Anything That Increase Thyroid Cause Rapid Tooth Decay

BearWithMe

On sunday, I took some iodine, as a mouthwash (to fight tooth decay, ironically).

Yesterday, some of my teeth started to hurt and my breath started to smell, although I'm brushing my teeth and using Closys/Listerine/Xylitol mouthwash at least three times a day.

Today, one of my teeth crumbled. I haven't had any issues with that tooth before, the debris looked healthy, white, it just crumbled for no apparent reason.

At the same time, my hearing also got much worse.

I have reacted in a very similar way to many substances and supplements before (even to red light or weightlifting) and I think the only common denominator is that all of these supplements directly or indirectly stimulate thyroid.

I think I'm either:
-Catastrophically deficient in calcium and phosphorus, or some other nutrient. The metabolic boost of increased thyroid exacerbate that deficiency
-Or the increased thyroid also shoots up my PTH
-Or I have some hidden infection that acts up when the body tries to heal it

Are there any other possibilities?

How to stop that reaction?

Last edited:

BrianF

Have you been using Thyroid recently? Because if you are suggesting that the Iodine (which can boost thyroid) has had such an effect over such a short period of time, then I'd be inclined to think that that is wrong. I can't imagine a tooth could decay in such a short time.

Jam

On sunday, I took some iodine, as a mouthwash (to fight tooth decay, ironically).

Yesterday, some of my teeth started to hurt and my breath started to smell, although I'm brushing my teeth and using Closys/Listerine mouthwash at least three times a day.

Today, one of my teeth crumbled. I haven't had any issues with that tooth before, the debris looked healthy, white, it just crumbled for no apparent reason.

What form of iodine did you use for the mouthwash, do you have fillings, and did you gargle/rinse for an extended period of time? So, for example, if the "iodine" you used contains elemental iodine (such as Lugol's), and you have mercury fillings, the elemental iodine may have reacted with the fillings, and if they contain mercury, you may have generated some Mercury(I) iodide (Protiodide): "Taken orally, and in low doses, protiodide causes excessive salivation, fetid breath, spongy and bleeding gums and sore teeth."

BearWithMe

Have you been using Thyroid recently? Because if you are suggesting that the Iodine (which can boost thyroid) has had such an effect over such a short period of time, then I'd be inclined to think that that is wrong. I can't imagine a tooth could decay in such a short time.
My struggles with tooth decay started two years ago, when I first started supplementing NDT. I have verified this many, many times since then - increased thyroid -> crumbling teeth within days

BearWithMe

CRON-o-meter?

Vitamins A and E are low on purpose because they are causing tooth decay

jamies33

How do you know the things that increase thyroid, are increasing your thyroid? Maybe theyre increasing demands which you cannot meet, increasing adrenaline.

Taking thyroid without appropriate nutritional support will increase stress, too

BearWithMe

How do you know the things that increase thyroid, are increasing your thyroid? Maybe theyre increasing demands which you cannot meet, increasing adrenaline
Yes, that's what I had in mind in the part about deficiencies and increased metabolic needs.

Could adrenaline cause such a rapid tooth decay?

jamies33

Yes, that's what I had in mind in the part about deficiencies and increased metabolic needs.

Could adrenaline cause such a rapid tooth decay?
In my opinion adrenaline is the most important stress factor contributing to tooth decay, along with local bacteria and dietary acids.

Thyroid is a builder, stress is a destroyer

BearWithMe

In my opinion adrenaline is the most important stress factor contributing to tooth decay, along with local bacteria and dietary acids
That's interesting, because every time I lost any tooth I was also going through some psychological stress

LucyL

Are these teeth you have had previous work on? Have you tried Dr. Ellie's protocol for teeth? The ebook is free, and the system is simple. It is the best, most effective thing I've ever found.

BearWithMe

Are these teeth you have had previous work on? Have you tried Dr. Ellie's protocol for teeth? The ebook is free, and the system is simple. It is the best, most effective thing I've ever found.
I'm following her protocol for over a year, sadly it did very little (if anything) for my dental health so far.

Neither did my Peaty spin on Weston Price / Ramiel Nagel protocol.

jamies33

How tall are you? 2600 calories is not very much.

Diokine

I would point you in the direction of NMDA activity, trigeminal hyperactivation/irritation, and the impact of tyrosine kinase and tyrosine phosphorylation and insulin on glutamatergic/adrenergic fluency.

BearWithMe

How tall are you? 2600 calories is not very much.
Yes, it is proably not enough. I'm almost 6 meters / 6,5 foot. I'm somewhat limited by my poor digestion, but I'm working on that and trying to eat more

jamies33

Yes, it is proably not enough. I'm almost 6 meters / 6,5 foot. I'm somewhat limited by my poor digestion, but I'm working on that and trying to eat more
I think you know what you must do. Goodluck.

LucyL

I'm following her protocol for over a year, sadly it did very little (if anything) for my dental health so far.

Neither did my Peaty spin on Weston Price / Ramiel Nagel protocol.

That's unfortunate - have your read Judene Benoit? She has a good book "How to Stop Cavaties".

BearWithMe

I would point you in the direction of NMDA activity, trigeminal hyperactivation/irritation, and the impact of tyrosine kinase and tyrosine phosphorylation and insulin on glutamatergic/adrenergic fluency.
Ah, love your posts Diokine, thanks for chiming in! Any specific steps you would recommend me to take?

I think you know what you must do. Goodluck.
Thank you!

Tenacity

In my opinion adrenaline is the most important stress factor contributing to tooth decay, along with local bacteria and dietary acids.

Thyroid is a builder, stress is a destroyer

Can confirm. Had really good dental health up until I developed hyperPOTS and dysautonomia. Massive adrenaline spikes, constantly to begin with. My teeth have really deteriorated since.

BearWithMe

That's unfortunate - have your read Judene Benoit? She has a good book "How to Stop Cavaties".
No, I have not! This book actually looks amazing, just from reading the synopsis, it is very in line with my research and experiences, I need to read this asap. Thank you Lucy!