Thorne K2 Worth Cost?

M

marikay

Hi all.

I need to start taking some kind of vitamin K as I have upped my aspirin dosage significantly and can see the evidence of thinning blood. Ray once said vitamin K1 was fine but finding that has become difficult and they are only offering it in mcg's when I need a milligram (so it gets expensive). So I am thinking of dropping the $64.00 on Amazon for the Thorne liquid k2.

Has anyone taken this supplement and does it work? I know it should last a long time, but still that's pretty pricey, especially since the aspirin itself is so cheap.

Thanks..

That's like five cents per milligram...

If you used the recommended intake for adults, the bottle would last you about 36 years.

OP
M

marikay

too bad they don't make a smaller, cheaper bottle :D

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
post 102685 If you used the recommended intake for adults, the bottle would last you about 36 years.

Except the expiry date is short, so the cost per year remains very high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at normal doses it should last a couple years, which I seriously doubt it cannot endure.

OP
M

marikay

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to go with Carlson's K2. It won't last as long, but I can afford it right away. And the 5mg serving will balance out the five aspirin a day I'm going to start taking. Don't have to worry about getting the right dosage.

Mittir

marikay said:
Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to go with Carlson's K2. It won't last as long, but I can afford it right away. And the 5mg serving will balance out the five aspirin a day I'm going to start taking. Don't have to worry about getting the right dosage.

Carlson K2 has silicon dioxide. The need for K2 varies from person to person. That 1 mg per 325 mg of aspirin
is not a hard number. You just have to experiment with K2 dose to figure out the right amount that does
balance out Aspirin effect on blood thinning. Based on all the good things K2 can do i think daily cost of
of 2-10 dollar is worth the benefits.

OP
M

marikay

symptoms of blood thinning are bleeding gums (sometimes) and losing more blood than I normally would when I scratch or cut my self shaving legs or a paper cut, etc...also starting to bruise easily...all these started when i upped my aspirin intake.sure wish i could find some inexpensive, safe way to get the k...didn't know about the silicon dioxide (yuck).

oh ok.. yeah it's expensive AF.. i don't know how they can charge so much. its like 60 dollars a bottle. the other day my bottle dipped over and like a portion spilled out.. i was like noooo.

It is more like $110 by the time it gets to Europe... also I find K1 works better to prevent wounds in the nose.

OP
M

marikay

What brand of K1 do you take Such_Saturation? I am now back on the fence about whether or not to buy the Thorne.

marikay said:
post 102722 What brand of K1 do you take Such_Saturation? I am now back on the fence about whether or not to buy the Thorne.

Life Extension

OP
M

marikay

MIttir wrote:
"Carlson K2 has silicon dioxide."

Is Life Extension OK? Or do you recommend the Thorne over all others. Thanks Mittir.

Mittir

RP has mentioned Thorne Research K2 drops in several places and a lot of people here use this product.
There is a good track record for this product. Research on decalcification mostly
used large dose of K2. I think he recommends K1 or K2 for aspirin use and large dose of K2 for cancer and
calcification of soft tissues.

This life extension product has both K1 and K2 and it costs about 12 cents per mg compared to 2 dollar
per mg for thorne. The additive list looks quite safe. I do not know much about carob color.
I think it is a good idea to try LE product first and if it does not work then you can try thorne.
http://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-s ... k2-complex

Mountain

Mittir said:
post 102807 This life extension product has both K1 and K2 and it costs about 12 cents per mg compared to 2 dollar
per mg for thorne.

Thorne has like 1200mg per bottle and costs about $60, though. Where are you getting that figure?

Mittir

Mountain said:
post 102816
Mittir said:
post 102807 This life extension product has both K1 and K2 and it costs about 12 cents per mg compared to 2 dollar
per mg for thorne.

Thorne has like 1200mg per bottle and costs about $60, though. Where are you getting that figure?

You are right, i mixed up mg with grams. There is 1200 mg in thorne and 180 mg in life extension.
Thorne is 5 cents per mg , not 2 dollar.Thank you for noticing the mistake.

Correction:
Life extension : 22 dollar 180 mg, cost per mg is 12 cents. Amazon selling for 18 dollar
Thorne : 60 dollar 1200 mg, cost per mg is 5 cents. Amazon selling for 65 dollar.

So, Thorne is cheaper than life extension.

SAFarmer

This is one of the cheapest and best sources I have found for Vit K2: https://relentlessimprovement.com/

Relentless Improvement brand pharmaceutical grade Menatetrenone Vitamin K2. Manufactured in USA, FDA registered, cGMP facilities.

New formulation: Contains NO Magnesium Stearate or Silicon Dioxide.

Back
Top Bottom