Apparently Vitamin K Does NOT Stop Aspirins Blood Thinning

Hugh Johnson

As I understand it, Peat has suggested sth in the order of 200mg aspirin/day for general use (with vit K), and much more only for particular conditions.

I recall 500mg twice a day in one interview. Haidut has also posted about aspirin being protective against a lot of the bleeding it is blamed for.

Although, I wonder why we are even taking a MD opinion seriously.

Edit:
Aspirin actually lowers risk of bleeding in the brain

tara

I recall 500mg twice a day in one interview.
Do remember the context and whether it was for a particular condition, or temporary, or a general recommendation for everyone? I'm guessing the former.

Jan

There is no antidote for salicylate poisoning from aspirin...vitamin K does not help. It causes metabolic acidosis and the blood thinnning is just a side effect of prostaglandin inhibition. I have a genetic muation that causes poor clotting (Factor VII Leiden) and have to take vitamin K to keep from bleeding too much. But it does nothing to counter the effect of eating foods high in salicylates or taking aspirin.

tara

Sorry you to deal with this.

It causes metabolic acidosis
I think there's a good case for most people being cautious about large amounts of aspirin if their systems are running overly acidic (eg UpH<6).

A lot of us probably produce too much prostaglandins, so it makes sense for you to avoid it, but probably not most people.

Sucrates

Well aspirin is also calcifying seeing that a common effect is tinnitus, and a standard way to reverse it is supplementing K2 (I've been there before). Same for excessively thin blood and bruising - reverse by K2. So, I assumed that aspirin depleted K2 directly just like it has been shown for warfarin.

I have aspirin induced tinnitus at the moment, last dose 4 days ago. I was taking K1 and have been taking 5mg K2 mk4 for the last few days. Can anyone provide any information on reversing tinnitus with K2? I also have a couple of bruises only noticed since stopping aspirin.

jyb

I have aspirin induced tinnitus at the moment, last dose 4 days ago. I was taking K1 and have been taking 5mg K2 mk4 for the last few days. Can anyone provide any information on reversing tinnitus with K2? I also have a couple of bruises only noticed since stopping aspirin.

A few years ago Ray told me to take a few mg's K2 to reverse tinnitus (caused by aspirin). I don't think there's a special protocol other than doing that for a few days, but if you look online (including this forum) you can find draw links between aspirin, tinnitus, bruising, calcification and deplete K2.

Sucrates

A few years ago Ray told me to take a few mg's K2 to reverse tinnitus (caused by aspirin). I don't think there's a special protocol other than doing that for a few days, but if you look online (including this forum) you can find draw links between aspirin, tinnitus, bruising, calcification and deplete K2.
OK, thanks.

lvysaur

Also there is a peculiar sort of fake, rigidity of thought/perception that accompanies aspirin until I consume vit k that is somewhat intangible but after years of aspirin use I have become familiar with.

Could you expound on this?

sladerunner69

Could you expound on this?

I can try my doo-didilly-darndest.

The "rigidity of thought" I was expressing is something I associate with aromatase-inhibiting substances as well as coffee. Or it may have to do with very low cortisol. I am not positive which, but I believe that cortisol and estrogen should be low but not so low as to incur "symptoms" as Ray Peat puts it. Aching bones and joints, tiredness, lack of emotion, drive, ambition, these are the feelings I get when I used to take aspirin, vit E, vit k2, androsterone, pregnenelone, caffeine, red light, and follow a milk/gelatin/sugar rich, zero starch diet. I had trouble comprehending why I wasn't feeling well. However, when I finally had enough and stopped taking all of these things, and just drank a couple coffees and took a few drops of 5adhp I felt about 5 times happier, more relaxed and less stressed. I have seen others mention that too much estroban will compromise their emotional intelligence, while another has mentioned that caffeine seems to destroy his creativity. I tend to agree, while I have more motivation to write long essays while drinking coffee, if I have too much I find it very difficult to produce top quality work because I lose my ability at conjure up ideas and explore abstract thought.

Frankdee20

K1 works better for this purpose than any K2 variants

Frankdee20

K2 doesn't work ?

I won’t say that it doesn’t because I’ve seen contrary information on this forum.... However, K-1 has a primary function of regulating blood clotting mechanisms.... Even Warfarin works by antagonizing K1 in the body.... If you haven’t tried K-1 for this purpose, give it a shot ... 500 MCGs May work for this

Experienced

I won’t say that it doesn’t because I’ve seen contrary information on this forum.... However, K-1 has a primary function of regulating blood clotting mechanisms.... Even Warfarin works by antagonizing K1 in the body.... If you haven’t tried K-1 for this purpose, give it a shot ... 500 MCGs May work for this
I have a question about Rebound effect of aspirin.

How can we avoid this situation? For example using aspirin daily.

Frankdee20

I have a question about Rebound effect of aspirin.

How can we avoid this situation? For example using aspirin daily.

You can taper down ... how much do you use ? .... I used to take 2 tablets a day, but it causes so much acidity in the stomach ... Plus I drink coffee and alcohol as well ... I just don’t use it anymore

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals