Thorne K2 Worth Cost?

J

jb116

SAFarmer said:
post 102820 This is one of the cheapest and best sources I have found for Vit K2: https://relentlessimprovement.com/

Relentless Improvement brand pharmaceutical grade Menatetrenone Vitamin K2. Manufactured in USA, FDA registered, cGMP facilities.

New formulation: Contains NO Magnesium Stearate or Silicon Dioxide.

thanks for the heads up, looks good!
I like how its capsule so you can divide the dosage still.

Last edited by a moderator:

SAFarmer

Mittir said:
post 102818
Mountain said:
post 102816
Mittir said:
post 102807 This life extension product has both K1 and K2 and it costs about 12 cents per mg compared to 2 dollar
per mg for thorne.

Thorne has like 1200mg per bottle and costs about $60, though. Where are you getting that figure?

You are right, i mixed up mg with grams. There is 1200 mg in thorne and 1800 mg in life extension.
Thorne is 5 cents per mg , not 2 dollar. I i also made mistake with LE cost, that should be
1.2 cents not 12 cents.Thank you for noticing the mistake.

Correction:
Life extension : 22 dollar 1800 mg, cost per mg is 1.2 cents. Amazon selling for 18 dollar
Thorne : 60 dollar 1200 g, cost per mg is 5 cents. Amazon selling for 65 dollar.
I think you might still be wrong.
The $18 LE Amazon price is for 198 mg of Vit K, and not all is Vit K2, which is 108 mg ( Note it's not mcg( micrograms) , but mg (milligrams ) )
So that would make it at best 9c per mg.

The Vitamin K2 Menatetrenone Mk-4 from Relentless Improvement costs $33 for 1350 mg of K2
Thats 2.44 c per mg ! I haven't seen anything cheaper yet.

From Life Extension: http://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-s ... k2-complex

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 softgel
Amount Per Serving

Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl palmitate) 10 mg

Vitamin K activity 2200 mcg

Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione) 1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4) 1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) 200 mcg
Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, gelatin, glycerin, beeswax, purified water, carob color.

Wilfrid

The LEF product is probably the best formulation regarding vitamin K activity.
This vitamin formulation has also the great advantage of mixing two potent transdermal enhancers in it ( ascorbyl palmitate and olive oil ).
Ray often recommends topical application for liposoluble vitamins ( or no more than once a week, unless very specific problem/disease, for product with macro-dosage if you decide to choose the oral route.)

Mountain

SAFarmer said:
post 102820 This is one of the cheapest and best sources I have found for Vit K2: https://relentlessimprovement.com/

Relentless Improvement brand pharmaceutical grade Menatetrenone Vitamin K2. Manufactured in USA, FDA registered, cGMP facilities.

Nice find. It's a shame that it's not sold in dropper form, though. I spread my K2 drops throughout the day for no real reason. Does anyone know whether it would be worse to take the equivalent of my daily amount (~9-15mg) in one serve?

J

jb116

Mountain said:
post 102890
SAFarmer said:

Nice find. It's a shame that it's not sold in dropper form, though. I spread my K2 drops throughout the day for no real reason. Does anyone know whether it would be worse to take the equivalent of my daily amount (~9-15mg) in one serve?

like I mentioned above, they're capsules so you can divide your dose if you wish.

Peata

marikay said:
post 102679 Hi all.

I need to start taking some kind of vitamin K as I have upped my aspirin dosage significantly and can see the evidence of thinning blood. Ray once said vitamin K1 was fine but finding that has become difficult and they are only offering it in mcg's when I need a milligram (so it gets expensive). So I am thinking of dropping the $64.00 on Amazon for the Thorne liquid k2.

Has anyone taken this supplement and does it work? I know it should last a long time, but still that's pretty pricey, especially since the aspirin itself is so cheap.

Thanks..

I still wonder about glycine instead of vit. K with aspirin? Because of some posts like this:

from thread called salicylate for alzheimers (Aspirin)

haidut: Some people on the forum reported better effects on blood coagulation with the LEF combo vitamin K. Probably because it contains K1 as well. If it works, it will be cheaper than a high dose of K2 even though the K2 itself is probably more beneficial for Alzheimers.

Such saturation: Perhaps aspirin + vitamin K would make a good specialty combo

haidut: Yes, and I would add methylene blue. Actually, I'd add methylene blue to anything:):
I think another good combo would be aspirin + glycine. It is sold as a drug in some European countries. Glycine would also control the bleeding issues caused by aspirin

Peata: What about this thread: Glycine Question where the talk was about glycine increasing bleeding? I'm just wanting to make sure not to combine multiple things that increase bleeding.

haidut: Well, that thread found evidence that glycine reduced bleeding by reducing prothrombin time.

If glycine would reduce bleeding from aspirin, it would certainly be cheaper than vit. K.

Milky

mayweatherking said:
post 102703 the other day my bottle dipped over and like a portion spilled out.. i was like noooo.

I took the plunge awhile back and forked over the cash for a bottle of the stuff. About 3 months in, it fell out of my medicine cabinet one day, hit the counter and onto the floor where it shattered.

I have had a few bottles of Estroban since, so I don't really have a need for K2 on its own.

Giraffe

Such_Saturation said:
post 102922
Giraffe said:
post 102743
Such_Saturation said:
post 102708 It is more like $110 by the time it gets to Europe...
https://www.centrosan-shop.com/vitamin- ... 30-ml.html

Free shipping? :ss
Within Germany shipping is EUR 4.94 if the order value is below EUR 100.- (above it is free).

The website says they ship to Germany only, but ask you to contact their customer service for shipping to other countries.

Tel.: +31-(0)43-352 31 60
Fax: +31-(0)43-352 31 69

Giraffe said:
post 102926
Such_Saturation said:
post 102922
Giraffe said:
post 102743
Such_Saturation said:
post 102708 It is more like $110 by the time it gets to Europe...
https://www.centrosan-shop.com/vitamin- ... 30-ml.html

Free shipping? :ss
Within Germany shipping is EUR 4.94 if the order value is below EUR 100.- (above it is free).

The website says they ship to Germany only, but ask you to contact their customer service for shipping to other countries.

Tel.: +31-(0)43-352 31 60
Fax: +31-(0)43-352 31 69

Thanks I will ask!

But can we trust powdered vitamin K?

onioneyedox

The label recommends consuming it with fat. I don't know how vit-k is produced but I would suspect that most every supplement manufacturer buys it in powder form and just dissolves it for convenient product. I'd guess most supplement brands don't manufacture the raw material themselves. Here is one supply quickly looked up from china:

Parsifal

Wilfrid said:
The LEF product is probably the best formulation regarding vitamin K activity.
This vitamin formulation has also the great advantage of mixing two potent transdermal enhancers in it ( ascorbyl palmitate and olive oil ).
Ray often recommends topical application for liposoluble vitamins ( or no more than once a week, unless very specific problem/disease, for product with macro-dosage if you decide to choose the oral route.)
Why topical over oral? I'm taking Haidut's Estroban and Thorne's K2 orally since 1 month?

TheHound

Relentless Improvement Vitamin k2

does anybody have any experience with this product? It comes in 15mg capsules. I was thinking oil might be better? the price is hard to resist though

BingDing

I have no experience with it. Assuming you mean Vitamin K2 MK4 Menatetrenone (link to product page), that is the same as Thorne's which is the best AFAIK.

The only other ingredients are MCC Cellulose, hypromellose (vegecapsule), I'm not sure about either of them but I'd prefer they weren't there.

It's good to find another source that at least thinks about excipients like silicone dioxide and Mg stearate, thanks for posting. I'll have to give their site some study.

Thorne's at around $64/bottle has 80 X 15mg doses, or 80 cents/dose. Yours is $32.95 for 90 X 15mg doses, or 37 cents/dose. A good deal if the excipients are not a problem.

TheHound

BingDing said:
post 105693 I have no experience with it. Assuming you mean Vitamin K2 MK4 Menatetrenone (link to product page), that is the same as Thorne's which is the best AFAIK.

The only other ingredients are MCC Cellulose, hypromellose (vegecapsule), I'm not sure about either of them but I'd prefer they weren't there.

It's good to find another source that at least thinks about excipients like silicone dioxide and Mg stearate, thanks for posting. I'll have to give their site some study.

Thorne's at around $64/bottle has 80 X 15mg doses, or 80 cents/dose. Yours is $32.95 for 90 X 15mg doses, or 37 cents/dose. A good deal if the excipients are not a problem.

I'm just wondering if the capsule version is as good as oil based k2

BingDing

Thanks, Blossom. I didn't see that thread. Would it be more confusing to merge this one with that one or have two different threads?

I did some research on MCC which is the same as MC, microcrystalline cellulose, also known as finely ground up tree stumps. There is the usual dichotomy of studies that show it perfuses from the gut into the blood stream and regulatory bodies that decide it's OK. I think RP's conservative approach is appropriate and I will minimize consumption of it.

I'm mostly interested in K for decalcification anyway so Thorne's is right for me. I have been putting 15 drops into a shot glass of coffee (creamy, of course) early in the day. Seems to be a good method.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom