Anything That Increase Thyroid Cause Rapid Tooth Decay

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Echoing LucyL’s previous question: Are these teeth you have had previous work on?
Ah have missed that, I have no fillings at the moment and I never had any amalgam filling.

This partucular tooth was healthy to up to this point, as far as I know. No issues.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I was asking because I recall others on here mentioning teeth sensitivity/decay that coincided with the foods that you mentioned here...
At the time my dental issues started I was eating no acidic fruit. I have also tried avoiding these for like 6 months and I would say my dental health was even worse. I don't think acid is the cause in my case.

Last edited:

Tarmander

How much meat are you eating?

Peat has this principle that strong thyroid improves structure. He references a study on rabbits where they overdosed them on thyroid, they starve to death as their metabolism eats themselves, and at dissection their bones are thick as rocks.

The idea is that thyroid is this bone and tissue strengthener.

I believe this forum and all the experimentation that goes on here has shown this principle to be false.

If you are living under this idea that if you just push your metabolism more, you will become stronger, you should reevaluate.

gaze

I think your too low fat and too high protein and it’s creating a stressed metabolism. Try eating a little more butter and a little less protein. This is just my opinion of course looking at Cronometer, but youve probably expierimented before with macros

gaze

Also what exactly are your protein sources? Are you using protein powders? It’s strange your amino acids like tryptophan are so high. It seems like your using a powder, and if so those powders often have added phosphate that’s not listed on the ingredients as a stabilizer and anti microbial, which could be harming your teeth big time. Your tryptophan is about 6 times too high.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I think your too low fat and too high protein and it’s creating a stressed metabolism. Try eating a little more butter and a little less protein. This is just my opinion of course looking at Cronometer, but youve probably expierimented before with macros
Also what exactly are your protein sources? Are you using protein powders? It’s strange your amino acids like tryptophan are so high. It seems like your using a powder, and if so those powders often have added phosphate that’s not listed on the ingredients as a stabilizer and anti microbial, which could be harming your teeth big time. Your tryptophan is about 6 times too high.
I agree 100% with both of your posts, but this is where my digestive issues are really messing me up.

Dietary fat is giving me strong nausea. I have tried many forms of fat but it was just unbearable, so I gave up.

The same with the protein. I'm trying to get as much as I can from milk and meat, but the bulk is just too much, so I need to supplement some protein powder to get enough calories.

At least I make sure my protein powder is high quality, organic, from pastured cows, as unprocessed as possible and with nothing added.

baccheion

32r09gG.png

Vitamins A and E are low on purpose because they are causing tooth decay
How much do you weigh? Body fat percentage? Why so much protein?

See PRAL score (should be negative): Customized (actual serving) PRAL Calculator

Add more magnesium. Should be at least half as much as calcium. 1 : 1 : 1 calcium:phosphorus:magnesium is even better.

At least 2x as much potassium compared to sodium, unless taking in more than a gallon of liquids (then it approaches 1:1) or exerting/sweating a lot.

At least 2x as many carbs compared to protein may be better.

Unless getting all the fat in 1 or 2 meals, fat-soluble vitamins won't be absorbing well.

Last edited:

blob69

What kind of thyroid gave you this trouble? I ask because I got tooth decay on high amounts of NDT, and I didn't have any tooth decay for a decade before that. But I'm still not sure if it was high metabolism that caused it combined with not enough nutrients, or adrenaline (mine is quite high, thyroid makes it worse), or T4 build up which did happen according to labs with a high dose I was taking at that time.

But thinking back, when I took high amounts of T3/NDT many years ago, I didn't have any dental trouble. It's strange, I still can't figure it out. Now I'm taking a lower dose and teeth feel OK most of the time.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

What kind of thyroid gave you this trouble? I ask because I got tooth decay on high amounts of NDT, and I didn't have any tooth decay for a decade before that. But I'm still not sure if it was high metabolism that caused it combined with not enough nutrients, or adrenaline (mine is quite high, thyroid makes it worse), or T4 build up which did happen according to labs with a high dose I was taking at that time.

But thinking back, when I took high amounts of T3/NDT many years ago, I didn't have any dental trouble. It's strange, I still can't figure it out. Now I'm taking a lower dose and teeth feel OK most of the time.
For me it was very similar. No dental problems ever, not a single cavity in 27 years. Then I took NDT and lost 6 teeth in one year, and 3 others will probably go soon.

rei

Thyroid will build enamel and fight tooth decay. Choose another path of research.

And i'm not talking about supplementing. I'm talking about the effect of thyroid when the body decides to produce it. If you think you are more clever than your body you need to make sure you really know, supplement all the necessary nutrients to make it possible in addition to the supplement of thyroid.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Thyroid will build enamel and fight tooth decay. Choose another path of research.
If you search this forum, you will find many, many users who have the same experience with thyroid (including Charlie).

This is not a coincidence.

rei

If you search this forum, you will find many, many users who have the same experience with thyroid (including Charlie).

This is not a coincidence.
If you think you are more clever than your body you need to make sure you really know, supplement all the necessary nutrients to make it possible in addition to the supplement of thyroid.

Note: sugar is not a nutrient, it is empty calories. You need nutrients.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

And i'm not talking about supplementing. I'm talking about the effect of thyroid when the body decides to produce it. If you think you are more clever than your body you need to make sure you really know, supplement all the necessary nutrients to make it possible in addition to the supplement of thyroid.
Note: sugar is not a nutrient, it is empty calories. You need nutrients.

Which nutrients are necessary to make it possible?

blob69

For me it was very similar. No dental problems ever, not a single cavity in 27 years. Then I took NDT and lost 6 teeth in one year, and 3 others will probably go soon.

Wow, that sounds rough. I didn't have it quite that bad, but it still wasn't pleasant. I don't know but I'm guessing it was a very high T4/T3 ratio when I took too much NDT - it was then that tooth problems started, plus some other issues. I suggest that you regularly measure free T3 and free T4 in your blood when taking thyroid, and if ratio becomes imbalanced in favor of T4, reduce dosage or add T3. When I had tooth decay, free T4 accumulated way above the upper lab range, while now when I take less (+ some T3) it is very low. This is the trick that seems to work for me now. I definitely feel better with thyroid (chronic pain goes away, I lose weight, cholesterol goes down etc.) so I really hope I can take it without additional tooth problems.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Wow, that sounds rough. I didn't have it quite that bad, but it still wasn't pleasant. I don't know but I'm guessing it was a very high T4/T3 ratio when I took too much NDT - it was then that tooth problems started, plus some other issues. I suggest that you regularly measure free T3 and free T4 in your blood when taking thyroid, and if ratio becomes imbalanced in favor of T4, reduce dosage or add T3. When I had tooth decay, free T4 accumulated way above the upper lab range, while now when I take less (+ some T3) it is very low. This is the trick that seems to work for me now. I definitely feel better with thyroid (chronic pain goes away, I lose weight, cholesterol goes down etc.) so I really hope I can take it without additional tooth problems.
I'm very happy you got your teeth problems under control. Wish you the best of luck and no further dental issues!

I'm really curious, have you ever tested your parathyroid hormone?

redsun

Which nutrients are necessary to make it possible?
Everything is involved really. You need to find your weakest link. Your protein intake is insane but somehow your niacin, zinc and selenium intake are barely adequate. This is all a consequence of so much dairy and so little meat which has much more of those nutrients.

Zinc requirements increase with increased protein intake so getting a lot of protein from low zinc foods is not good. Niacin is so heavily involved in metabolism and strong thyroid, though you consume a lot of tryptophan so you make plenty but can never be sure and the tryptophan can cancel all of that out.

The fact that you consume many grams of tryptophan daily alone can be causing you many problems ignoring the massive protein intake in general (which is bad on its own, and the carb protein ratio can also cause thyroid problems).

Probably because taking thyroid from the outside depletes minerals and causes other problems when its not made internally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals