Hypercoagulation And Infections?

jaakkima

It seems that theoretically many, or all, types of infections can cause hypercoagulation states.

I'm leaning toward the theory of infection to explain my extreme hypercoagulation. Every time I try going off warfarin, I more or less immediately get pulmonary embolisms. Several years of using metabolic tools has done zero to improve whatever it is - although some of them massively help me cope, feel better, function, mask horrible warfarin symptoms, etc. Especially pregnenolone. I've used all the typical recommendations in high and low doses - aspirin, Vit E, Vit K2, progesterone, thyroid, etc etc, and still clotted.

Are there any particular infections anyone thinks I should get tested for? (And where to find inexpensive testing?)

I've already tried a variety of antibiotics and antibacterial herbs, etc, as well as antifungal things (Nystatin, Flowers of sulfur, high dose niacinamide, herbs, etc). Some of the antibiotic things have helped somewhat, but nothing fundamental so far. I'm currently starting to experiment with erythromycin, which is different from other things I've tried, and massively increased pregnenolone. Too early to say much though.

A relevant few of my many many many symptoms include diverticulosis, smelly discharge from between genitals and legs, and even some smell where my nose meets my face, fairly bad gut health though it gets decent with pregnenolone, yellowish and fragile stool that is in many tiny pieces when I look in toilet, ugly red inflamed face (was good looking naturally, just the illness making it ugly), have lost literally half the hair on my head or more in last couple years, losing my teeth to insanely rampant decay. Many many other weird symptoms.

I've thought hidden cancer a lot but I would think the metabolic things would have changed my situation but none did even though they do help my metabolism. Also, it's too hard to say how much of this is being exacerbated or sustained by warfarin's horrible toxicity.

I'm determined to figure this out but my life is slipping away. I'm 33 and my life was shattered by this in mid-20s. I want to lead a normal life, have relationships, love, etc and none of that is even remotely possible anymore these recent years.

Last edited:

Taotatoes

Oh wow!! My heart goes out to you. Have you been fully screened for all genetic factors FVL/PT, colonoscopy to check for celiacs, IBD, etc? And until you figure it out is there a chance you could switch to another anticoagulant? I was on xeralto last year for my episode with VTE. It's sides were fairly manageble, minor digestive issues and hair loss. Super costly tho.

Diokine

I think you're probably right about a hidden infection, and I would suspect fungal. These unresolved issues have culminated in dysfunctional nerve signals which are not allowing your brain to properly orchestrate secretions and fluid movement, probably leading to several deficiencies. Regarding the clotting - have you ever had your homocysteine levels checked? I would suspect serious methylation issues. B12 and pyridoxine would probably be very beneficial, liver is probably the best source of water soluble B-vitamins but I also like nutritional yeast. The liver produces clotting factors and I think it's a good bet that yours is not working very well. See Amazoniac's thread on liver health and water soluble vitamins, it has some very good anecdotal information.

Focus on sleeping well, with pleasant dreams. Once that is the case, I think most things will be in order. Establishing proper rhythms with respect to feeding and activity will be important. As much sunlight as you can tolerate will be very beneficial. Get a foam roller and begin to work your thoracic vertebra, this will help restore nervous sensitivity to your guts and will help with nutrient absorption and tissue maintenance. If you have any issues with your neck, consider seeing a competent chiropractor to examine your cervical atlas. Restoring nervous sensitivity will be critical towards restoring good health. Yoga type practices, meditation, and integrated activities (gardening, etc.,) are also very useful and often fun.

OP
J

jaakkima

I think you're probably right about a hidden infection, and I would suspect fungal.

Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention other signs: foot/nail fungus, and stool tested high for candida species a while back.

These unresolved issues have culminated in dysfunctional nerve signals which are not allowing your brain to properly orchestrate secretions and fluid movement, probably leading to several deficiencies.

Can you share anything so I could understand what your reasoning is behind this?

Regarding the clotting - have you ever had your homocysteine levels checked?

They definitely checked it in the hospital though I never heard anything about it. I suppose I could try to track down the record.

I would suspect serious methylation issues. B12 and pyridoxine would probably be very beneficial, liver is probably the best source of water soluble B-vitamins but I also like nutritional yeast.

I don't understand methylation or it's relation to any of this. Can you explain any further? I have eaten liver weekly for years, and I more or less feel my body's cravings for it now. I didn't notice anything when I took pyridoxine in the past, a big dose here and there a few times.

The liver produces clotting factors and I think it's a good bet that yours is not working very well. See Amazoniac's thread on liver health and water soluble vitamins, it has some very good anecdotal information.

I haven't had any abnormal liver tests and I've always tolerated lots of coffee well... I don't understand the reasoning here... I've tried supplementing every vitamin except folate. The only thing I can think of in my diet that could be lacking is maybe chloride from salt as I've been using baking soda mostly... Though I am becoming curious that it might be causing a problem or irritating my gut.

As much sunlight as you can tolerate will be very beneficial.

I sunbathe a bit most days, as much as possible.

Get a foam roller and begin to work your thoracic vertebra, this will help restore nervous sensitivity to your guts and will help with nutrient absorption and tissue maintenance.

I'll check out trying that.

Restoring nervous sensitivity will be critical towards restoring good health. Yoga type practices, meditation, and integrated activities (gardening, etc.,) are also very useful and often fun.

Can you explain about nervous sensitivity and why it's suspect in my case? Maybe things would be more fun if I weren't dizzy, cognitively impaired, in discomfort probably from calcification and toxicity 24/7... I do like resting in the sun at least. But yeah maybe I'll try some yoga type things.

Something good is happening the last couple days, not sure if it's the increased pregnenolone (from 1g to 3-3.5g), erythromycin, or flowers of sulfur I'm trying again, or retrying Vit E topically (it always irritated my gut badly), but my face is lightening up a little bit, which has been one of the most intractable symptoms the last several years, and I'm getting up earlier, feeling better. Wondering how much sulfur is safe to try, how frequently.

Last edited:
OP
J

jaakkima

Oh wow!! My heart goes out to you. Have you been fully screened for all genetic factors FVL/PT, colonoscopy to check for celiacs, IBD, etc? And until you figure it out is there a chance you could switch to another anticoagulant? I was on xeralto last year for my episode with VTE. It's sides were fairly manageble, minor digestive issues and hair loss. Super costly tho.

Thank you. Yes, got those tests, except avoiding colonoscopies. I don't know if it would give me information that would be very helpful, vs the risks. Interesting about Xarelto, and I saw your input on the other thread. I'm still scared to try it but who knows, maybe not antagonizing Vitamin K is what I need?

OP
J

jaakkima

Sorry, should have said I've tried supplementing all vitamins except folate, B12, and, recent years at least, Vitamin C. But I eat liver.

Stopping baking soda today, replacing with ample salt. Feels better so far.

Taotatoes

Thank you. Yes, got those tests, except avoiding colonoscopies. I don't know if it would give me information that would be very helpful, vs the risks. Interesting about Xarelto, and I saw your input on the other thread. I'm still scared to try it but who knows, maybe not antagonizing Vitamin K is what I need?

Ugh. That sucks so bad! Honestly, if I were you, having no idea what was causing my hypercoagulation and needing to take a blood thinner on a long term basis I would definitely get off of warfarin if I could afford to do so. There's a few other options besides xeralto, but from my research they are all similar being that you cannot get fixed up via kidney dialysis if there is a horrific bleeding event. I eased my anxiety while taking it by wearing bright visible medic alert bracelets, high risk sports and kept my phone close at all times, but taking xeralto was still freeing for me as there's no way I'd hack regular blood testing and lots of my favourite foods are high in vit K. o_O Hugs. I got my fingers crossed for ye!

Diokine

Consider the actions of the various nerve signals in tissues - you will have signals that encourage condensation, excretion, and secretion. Take for instance adrenergic nerve signalling, which encourages a constriction of tissues and expelling of water and metabolic byproducts. In the same way your diaphragm controls in movement of air in and out of your lungs, the proper balance of nervous signals control the movement of juice in and out of your tissues.

So the proper balance of nervous tones is required for the assimilation and condensation of various higher order compounds, take for instance clotting factors. Let's consider a hypothyroid liver, which has very low sensitivity to adrenergic and cholinergic nerve signalling. Condensation of nutrients can occur, but there is an inability to squeeze or contract fully, leading to congestion. This congestion represents a reduction in capability.

When I say methylation, I most nearly mean catecholamine metabolism. Catecholamines are the fingers and hands of the sympathetic nervous system, and they encourage tissues to excrete juice and drive metabolism. Their production, modification, and degradation are highly dependent on local tissue health and stress levels. See this primer, it has some very good explanations

Catecholamine Metabolism: A Contemporary View with Implications for Physiology and Medicine

So in tissues that have been programmed for continued stress, ascorbate and B vitamin levels are low, and pathways are congested (i.e. methylation and deamination.) This causes rapid turnover of catecholamines, and also contributes to production of more-or-less toxic products like aldehydes and homocysteine. Thyroid, cortisol, estrogen, and vitamin D play critical roles in the timing and production of these systems. Clotting and viscosity of blood is fundamentally based on a difference of environment, for instance when you are wounded and bleeding, blood encounters an environment that is substantially different electrically. Stressed tissues can excrete compounds (?!) that change the local vascular environment, which encourages clotting.

In organisms with little coherence (due to reduced nerve signalling,) it is much easier for pathogenic species to find an environment that suits them. I think that "hypothyroidism" is essentially synonymous with "reduced nerve signalling," an inability of nervous tissues to respond to chemically mediated signals.

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OP
J

jaakkima

More strange things every day: I've been supplementing more Vit D than ever (10k topically), and sunbathing probably as much as I ever have in my life the past few months, and despite that, my Vit D dropped from 31 to 21 in those few months. Is it just "because I'm sick" or body is rejecting Vit D to protect me from more calcification? I feel positive effects from it though....

Edit: Hm.
Decreased need for warfarin after Vitamin D levels optimized – RCT May 2016 | Vitamin D Wiki
Maybe I'll retry it orally...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals