Peat Friendly Breakfast Cereal?

bobbybobbob

Whole wheat cereals like shredded wheat usually don't have added iron or anything else. For whatever reason whole wheat is exempt from the stupid regulations that cause them to add iron to everything else.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just took a walk to my local health food store and found Nature's Path puffed brown rice. The only ingredient on the label is rice. How sweet is that?
Yeh I checked out my local store today and found the same thing for $1.99. Might go ahead and pick it up next time and try it out. Wish it was in white rice though.

Well it's the price you pay I guess! Besides it has added OJ its like it was designed by Peat himself!

Sladerunner 69 I thought you were kidding about the added hormones, oj, etc., but now I'm a little confused!

Ideonaut

Try the "mom's best" brand chocolate rice crispies. The ignredients are rice, cocoa, and coconut oil. The best part is the only added vitamins are niacinimide, vitaimin e (mixed troco), pregnenelone, dhea, aspirin and orange juice.
What, no sugar? That's okay, I'll spoon on my own.

caroline

I tried Gorilla Munch this week. It is made with corn, not rice. Seemed to work okay. I have to see if it works better for me than rice which seems to make me tired. The corn cereal did not.

milk_lover

I love corn flakes, i used to eat it a lot as a breakfast. Now I just eat it occasionally especially if I am staying at a hotel and eating their breakfast. It's probably fine because the milk can block some of the iron and the sugar (sucrose) can balance out the starch. I don't think they have a lot of PUFA, even if they do, the saturated fat from milk should help. Occasional food shouldn't be a big problem I guess unless you want the cereal to be part of your everyday breakfast.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Whole Foods 365 Brand Brown Rice Crisps - No added iron

0g PUFA

Ingredients:
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Cane Sugar
Sea Salt

$3.99 for 1,210 Calories.

Whole Foods 365 Brand Brown Rice Crisps - No added iron

0g PUFA

Ingredients:
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Cane Sugar
Sea Salt

$3.99 for 1,210 Calories.

Nice! And I know where to get this in my area since it's Whole Foods brand. Besides, I think getting brown rice here and there is a very good way to get critical B vitamins. My rice pasta, which we have once a week, is also made with brown rice.

Thx nomoreketones!

My favorite guilty pleasure cereal...Organic popcorn popped with EVCO, salted, and topped with maple syrup. Then drowned in milk.

tara

Rice pudding/porridge?

There's no such thing as a "Peat friendly" breakfast cereal. When Peat talks about the negatives of starch, he usually writes the world "cereal" nearby. But he has recommend oatmeal/bran in his book "Nutrition For Women" and in the 1992 addendum to that book he didn't mention anything about cutting oatmeal so oats/oat bran would be the closest thing. There are almost no brands that make additive free cereal. I love corn so Erewhon's Corn Flakes are one of my favorite snacks. The ingridients are just milled corn and salt. But that's not "Peat" and any cereal, even if it's additive free and wheat free is still not "Peat." The only exception would be a kind of nixtamalized corn cereal or a a white rice and sugar cereal but don't hold your breath for that to come out anytime soon.

When you say "quickly and fully digested starch" that depends on the person. I've evolved into a super starchivore but it took some time and it took doing things that most people won't do. In my experience, dairy and starch don't mix and that is why people often fart after a meal of potatoes with cheese/butter or cereal with milk. In a Peat context, maybe potatoes with coconut oil instead of butter would not cause gas. If someone doesn't eat much starch but then wants to eat it everyday it's going to take some time to adjust but they will most likely end up with bloating and gas because many foods don't mix well.

Last edited:
OP
N

nomoreketones

@Westside PUFAs, how much fructose/sucrose do you have in your diet? The reason I ask is that you reported success in reducing visceral fat while keeping fat low in other posts. I'm wondering if you did this with fructose in your diet or not.

@Westside PUFAs, how much fructose/sucrose do you have in your diet? The reason I ask is that you reported success in reducing visceral fat while keeping fat low in other posts. I'm wondering if you did this with fructose in your diet or not.

Lots. I buy fruit wholesale by the box so I always have fructose. It's more about eating the whole fruit than just juice. For sucrose I use sucanat, Turbinado, coconut sugar, and evaporated cane juice. I use those randomly as in a scoop here and there or for making a homemade condiment. I also reduced more visceral fat by fasting. I tested my urea nitrogen to make sure I didn't burn muscle. Fasting can be done in a way where you burn mostly fat stores, especially visceral fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals