B2 Riboflavin powder and teeth?

Gustav3Y

I have been taking sporadically 200mg Riboflavin powder and what I have noticed it sensitizes teeth apparently.
Since it is a powder I always have some left on my tongue, in my mouth somewhere basically.

This is quite interesting I do not remember this happening at all when I took B2 in capsules, a couple of months ago when I did not have the powder in a bag.
I even coated my gums a couple of times with riboflavin powder 200mg and it was not pleasant later on, felt like everything got more sensitive and with slight aches, so something does not seem good here.

I wonder what could a possible reason why B2 powder on the gums in the mouth could make teeth ache or be more sensitive? If this would even be the actual cause.

NodeCerebri

I read that B2 uses magnesium. So your magnesium stores may be depleted. I got similar issues with high doses of B2. My tinnitus and teeth sensitivity is magnesium dependent, and they both get better when I aim for replenished magnesium stores in my body. Took some time to figure this out, though. And magnesium can be used up very quickly, especially when the body is under stress, is inflamed etc. Just my two cents, hope it helps you.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Interesting, I do supplement with magnesium almost daily and I would rather doubt my magnesium levels would be depleted.
Maybe I should up it a bit anyway.
Interestingly enough I read that B1 also uses magnesium.
Ironically when I had an infected premolar that was there infected for a a very long time, I realized taking Potassium bicarbonate powder would in very short time enhance the ache. I did that 3 times in very different days and the result was at that time the same. I wonder what that could have been then to cause in a matter of several minutes an aggravation. It was not a sensitivity in all teeth, just that clearly infected on one was getting more painful.

On the other hand I read recently a claim that B1 would be injected in the maxilla for teeth aches in the 1940s,
I wonder by what mechanism would that reduce the teeth aches? And if there is any document about it.

And could the B2 powder that would linger on my gums (when I occasionally take the B2) push away B1 from that area and would cause the issue?
I just cant remember this happening a long time ago when I took B2 in capsules for a week straight.

BearWithMe

Can confirm that.

Other B vitamins are doing that too, especially B12 and B3, and B1.

I'm using sublingual B-complex as well as individual B-vitamins. When I let the tablet dissolve under the tongue, I always get toothache, but when I immedialetty swallow it and drink plenty of water afterwards, I don't get a toothache.

I use Colgate pro-repair toothpaste (it contains Arginine) which de-sensitizes your teeth.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

So far I have used Sensodyne (repair & protect) with Novamin, but not daily.
I may try Colgate with arginine, I wanted to try it anyway.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Can confirm that.

Other B vitamins are doing that too, especially B12 and B3, and B1.

I'm using sublingual B-complex as well as individual B-vitamins. When I let the tablet dissolve under the tongue, I always get toothache, but when I immedialetty swallow it and drink plenty of water afterwards, I don't get a toothache.
Very interesting.
Do you also supplement with magnesium / think you have enough magnesium in your diet?

OP
G

Gustav3Y

So that is around 600mg of the compounded magnesium oxide which is around 360mg of elemental magnesium?
Or 600mg is the actual elemental magnesium from grams of compounded magnesium?

BearWithMe

So that is around 600mg of the compounded magnesium oxide which is around 360mg of elemental magnesium?
Or 600mg is the actual elemental magnesium from grams of compounded magnesium?
Is that question for me? If yes, 600mg is my total intake which includes 450mg of elemental Mg from diet and 150mg of elemental Mg from 600mg of magnesium chloride.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Actually the question was for both.
I see, that 600mg is the actual total elemental magnesium for you.

@Gustav3Y Yeah, it's about 600mg elemental Magnesium, if I have a cardio/exercise day I increase it 800mg
Have a Merry Christmas :):

NodeCerebri

Interesting, I do supplement with magnesium almost daily and I would rather doubt my magnesium levels would be depleted.
Maybe I should up it a bit anyway.
Interestingly enough I read that B1 also uses magnesium.
Ironically when I had an infected premolar that was there infected for a a very long time, I realized taking Potassium bicarbonate powder would in very short time enhance the ache. I did that 3 times in very different days and the result was at that time the same. I wonder what that could have been then to cause in a matter of several minutes an aggravation. It was not a sensitivity in all teeth, just that clearly infected on one was getting more painful.

On the other hand I read recently a claim that B1 would be injected in the maxilla for teeth aches in the 1940s,
I wonder by what mechanism would that reduce the teeth aches? And if there is any document about it.

And could the B2 powder that would linger on my gums (when I occasionally take the B2) push away B1 from that area and would cause the issue?
I just cant remember this happening a long time ago when I took B2 in capsules for a week straight.
As far as I could read, you take 600 mg. AFAIK this is only the maintenance daily dose. So if you’re supplementing with other stuff, it could be better to up the dose.
But from your further explanation, I think now I got your issue right.
Maybe looking into the type of infection and its mechanisms on a biochemical level could bring you a step further. Unfortunately I don’t know that much about tooth infections. Could maybe also have something to do with proper calcium metabolism or something with CO2.

Where did you read that B1 and B2 are antagonistic? I couldn’t find any source. I don’t think that one could deplete another in this case.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

I do not take 600mg of Magnesium, it is the other posters that have said is their dose.
My actual daily elemental magnesium is lower than that it would seem, something which I will have to adjust soon.

I am not saying B2 and B1 are antagonistic, I am asking if that could be something that could happen when the B2 powder would be lingering in the oral cavities on the gums for hours.
I mean pure B2 powder on a small tissue like the gums might be too much B2 in one single area and impede other vitamins in the area, like the B1?
Then I am not talking about taking B2 pill, I even mention with the pills I did not get this effect, so this is not really something new I am saying here.
Might want to go over the text again.

I am saying all teeth get sensitive to temperature as an example, or slightly ache once the B2 powder lingers on the gums.
Why are you mentioning about an infection, are you suggesting all teeth get infected and that is what I am felling from the B2? Not quite sure what you are trying to say.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals