Does thyroid use up calcium in the body?

Giraffe

mayweatherking said:
post 103142 The light somehow opened up my nostrils or something I don't know. I've only been eating cheese and coffee and OJ lately since I ran out of milk. So I go buy raw milk. As soon as I drink the raw milk and the coffee, the sides of my head start expanding again (calficiation, yay) and I didn't take any vitamins today, but then all of a sudden I can't smell anything in my car and I go into this weird daze that I've been in the last 7 years.
Wild guess... Light therapy can bring prolactin down fast (Yimmyquick). Your weird headaches might be caused by high prolactin (Blossom's posts gave me that idea).

You can try a few things:

- Don't gulp your beverages down. Sip your milk and coffee really slow. Read/listen to Water Retention, 2011 KMDU.
- Don't drink too cold beverages.
- Continue light therapy.
- Lysine can help to heal the gut. (Don't overdo! 500 mg once or twice was enough enough for the others.)

mayweatherking said:
post 103213 Do you know why calcium would cause sleepiness? I take 1/4 egg shell and feel like im gonna fall over in my chair only to be ok an hr later even though taking coffee.
I think it is the same as with the magnesium: It brings down stress hormones. When I had a stressy day and come home and sit down to drink a cup of coffee I almost always fall asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mayweatherking
Giraffe said:
post 103251
mayweatherking said:
post 103142 The light somehow opened up my nostrils or something I don't know. I've only been eating cheese and coffee and OJ lately since I ran out of milk. So I go buy raw milk. As soon as I drink the raw milk and the coffee, the sides of my head start expanding again (calficiation, yay) and I didn't take any vitamins today, but then all of a sudden I can't smell anything in my car and I go into this weird daze that I've been in the last 7 years.
Wild guess... Light therapy can bring prolactin down fast (Yimmyquick). Your weird headaches might be caused by high prolactin (Blossom's posts gave me that idea).

You can try a few things:

- Don't gulp your beverages down. Sip your milk and coffee really slow. Read/listen to Water Retention, 2011 KMDU.
- Lysine can help to heal the gut. (Don't overdo! 500 mg once or twice was enough enough for the others.)

mayweatherking said:
post 103213 Do you know why calcium would cause sleepiness? I take 1/4 egg shell and feel like im gonna fall over in my chair only to be ok an hr later even though taking coffee.
I think it is the same as with the magnesium: It brings down stress hormones. When I had a stressy day and come home and sit down to drink a cup of coffee I almost always fall asleep.

I see. Thanks for the info. What is yimmyquick?

Giraffe

mayweatherking said:
post 103253
:lol:

Yimmyquick is the helpful user you communicated with about lightbulbs.

Please read the threads I have linked for you. :)

OP
mayweatherking
Giraffe said:
post 103259
mayweatherking said:
post 103253
:lol:

Yimmyquick is the helpful user you communicated with about lightbulbs.

Please read the threads I have linked for you. :)

Okay thank you I will read those.

In other newa yimmy quick or jimmy quick I ******* LOVE YOU AND IF I EVER BECOME A MILLIONAIRE I AM BUYING YOU WHATDVER YOU WANT AND IM BEING COMPLETELY SERIOUS

So I bought a regular clear bulb and stayed under it last night for a good 3 or 4 hours maybe longer. I just felt good when it was on me as soon as I turned it off I felt my energy go down. Duuuuude my libido is kicking in today. I saw some girls in my office building.. holy god something is starting to tick. Thank you Jesus. Fwiw.. I havent felt like this in roughly 7 yrs and Im 26. It will come back occasionally but never 'felt' right if that makes sense.

I also switched to beef instead of milk for today, but I still felt the skull expansion thing. I did 1/4 tsp of eggshell with beef and oj (I forgot my gelatin today tho for work). I think I might be having toom much protein or something I dk. I realize also my thyroid sucks and ive been taking d and all those vitamins and it boosts my temp so now im not taking any vitamins until my temp is above 98.6 altho I did take aspurin and k2 isolated but didnt notice anything shocking.

I am going to doc tomo hopefully to get that bloodwork if he will give it to me

OP
mayweatherking
Man I dont know what it is but my head feels like it is expanding so much.. I feel like my brain is too big in my skull like crazy pressure in my jead after eating beef eggshell oj and coffee. I think thr aspirin amd k2 before kicked up my libido because now its gone again. I think I have very bad thyroid that seems to get better from the light. Maybe I will just do very long light sessions....

The head pressure is insane right now.... this tis the root cause of balding whatever it is.. def calcification but I dont know how to stop it... maybe less than 4k D next time

OP
mayweatherking
Can anyone think of something I can take I isolation while I have the head swelling that could explain the root cause of it? The light helps it maybe it is just extreme hypo that needs a lot of light

OP
mayweatherking
Damn I just realized i forgot to use mag spray after the eggshell I will do some now and see if it changes anything

OP
mayweatherking
Hey guys this is kind of crazy. So I took the mag and the head swelling went down. But then my pulse completely dropped.. it went down to like 60bpm and my tooth started aching and my hair got itchy for a second... its like my metabolic rate just got dumped by magnesium... does anyone know why this would happen??

It also made me feel hungry? ??

OP
mayweatherking
:hattip So I go eat again since the mag made me hungry and have oj beef and very small amt of egg shell.. like 30% of 1/4 tsp since I figure I have magnesium floating around but I need to offset the phosphate in beef. 30 mins later.. head swelling again. Its like I keep doing stuff to offset and it jus happens again.

So should I just take more magnesium again? Im just spraying on about 10 sprays which looks to be 250mg ish of mag. Maybe I should get mag pills in a more exact amt? Or maybe im not taking enough calcium and its too much phosphate? My teeth just ache now a little and not really any libido but I feel a little hungry again but not sure how much to take of either eggshell or mag lol.

Is this crazy or what?

It seems like my main problem is this. Anytime I uave calcium.. my head literally starts expanding and I have intense pressure in my head near my ears.. milk egg shell both. When I take magnesium... it goes down.. but if I eat calcium again.. it goes back to swelling. It seema like a tipping game maybe too much of one not enoigh of other im not sure. .. light seems like best option for me.. tmi but masturbation also seems to increase the swelling... not sure the root of it tho... if i can figure it out. .. seems like my problem will be solved.... damn I need to get home to the light im about to be I the light fir like 4 hrs again tonight lol light seems to sttop swelling

Sea

If something causes your head to hurt, then don't consume it anymore. A lot of head pains are related to the gi tract. If what you are eating is not digesting well, then headaches/migraines are a possibility. Generally, when you are hypothyroid you won't need many minerals or vitamins. When the metabolism is slow the body doesn't use minerals/vitamins at a high rate, and has adjusted to getting by with small amounts of micro nutrients. Generally, you won't need many micro nutrients until you start to increase the speed of your metabolism with a diet that doesn't irritate your gi tract, and supplements like thyroid, aspirin, caffeine, pregnenolone, antibiotics, light and maybe some b vitamins or other substances discussed on these forums. The one mineral that I would consider consuming extra is salt which helps your body to retain magnesium and other minerals. If your temperature and pulse are below 98.6/80 or so then I doubt you will do well on milk or beef and I would look to consume foods that are easier to digest until you boost your metabolism above those numbers.

OP
mayweatherking
Sea said:
post 103429 If something causes your head to hurt, then don't consume it anymore. A lot of head pains are related to the gi tract. If what you are eating is not digesting well, then headaches/migraines are a possibility. Generally, when you are hypothyroid you won't need many minerals or vitamins. When the metabolism is slow the body doesn't use minerals/vitamins at a high rate, and has adjusted to getting by with small amounts of micro nutrients. Generally, you won't need many micro nutrients until you start to increase the speed of your metabolism with a diet that doesn't irritate your gi tract, and supplements like thyroid, aspirin, caffeine, pregnenolone, antibiotics, light and maybe some b vitamins or other substances discussed on these forums. The one mineral that I would consider consuming extra is salt which helps your body to retain magnesium and other minerals. If your temperature and pulse are below 98.6/80 or so then I doubt you will do well on milk or beef and I would look to consume foods that are easier to digest until you boost your metabolism above those numbers.

I dont think it is something not digesting well... it is only calcium. Anything calcium in general. It is funny you say salt because I was just thinking that as well. Salt also exceets high calcium doesnt it? I wonder if I have too much calcium ( which I did have over the range serum calcium last blood test ) and its not being excreted becuse no salt? I have the pickling salt at my house but not using it at all.

What dose do you think is good for salt or how often?

I chose beef bec danny roddy said he used it before milk. .. he said he did beef fish and oysters.

What protein do you recommend then? I need to take the eggshell though for phosphate tho dont I? I feel like im doing more harm not taking it... maybe the salt anf mag would solve it

Sea

mayweatherking said:
post 103434
Sea said:
post 103429 If something causes your head to hurt, then don't consume it anymore. A lot of head pains are related to the gi tract. If what you are eating is not digesting well, then headaches/migraines are a possibility. Generally, when you are hypothyroid you won't need many minerals or vitamins. When the metabolism is slow the body doesn't use minerals/vitamins at a high rate, and has adjusted to getting by with small amounts of micro nutrients. Generally, you won't need many micro nutrients until you start to increase the speed of your metabolism with a diet that doesn't irritate your gi tract, and supplements like thyroid, aspirin, caffeine, pregnenolone, antibiotics, light and maybe some b vitamins or other substances discussed on these forums. The one mineral that I would consider consuming extra is salt which helps your body to retain magnesium and other minerals. If your temperature and pulse are below 98.6/80 or so then I doubt you will do well on milk or beef and I would look to consume foods that are easier to digest until you boost your metabolism above those numbers.

I dont think it is something not digesting well... it is only calcium. Anything calcium in general. It is funny you say salt because I was just thinking that as well. Salt also exceets high calcium doesnt it? I wonder if I have too much calcium ( which I did have over the range serum calcium last blood test ) and its not being excreted becuse no salt? I have the pickling salt at my house but not using it at all.

I chose beef bec danny roddy said he used it before milk. .. he said he did beef fish and oysters.

What protein do you recommend then? I need to take the eggshell though for phosphate tho dont I? I feel like im doing more harm not taking it... maybe the salt anf mag would solve it

I can only give you my opinion. Constipation is a common side effect from supplemental calcium. With a slow metabolism, the digestive tract usually functions pretty poorly, so even a little supplemental calcium could cause a problem, which could result in a headache. I don't know of any other mechanism by which calcium would cause a head pain, but I am certainly no expert.

Salt requirements will vary a lot, based on the speed of your metabolism and the amount of liquid in your diet. The lower your temperature/pulse is, the more salt you will require. The more liquid in your diet, the more salt you will require. Nowadays I average around 99.5 temp and 120 pulse during the day. I feel best with around 6 teaspoons of salt and there is an average of roughly 2.5 quarts of liquid in my diet. I know that when I was hypothyroid, I needed around 12 teaspoons of salt, but my diet was also too high in liquid then. I think it is best to eat the salt frequently, but I don't think there is much risk in consuming a lot at once(If your adrenaline is high, a lot of salt in a short period of time can turn down the adrenaline and make you feel relaxed), just make sure to let it fully dissolve in your saliva before swallowing it, or let it fully dissolve in a liquid(several hours) before drinking it, or simply add it to any solid foods you are consuming. I prefer to get most of my salt by just consuming pinches of it alone, throughout the day.

I think that beef and oysters are not great choices if you are hypothyroid. I would consider fat free greek yogurt. I prefer the siggis or wallaby brand which is slightly higher in protien than the average greek yogurt. Other sources of protien that tend to be easier to digest than beef would be low fat fish(not shrimp which can be allergenic), fat free cottage cheese, low fat chicken, low fat turkey, potatoes or low fat cheeses. Eggs and shrimp are probably a bit easier than beef, but both can be allergenic while beef usually isn't.

I wouldn't worry at all about phosphate. The calcium to phosphate ratio is something to consider for a long term diet, but when you are hypothyroid I think it is much more important to simply reach an adequate carbohydrate, protien and salt intake, while limiting any intake of pufa which should stabilize you at a higher temperature/pulse. Then, boost your metabolic rate with supplements which will allow you to improve your diet to be more optimal for the long run.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wouldn't have beef with O.J. regularly unless you're anemic. The vitamin c with increase the absorption of iron.

OP
mayweatherking
Sea said:
post 103440
mayweatherking said:
post 103434
Sea said:

I can only give you my opinion. Constipation is a common side effect from supplemental calcium. With a slow metabolism, the digestive tract usually functions pretty poorly, so even a little supplemental calcium could cause a problem, which could result in a headache. I don't know of any other mechanism by which calcium would cause a head pain, but I am certainly no expert.

Salt requirements will vary a lot, based on the speed of your metabolism and the amount of liquid in your diet. The lower your temperature/pulse is, the more salt you will require. The more liquid in your diet, the more salt you will require. Nowadays I average around 99.5 temp and 120 pulse during the day. I feel best with around 6 teaspoons of salt and there is an average of roughly 2.5 quarts of liquid in my diet. I know that when I was hypothyroid, I needed around 12 teaspoons of salt, but my diet was also too high in liquid then. I think it is best to eat the salt frequently, but I don't think there is much risk in consuming a lot at once(If your adrenaline is high, a lot of salt in a short period of time can turn down the adrenaline and make you feel relaxed), just make sure to let it fully dissolve in your saliva before swallowing it, or let it fully dissolve in a liquid(several hours) before drinking it, or simply add it to any solid foods you are consuming. I prefer to get most of my salt by just consuming pinches of it alone, throughout the day.

I think that beef and oysters are not great choices if you are hypothyroid. I would consider fat free greek yogurt. I prefer the siggis or wallaby brand which is slightly higher in protien than the average greek yogurt. Other sources of protien that tend to be easier to digest than beef would be low fat fish(not shrimp which can be allergenic), fat free cottage cheese, low fat chicken, low fat turkey, potatoes or low fat cheeses. Eggs and shrimp are probably a bit easier than beef, but both can be allergenic while beef usually isn't.

I wouldn't worry at all about phosphate. The calcium to phosphate ratio is something to consider for a long term diet, but when you are hypothyroid I think it is much more important to simply reach an adequate carbohydrate, protien and salt intake, while limiting any intake of pufa which should stabilize you at a higher temperature/pulse. Then, boost your metabolic rate with supplements which will allow you to improve your diet to be more optimal for the long run.

That is insane. Your pulse is god like. Dr. Peat, is that you? :P

The headache thing.. I think it is a mechanism of male pattern baldness. I don't get a headache, I literally feel my skull expanding at the sides. I'm pretty sure it is what happens with MPB, but people don't understand it 100% yet. I think I just have it more extreme right now because of super low test among other things...

Okay thanks that's really helpful. You know what, I do actually some form of constipation. I know because when I drink coffee in the morning, I will usually have a bowel movement right after it. And that has happened a few times all ready. So I think a lot of calcium is probably causing that. I have no salt in my diet at all so I think you are right about that. I also was doing very high liquid diets and had no salt either and felt out of it a lot. Maybe that is it....

I will try out the turkey, chicken and fish options and see how it goes then. I will keep you guys posted.

Blossom said:
post 103444 I wouldn't have beef with O.J. regularly unless you're anemic. The vitamin c with increase the absorption of iron.

That is good to know. Maybe that is why it was causing a problem for me.. maybe it wouldn' be as bad as with another carb. I had coffee with it too if that made any difference......

OP
mayweatherking
mayweatherking said:
post 103456
Sea said:
post 103440
mayweatherking said:
post 103434
Sea said:

The headache thing.. I think it is a mechanism of male pattern baldness. I don't get a headache, I literally feel my skull expanding at the sides. I'm pretty sure it is what happens with MPB, but people don't understand it 100% yet. I think I just have it more extreme right now because of super low test among other things...

Okay thanks that's really helpful. You know what, I do actually some form of constipation. I know because when I drink coffee in the morning, I will usually have a bowel movement right after it. Maybe it's the magnesium causing the calcium to work right or whatever. And that has happened a few times all ready. So I think a lot of calcium is probably causing that. I have no salt in my diet at all so I think you are right about that. I also was doing very high liquid diets and had no salt either and felt out of it a lot. Maybe that is it....

I will try out the turkey, chicken and fish options and see how it goes then. I will keep you guys posted.

Blossom said:
post 103444 I wouldn't have beef with O.J. regularly unless you're anemic. The vitamin c with increase the absorption of iron.

That is good to know. Maybe that is why it was causing a problem for me.. maybe it wouldn' be as bad as with another carb. I had coffee with it too if that made any difference......

OP
mayweatherking
Sea said:
post 103440
mayweatherking said:
post 103434
Sea said:

Okay thanks that's really helpful. You know what, I do actually some form of constipation. I know because when I drink coffee in the morning, I will usually have a bowel movement right after it. Maybe it's the magnesium causing the calcium to work right or whatever. And that has happened a few times all ready. So I think a lot of calcium is probably causing that. I have no salt in my diet at all so I think you are right about that. I also was doing very high liquid diets and had no salt either and felt out of it a lot. Maybe that is it....

Blossom said:

OP
mayweatherking
Sea said:
post 103440
mayweatherking said:
post 103434
Sea said:

So I think overall your salt thing worked like a charm. The head swelling went down a lot and my teeth aren't aching really either when I take calcium and magnesium. Yesssss. However, one thing did happen that is different. When I'm drinking OJ now.. it's almost as if I can't taste the sugar in it as well. And now I am craving lots of OJ. Like I keep craving more sugar. Any relation to more salt addition?

I never drank OJ like this before in my life. I drank an entire cup of OJ like it was nothing in about 30 seconds. I don't even feel full from it at all. Usually my hair gets a little itchy after drinking OJ, but not now. I just feel like really, really thirsty and craving sugar. But it feels like the craving never gets satisfied. I just drank two back to back 15oz glasses of it along with liver and coffee. I'm going to grab another glass. Maybe it means my thyroid is starting to work now that I added the OJ or something. My pulse is 96BPM right now. Damn. Usually it is 85ish.

OP
mayweatherking
All right hey everyone. I just got new blood work back. First of all... something you all are telling me is working, I can tell you that. You can see my historical results here too. Soo cool to see something happening. Everytime I take calcium though.. my teeth start aching I've noticed. I think it's because my vitamin D is way too high. Maybe that is the main problem there....

Click the pic to make it big to see....

9SuTuF9.png

(thank you magnesium and calcium and salt and light!!!!!)

M8SCyVp.png

tHo2Jpt.png

g3XUFRK.png

Any thoughts on this? It seems like jsut the vitamin D is really really ridiuclous on here. I am stopping D, I actually stopped taking it like 3 days ago. I was only doing 4kIUs a day.. I didn't realize it was so much.

tara

Giraffe said:
post 103251 - Don't gulp your beverages down. Sip your milk and coffee really slow. Read/listen to Water Retention, 2011 KMDU.
This looks good to me.

Sea said:
post 103429 If something causes your head to hurt, then don't consume it anymore.
:yeahthat

Not sure that I should be throwing more ideas at you, but here's something you can check yourself if you want. (Sorry if you've already posted about this somewhere.)
Have you measured your UpH at all? Very easy test you can do at home, as often as you like.
Ideal is ~6.3-6.7 according to Peat.
If you are averaging above 7, I'd say back down on calcium carbonate and vit-D (good that you've stopped it now). (This is more from Reams than Peat.) You've taken some high dose calcium carbonate, and I would expect this to raise pH. If you are a long way above 7, it's possible that could have something to do with your head symptoms. Did you read about milk-alkali syndrome?

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 103977
Giraffe said:
post 103251 - Don't gulp your beverages down. Sip your milk and coffee really slow. Read/listen to Water Retention, 2011 KMDU.
This looks good to me.

Sea said:
post 103429 If something causes your head to hurt, then don't consume it anymore.
:yeahthat

Not sure that I should be throwing more ideas at you, but here's something you can check yourself if you want. (Sorry if you've already posted about this somewhere.)
Have you measured your UpH at all? Very easy test you can do at home, as often as you like.
Ideal is ~6.3-6.7 according to Peat.
If you are averaging above 7, I'd say back down on calcium carbonate and vit-D (good that you've stopped it now). (This is more from Reams than Peat.) You've taken some high dose calcium carbonate, and I would expect this to raise pH. If you are a long way above 7, it's possible that could have something to do with your head symptoms. Did you read about milk-alkali syndrome?

Hey tara.. I just read about it. No haven't tried that one yet I will buy some ph strips to find out. And yes I think you are right about milk alkali syndrome.. as u saw on my test it was too high before. Maybe the high vit d is causing it.

Yesterday I was having some sharp pains in my kidneys too.. just happened 3 or 4x and went away. I havent been drinking water... only abt a qt or qt and a half of oj a day. .. maybe I need more water... what do u think?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals