Is Gum Rewgrowth Possible?

animalcule

Like the title said, I'm curious if anyone has any info on if gum regrowth is possible.

Due to clenching my teeth, I am experiencing gum recession. My dentist and online research both tell me: No. Gum regrowth does not occur. Only a gum graft surgery can add more gum.

Given that this forum goes beyond the mainstream, I'm open to any info or anecdotes regarding gum regrowth. Assuming I stop clenching, are there are techniques, foods, or supplements that can aid in gum regrowth? It seems odd to me that given how important our gums are in keeping our teeth healthy (and how important our teeth are in keeping us alive and nourished) that gums would be incapable of regeneration after damage. Our teeth can heal small cavities -- why is it that our gums cannot regrow?

Any info would be appreciated.

yourke

yes, i had complete regrowth after taking antibiotics, hurts like hell, after the antibiotics, the gums decreased a little bit, but was better than what it was.

Ash

Curious, what do you mean you had "complete regrowth" ... "the gums decreased a little bit, but was better than what it was."?

yourke

i had receding gums that fully regrown, after the antibiotics, they receded a little bit, but never to the degree it was before antibiotics

Ash

i had receding gums that fully regrown, after the antibiotics, they receded a little bit, but never to the degree it was before antibiotics
Okay, I see. Interesting. I had gum recession that fully stabilized but I am not sure why exactly but I suspect D3 + K. I have heard Ubiquinol is helpful as well.

OP
A

animalcule

Okay, I see. Interesting. I had gum recession that fully stabilized but I am not sure why exactly but I suspect D3 + K. I have heard Ubiquinol is helpful as well.
Stabilized, like stopped receding more? Did you experience any regrowth, or did it just stop getting worse?

Ben.

According to "current" medicine you apparantly cant regrow hair, can't regrow eye nerve cells, you can't regrow gum at/near your teeth etc. etc. as you've pointed out.

I think optimisng your overall health/gut health is the best bet, same with many "irreversible diseases" or hair loss or w/e. The issue with that is that there is no one size fits all approach sadly. I assume w/e dietary/supplemental intervention that helps with the oral mucosa could be worth a try. Apparantly gum receding is due to bacteria? I dont think the issue is some mean guys eating away your gum but the question is why is the oral flora/immune system so messed up that now stuff like that suddenly has room to do this ***t? Or is it just a acute infection? Perhaps you've burnt or cut your gum somewhere?

I went to 2 dentists with my receding gums and there was like no reaction. They only said "awhh well your getting older too" ... wtf im 25/26 ...
or another response was "teeth still have enough gum so dont worry" ... yeah but what if they, in a couple of months/years, don't? After all things usually don't get better with age.

There is alot of interesting work in science tho. There is already limb regrowing studys succesfully done in animals. Without any gen manipulation. This would translate into being able to regrow any tissue/organ eventually. There has also been reports on eye nerve cells regrowing, attaching to the cns and "curing" certain forms of blindnesses.

Is there specific food that does not agrree with you/change the way you feel in your mouth or teeth? Perhaps unpleasant feeling after wheat or chocolate? Perhaps avoid this for the time being or atleast wash/rinse your mouth or so afterwards with water.

freyasam

I don't understand. Did the antibiotics cause your gums to regrow or recede? Did the antibiotics make your gums worse or better?

Jib

I wish there was. It's possible there is a way, but I'm not aware of it.

I had a gum graft done on a couple teeth. Probably 6 others (at least) could use it. The recovery is a real pain, but because of the inconvenience, not physical pain. I was given pain medication but only ended up taking 1 pill on the first day. Having to have that putty in my mouth for 1-2 weeks and then having to avoid brushing and only have soft foods for a long time was kind of annoying. However on a Peat style diet as we know, that shouldn't really be an issue.

Just saying: if you do end up getting surgery, it isn't that bad. I'm not keen on getting it done again just because the recovery takes so long, but it is nice to have your gums repaired. The area on the roof of my mouth that they cut tissue out of has fully healed. Recovery does take, I'd say, about a year for everything to be fully patched up and healed 100%. It was annoying, but I'm glad I had it done.

Still looking for ways to improve gum health. But will give reassurance that gum graft surgery is not anywhere near the nightmare people make it out to be, in case you've heard that somewhere else. If it comes down to that, you have no reason to worry about it.

Ash

Stabilized, like stopped receding more? Did you experience any regrowth, or did it just stop getting worse?
As far as I can tell there has been no regrowth. The recession simply stopped and has remained stable for years. Have just now started the Ubinquinol so have nothing to report.

yourke

I don't understand. Did the antibiotics cause your gums to regrow or recede? Did the antibiotics make your gums worse or better?
the antibiotics caused total regrowth (and realignment of my teeth), after the antibiotics my gums receded a little bit, but never as much as before the antibiotics. hope this helps.

rr1

the antibiotics caused total regrowth (and realignment of my teeth), after the antibiotics my gums receded a little bit, but never as much as before the antibiotics. hope this helps.
Which antibiotics did you use and what dosage?

yourke

I had strep, doctor gave me penicillin, dont remember the dose, it was the first time in my life i had antibiotics, in my mid 30ties

hgun48

Not advice and don't know if would work for others but I have found rubbing defibron, allopregnenalone and mitolipin all helped regrow gums.

BrianF

Not advice and don't know if would work for others but I have found rubbing defibron, allopregnenalone and mitolipin all helped regrow gums.
Interesting. Have you any idea why these would work.

I can understand the mitolipin as it might boost the metabolism of the cells locally but the others?

I think gums follow the top layer of bone. I had complete regrowth of that. So my gums became good and I no longer have pockets more than 4mm and only one of those. I still have some recession on the lingual side, in the front lower arch…but I suppose that isn’t easily avoided. When I get a dental cleaning I put a little Progest-E on it and it doesnt’ hurt at all.

hgun48

Interesting. Have you any idea why these would work.

I can understand the mitolipin as it might boost the metabolism of the cells locally but the others?
I think enhancing function of that tissue helps in heal and regrow if that's what it needs to do. Seems like there are so many things that help regrow gum tissue in my experience but seems like defibron works best especially the more I rub it on that gum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals