Thyroid and Progesterone make me look (and feel) a bit stoned

Pete Rey

I have tried Progestene, Cortinon, pure T3, and Ancestral Supplements Beef Thyroid (I know that's not well regarded here). Never tried a proper synthetic T4+T3 product.

But the smallest dose of any of these things, regardless of the time of day taken, makes me feel slightly groggy with slightly red, squinty eyes. Sleep is punctuated, waking 2-3 times per night, but also feels deep at the same time. I always eat carbs before bed to keep sugar up, usually milk.

I know progesterone raises T3 so I assume that's the culprit here? I know some say progesterone can cause some side effects while the body dumps estrogen, but I have taken it for a week straight with the same result.

Temps are usually 97.2-97.7F unless I just finished a workout, which is the only time I ever ring the bell at 98.5.

Pregnenolone + DHEA on the other hand feels great, doesn't have this effect, but also doesn't do anything for my temperature.

The progesterone certainly makes the equipment down there work well. Morning wood is so strong it's actually annoying if I'm not ready to get up yet.

I'm an experienced lifter in my late 30s with some excess body fat - not a twig. 5'11" 205 lbs. I was a keto/low-carber for a couple years about a decade ago. Crashed and burned obviously. Diet has been probably 75% Peaty since then without realizing, perhaps a bit higher in saturated fat, plus oatmeal and rice. I haven't been persuaded to give up starch completely yet with my activity level. Big fan of organ meats. I probably have a fair amount of excess PUFA stored up from cheat meals and such. I've also supplemented vitamin D & K2 for a long time, and this past year have been using Georgi's Estroban as well. I'm also quite sensitive to caffeine, and generally stick to green tea and avoid coffee.

Any ideas of what I can change to maybe tolerate increasing thyroid better?