HOT SHOWERS - CHLORINE/HALOGENS - HYPOTHYROID - TESTOSTERONE - IODINE - DANDRUFF - HALOGENODERMA

Via Ben Greenfield

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/biohacking-articles/how-to-biohack-your-testosterone/

Iodine

Iodine is an essential mineral, which means it must acquired via diet. Iodine is critical in your brain and central to the active thyroid hormones (T3 and T4). Severe deficiency in iodine can result in reduced cognition or cretinism. The thyroid gland absorbs iodine from the blood to make thyroid hormones. Approximately 15–20 mg of iodine is concentrated in thyroid tissue and hormones. Still, 70% of the body’s iodine is distributed in other tissues such as mammary glands, eyes, salivary glands and testicles.

Iodine is most abundant in seaweed and seaweed based products such as nori wraps. Daily intake of iodine should be at least 75–150 micrograms per day, and for adults, an upper intake level is 3000 micrograms.

Lack of iodine in the body (especially in the thyroid gland) can cause various health problems. The most common one is hypothyroidism. Men with primary hypothyroidism have subnormal responses to luteinizing hormone (and GnRH) and their free testosterone concentrations are also reduced.

It has been noticed in rats that by increasing iodine supplementation the mean weight of the testes also increased quite a bit. However, the epididymal sperm counts went down a bit.

One possible explanation for the higher occurrence of hypothyroidism and hypogonadism in men today when compared to say like 30 years ago, is an increase of environmental toxic halogens like fluorine, chlorine and bromine. When concentrated enough in the body, they will replace iodine’s locations inside the cells (especially in thyroid cells and Leydig’s cells).

So it is critical to have enough iodine in your system to also optimize testosterone production. Some people have even taken this further by painting their testicles with Lugol’s iodine (which is highly concentrated potassium iodine). Yes, you heard me right: you can put iodine on your testicles.

The iodine protocol that doubles your testosterone also includes adding supporting minerals such as selenium, magnesium, vitamin C, oral iodine, co-factors for ATP (B2 and B3 vitamins) and salt. The anecdote by hundreds of testimonials here is that many people did significantly elevate their testosterone production with possible straight stimulation of the Leydig cells by iodine, which would have then lead into removal of other halogens. The hypothesis for this therapy seems legit, but unfortunately there hasn’t been done any clinical nor animal studies.

A word of caution: Do not take excess iodine and do not over do this (it will cause pain in the scrotum area because of the sensitivity of the skin). This is a potentially dangerous biohack, so be careful. As a medical doctor, I wouldn’t recommend this to my patients right away

////

There's certainly a loopback mechanism in people that have hypothyroidism, they absolutely find comfort in hot showers or baths. Increasing exposure to chlorine, halogens and additional metals. Cold showers although promoting cortisol and adrenaline rushes, keeps shower times short. A sauna tent would be a far better choice for hypothyroidism and a simple method of losing weight same as ice pack vests. An entire life of these halogens stuck in the body. And here I have just discovered the term halogenoderma and advanced skin eruptions and notably this can happen from bromine, Pakistan has this problem it's apparently in the water, and also with brominated vegetable oils in sodas ( does anyone know Supreme Patty?). How much do these halogens have to do with the calcification of the scalp and effecting hair growth and structure? This has really put things into perspective. I've scrolled through Facebook recently and guys I've went to school with have receding hairlines at the age of 23!!! I'm not too sure exactly how a carbon shower filter would suffice and a whole water filtration system is certainly not a possibility. So I guess it has to be fast luke warm showers and more iodine supplementation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals