Thinking Out Loud: Vitamin A, GI Inflammation, Clotting

jaakkima

Some things I have noticed:

A fair number of times, large doses of supplemental Vitamin A has made me come alive, seeming to stop my intestinal inflammation, make me more lithe, hungry, etc.

A while back I started getting extremely disoriented, unable to remember things, dizzy,whole body numbness, etc. It seems to be tightly related to a sense of intestinal inflammation and dysfunction. I blamed warfarin, which I was on, and that probably was a big part of exacerbating it. But another effect was RADICALLY REDUCED NIGHT VISION, and visual field / proprioception in general. Since then Vitamin A has lifted some of these symptoms when used a few times, but I didn't stay on it, thinking that eating 8-12oz beef liver every week should be enough, looking at other things. But then I remembered another thing. I had stopped supplementing Nutrisorb Vitamin A a short time before my first pulmonary embolism! I thought about that a little bit and then forgot about it for a bit. Now I'm trying again to get off the warfarin, and it came back on my radar because those symptoms are proving resistant to fading, despite being off the warfarin for a number of days. Tried another big Vitamin A dose and again it lifted my consciousness out of that stupor more than other things. So I thought, maybe it has to do with having a crazy need for steroid hormones, which would explain why pregnenolone is usually the most helpful thing for me, bar none. But not other things like progesterone topically so much. I think it's because the internally used powder reaches my GI/intestine directly, where all the inflammation seems to be happening.

And then I just found this, from Peat's "The Bean Syndrome":
"In aging, stress, and malnutrition, the barrier function of the intestine is weakened. Vitamin A and magnesium deficiencies allow macromolecules to enter the blood from the intestine."

And he references this study: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00840325
And this looks like it may be a separate thing on the same topic, or might be the same study with a different title/abstract. I haven't yet looked at the full paper: [Effect of vitamin A deficiency on the macromolecular permeability of small intestine mucosa in the adult rat]. - PubMed - NCBI

My stool test a while back showed high zonulin, indicating leaky gut apparently. Also high IgA. Also some dysbiosis (candida sp., citrobacter freundii). I'm currently trying some things like S Boulardii, colostrum, lactoferrin, to address the pathogens and gut lining, etc. But I think Vitamin A and magnesium (also seems to be helping) will be important for me. I suppose inflammation and pathogenic microorganisms are putting pro-clotting chemicals into my bloodstream from the intestine. Are there other ways Vitamin A deficiency can contribute to clotting? Being anti-estrogen aside. And I'm wondering what might be causing my Vitamin A need to be so high, or inducing a deficiency. I definitely have a stressful past. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe I'm like Ray and need 100K a day and I stopped it too soon, over 2 years ago?

Any thoughts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals