having opiate effects, although the specific peptide had yet to be separated and characterized as of 2003 (and I can't find anything newer on this.)
corn.png click to embiggen

This chart also shows that whey (lactalbumin) has exorphins. I didn't realize that until just now. So not only is whey protein the highest in tryptophan (Fernstrom ratio), it has exorphins too.

Whey is a prefrontal lobotomy waiting to happen . . . in a bagged and powdered form.

Also perhaps worth mentioning is that the gluten exorphins have a threefold higher binding affinity for the δ-opioid receptor than for the μ-receptor. Stimulating the delta receptor stimulates prolactin release more than stimulating the mu, and prolactin interacts with dopamine in interesting ways. This could be something to look into. It is well-established that dopaminergic axons innervate and repress the release of prolactin in the pituitary (hypophysis) by it's very presence. When dopamine here is reduced (i.e. the neurons drained or dopamine production inhibited with α-methyltyrosine) then prolactin is released. Prolactin feeds-back and influences dopamine production (in at least one area of the brain.)

So prolactin may be a bit more than just manboobs. Prolactin could have effects on the brain. A recent study shows a correlations between prolactin and cognition in pregnant/postpartum women.
To our knowledge, this is the first study to find a relationship between PRL levels and cognitive functioning in young healthy pregnant women. The negative linear association between PRL levels and Executive Function scores suggests that higher levels of PRL are detrimental to executive function abilities. The negative linear and quadratic associations between PRL and Paragraph Recall scores (verbal memory) suggests that high and low levels of PRL are detrimental to verbal memory whereas moderate levels are optimal. Although the mechanism by which PRL may influence cognitive function is unknown, it is possible to speculate that it may be associated with the known inhibitory effects of dopamine (DA) on PRL (Ben-Jonathan & Hnasko, 2001). ―Henry
The exorphins derived from casein work on the μ-receptor. This receptor has less effect in influencing the release of prolactin. So perhaps paradoxically, wheat stimulates milk production more than does milk itself.

The μ-receptor is the fun, recreational receptor in which morphine binds with the greatest affinity. The μ-receptor is the only one worth stimulating. (Poppies are technically illegal to grow, but this is rarely enforced. You can buy the seeds everywhere.)

Teschemacher, H. "Opioid receptor ligands derived from food proteins." Current pharmaceutical design 9.16 (2003): 1331-1344.
Zioudrou, C. "Exorphins-peptides with opioid activity derived from α-casein and wheat gluten." Characteristics and function of opioids.(J. van Ree and L. Terenius, eds.) (1978): 243-244.

Henry, Jessica F., and Barbara B. Sherwin. "Hormones and cognitive functioning during late pregnancy and postpartum: a longitudinal study." Behavioral neuroscience 126.1 (2012): 73.

Last edited:

Ideonaut

It's an ongoing experiment. Check out these books:

Fasting and Eating for Health

The Pleasure Trap
As for Fuhrman, if it works, it works, but it sure is different from Peat's recommendations. Has Peat ever said anything good about fasting? As far as he's concerned it is just a damaging stressor, no? And Fuhrman says milk is a non-food and advocates forcing raw kale down your gullet as a kind of exercise. On the other hand, Fuhrman looks healthy and energetic. Being open-minded, I put a hold on his book at the library. thnx

tara

Has Peat ever said anything good about fasting?
Yes, he has, in some contexts. There is a bit of commentary in the forum, if you search.

Has Peat ever said anything good about fasting?

He said "fasting has often eliminated all symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.." when I sent him this study.

As far as he's concerned it is just a damaging stressor, no?

He thinks it destroys the thymus gland which would lower immunity but I haven't seen any evidence of that in humans who do the true definition of fasting, which is water-only in a resting state while medically supervised. That is completely different than everything else people use for the term "fasting" which is really caloric restriction, not fasting.

Check out this PDF.

And Fuhrman says milk is a non-food and advocates forcing raw kale down your gullet as a kind of exercise. On the other hand, Fuhrman looks healthy and energetic.

I disagree with him on the raw part because I think fruit is the only true raw human food that you actually get some things of value from other than fiber, as in you can eat celery and carrots raw but you're not getting minerals and sugar and probably not a lot of phytonutrients. Cooked greens are better than raw.

Being open-minded, I put a hold on his book at the library. thnx

I recommend The Pleasure Trap over Furmans book. Stephan Guyenet copied it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY2QWYM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I9BNOOVANWOML&colid=242JMVORGFR8H

I also recommend this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0914532405/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VRVFM7SGY28E&colid=242JMVORGFR8H

Attachments

• Chapter37.pdf
    193.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Ideonaut

He said "fasting has often eliminated all symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.." when I sent him this study.

He thinks it destroys the thymus gland which would lower immunity but I haven't seen any evidence of that in humans who do the true definition of fasting, which is water-only in a resting state while medically supervised. That is completely different than everything else people use for the term "fasting" which is really caloric restriction, not fasting.

Check out this PDF.

I disagree with him on the raw part because I think fruit is the only true raw human food that you actually get some things of value from other than fiber, as in you can eat celery and carrots raw but you're not getting minerals and sugar and probably not a lot of phytonutrients. Cooked greens are better than raw.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY2QWYM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I9BNOOVANWOML&colid=242JMVORGFR8H

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0914532405/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VRVFM7SGY28E&colid=242JMVORGFR8H

Ideonaut

Check out this PDF.

thanks! I got Pleasure Trap on your recommendation. If it's no good I'll have a good focus for my ire.

D

Deleted member 5487

I love cereal. I generally don't ever eat it but sometimes I let my hair down and have a few bowls of Rice Krispies. But it always messes with my bowels. Sometimes you can find addictive free in health shops. Porridge oats are ok.

There is somthing real about rice krispies. That stuff is jet fuel for energy and libido. Especially rice krispie treats that have butter and marshmellows.

Must be its absorption

DaveFoster

I looked at quaker puffed rice and there was added iron in the ingredient list but on the nutritional label it says 2% of RDA on the label. That's a bit confusing.
The cereal uses iron-enriched rice, but there's no iron added to the final product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals