Everything that should improve thyroid makes me more hypothyroid

BearWithMe

I think I have tried almost every thyroid protocol and product there is. Iodine + Selenium + B3 + Vitamin C, NDT, synthetic T3/T4, caffeine, aspirin, red light, salt... the result is always the same - it makes my hypothyroidism worse.

Even things that stimulate thyroid indirectly - like testosterone replacement, DHEA or vitamin K2 - do that.

I believe this is why I lost my teeth when supplementing T3/T4.

Am I deficient in some nutrient, and stimulating thyroid deplete it even more, which in turn makes me more hypothyroid?

Is this a pituitary / hypothalamus problem? Or problem with adrenal glands?

How to get out of this trap?

Razvan

This problem there is when you are so much hypothyroid that firstly when you use something which should help it will unmask your low thyroid even more by stopping the stress hormones. The key to resolve this is eating more and persisting with thyroid until you will see some improvements and then upping the dosages.

Mauritio

Gut problems? Low glycogen stores ?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

This problem there is when you are so much hypothyroid that firstly when you use something which should help it will unmask your low thyroid even more by stopping the stress hormones. The key to resolve this is eating more and persisting with thyroid until you will see some improvements and then upping the dosages.
My lab results showed that my thyroid hormones actually dropped on thyroid supplement and raised again (a little bit) when I stopped the supplementation

Last edited:
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Gut problems? Low glycogen stores ?
Both, definitely.

I'm working on the gut problems.

Not sure what to do about the glycogen stores. I'm eating up to 500g of sugar a day, I'm eating very often (like every hour), I'm taking things that should improve glycogen stores (taurine, famotidine, thiamine, niacinamide...), I'm doing all that for 2 years straight and I see no signs of improvement.

Razvan

I think maybe you have too low cortisol and everything you are taking is getting your cortisol even lower ,have you tried progesterone or pregnenolone?

Jerkboy

Both, definitely.

Not sure what to do about the glycogen stores. I'm eating up to 500g of sugar a day, I'm eating very often (like every hour), I'm taking things that should improve glycogen stores (taurine, famotidine, thiamine, niacinamide...), I'm doing all that for 2 years straight and I see no signs of improvement.

That is a crazy high amount of sugar. If you are active, maybe you can eat that much. If not, I would lower the amount.

Mauritio

Both, definitely.

Then you have something that constantly lowers your glycogen stores . Stress hormones, which might stem from a gut problem.
I'm sitting in the same boat . It's really hard to get rid of that .
Did you try antibiotics , carrot salad , caprylic acid?

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Both, definitely.

The 500 grams of sugar, is that table sugar? How much thiamine are you taking?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I think maybe you have too low cortisol and everything you are taking is getting your cortisol even lower ,have you tried progesterone or pregnenolone?
Yes, both makes me hypothyroid. My prolactin is within normal range, on the lower side actually (139 mIU/L)

Last edited:
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

That is a crazy high amount of sugar. If you are active, maybe you can eat that much. If not, I would lower the amount.
The thing is... I'm still underweight. I'm getting 2500-3000 kcal a day and I just can't put on much weight.

Martin

I think I have tried almost every thyroid protocol and product there is. Iodine + Selenium + B3 + Vitamin C, NDT, synthetic T3/T4, caffeine, aspirin, red light, salt... the result is always the same - it makes my hypothyroidism worse.

Even things that stimulate thyroid indirectly - like testosterone replacement, DHEA or vitamin K2 - do that.

I believe this is why I lost my teeth when supplementing T3/T4.

Am I deficient in some nutrient, and stimulating thyroid deplete it even more, which in turn makes me more hypothyroid?

Is this a pituitary / hypothalamus problem? Or problem with adrenal glands?

How to get out of this trap?
I've been in the same boat for 2 years :( I've tried everything

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Oh.. so maybe I think you have a gut/gallbladder issue maybe even liver
That's definitely possible, since I can't eat more than 10g of fat at once, otherwise I will spend the rest of my day with horrible stomach pain

Razvan

That's from
That's definitely possible, since I can't eat more than 10g of fat at once, otherwise I will spend the rest of my day with horrible stomach pain
That's from the gallbladder and liver
As I said try b1 300 mg every 4 hours with plenty of carb for a month than lower the dosage and add tudca with it which is amazing for liver gallbladder. Than when you can introduce more fat i will try to improve metabolism but for now you need to improve glucose storage and usage.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Then you have something that constantly lowers your glycogen stores . Stress hormones, which might stem from a girl problem.
Spot on.

I'm worrying and stressing about something all the time.

And the worst part is... my life is pretty great. I'm doing well financially, socially and romantically, but I'm constantly worried and stressed that something might happen and I might struggle financially, I might lose my friends/family, I might lose my health (or the rest of it that remained...)

Multiple times a day, something like that comes into my mind and the surge of stress hormones floats my body. I can physically feel it. It is like someone pointed a gun at my head. But nothing is really happening.

I just can't get rid of these thoughts, it is beyond my control.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals