Your Vitamin K2 Experience

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am doing the thorne and have almost went through an entire bottle in slightly over a months time. No results, no smooth teeth, no nothing that I can tell. Going to switch over to Life Extensions K-Complex and try that.

Brian

Charlie said:
I am doing the thorne and have almost went through an entire bottle in slightly over a months time. No results, no smooth teeth, no nothing that I can tell. Going to switch over to Life Extensions K-Complex and try that.

Charlie, do you know where your Vitamin D is at? I think I remember from a Chris Masterjohn presentation from youtube that K2 has limited effect if osteocalcin is not present in high enough quantities from adequate A and D levels.

Also another thing I've noticed is that the protein food film on teeth might interfere with the action of osteocalcin and K2. When I swish with baking soda for at least a few minutes a day my teeth have a clean smooth feeling, which I think Peat says is from the film being removed. I would think that this allows the K2 to work better by making more direct contact with enamel.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Brian said:
Charlie said:

Charlie, do you know where your Vitamin D is at? I think I remember from a Chris Masterjohn presentation from youtube that K2 has limited effect if osteocalcin is not present in high enough quantities from adequate A and D levels.

Also another thing I've noticed is that the protein food film on teeth might interfere with the action of osteocalcin and K2. When I swish with baking soda for at least a few minutes a day my teeth are much smoother, which I think Peat says is from the film being removed. I would think that this allows the K2 to work better.

Low 30's last time I checked it, IIRC. I know I am getting plenty of A and D now so they both should be coming up.

I will try the baking soda swish, thank you. :hattip

Brian

Charlie said:
Low 30's last time I checked it, IIRC. I know I am getting plenty of A and D now so they both should be coming up.

I will try the baking soda swish, thank you. :hattip

Also, as I recall in my experience at first I had to swish for maybe a half hour or more throughout the day to get the protein film removed. Now it only takes a few minutes per day to maintain it as well as my more alkaline oral pH.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am definitely going to give it a shot.

DKayJoe

Brian said:
Charlie said:

Also another thing I've noticed is that the protein food film on teeth might interfere with the action of osteocalcin and K2. When I swish with baking soda for at least a few minutes a day my teeth have a clean smooth feeling, which I think Peat says is from the film being removed. I would think that this allows the K2 to work better by making more direct contact with enamel.

It might be worth mentioning from my last post that I take 10,000 IU of Vitamin D daily as well, I was doing this long before using the K, it's like K was the last piece of the puzzle for me as I didn't really feel any benefit from the D alone. I also supplement with magnesium as well as D, K and Mag are meant to be very closely intertwined with their functions in the body.

javacody

In doing a google search containing the terms vitamin K2 weight loss, I see that there are studies done with K2 Mk4 on rats that showed that a human equivalent of 5 mg per day resulted in fat loss by increasing insulin sensitivity. It also strengthened bones. Results were similar with Vitamin K1, but the bones didn't get stronger but were more mineralized.

So I'm taking 2 to 4 drops of the Thorne K2 in my OJ through the day, starting a few days back. Hopefully I'll see some movement on the scale soon.

Brian

javacody said:
In doing a google search containing the terms vitamin K2 weight loss, I see that there are studies done with K2 Mk4 on rats that showed that a human equivalent of 5 mg per day resulted in fat loss by increasing insulin sensitivity. It also strengthened bones. Results were similar with Vitamin K1, but the bones didn't get stronger but were more mineralized.

So I'm taking 2 to 4 drops of the Thorne K2 in my OJ through the day, starting a few days back. Hopefully I'll see some movement on the scale soon.

You might want to consider putting your K2 drops in a high fat meal instead. I think someone posted some studies a long time ago showing that K2 needs 40+ grams of fat or so to be properly absorbed. I think Peat also suggested that a single drop several times a day can also be placed directly on your gums and be absorbed well.

Another method might be to combine it with a little MCT oil and rub into your wrists like Estroban. That should give a more extended release. Maybe even combine all these methods.

ilovethesea

Chiming in here. I recently went through a couple bottles of Thorne K2, taking the dose it says on the bottle - 45 drops a day in a glass of Coke (LOL!). It definitely improved my teeth. I hadn't been to the dentist in a couple years and had that rough plaque build-up feeling on the backs of my bottom teeth. It disappeared completely and felt like I just had a dental cleaning. I also have a couple of baby teeth with what looked like cavities forming. Since the only other option is extraction + implants I thought I'd try K2 and a modified version of Dr. Ellie's regimen. I think the cavities might be going away but not 100% sure... I ran out of Thorne so I had to stop the regimen for the past month and the plaque and soreness started to come back. But I've been back on a week and it's all improving again.

I also do about 10 drops of D3 a day (I think I am deficient) and 1 tbsp or so of beef liver every day. I stopped flossing as per Dr. Ellie and just rinse my mouth and toothbrush in Listerine to kill any bacteria, then I do xylitol powder rinsing and/or xylitol mints. My teeth seem much better even though I eat/drink so much sugar now. Ha!

javacody

Brian said:
javacody said:

You might want to consider putting your K2 drops in a high fat meal instead. I think someone posted some studies a long time ago showing that K2 needs 40+ grams of fat or so to be properly absorbed. I think Peat also suggested that a single drop several times a day can also be placed directly on your gums and be absorbed well.

Another method might be to combine it with a little MCT oil and rub into your wrists like Estroban. That should give a more extended release. Maybe even combine all these methods.

Thanks for the tips Brian! I always eat some fat when I take it. A few string cheese sticks or a few ounces of cheddar, if I'm not having an actual meal. Today I had it with steak, eggs, and bamboo shoots fried in coconut oil.

Progesterone

I'm more or less starting to be convinced that it is stimulating hair and hairs growth. A few months back, I experienced noticeable hair and hairs growth in new areas, which seemed both weird and good, and I attributed it to taking progesterone for a limited time - but after taking K2 on and off (high dose, > 15 mcgs per day), I now think K2 is the cause. It generally seems to have a positive effect on skin appearance.

Can you speak more on this?

K2 helping your hair?

jyb

Can you speak more on this?

K2 helping your hair?

I'm not the best person to task as I don't have hair loss issues. This was too long ago, I remember some effects on skin, hair and health, some positive and some very negative. If I experiment with K2 again I'll let you know.

Progesterone

I'm not the best person to task as I don't have hair loss issues. This was too long ago, I remember some effects on skin, hair and health, some positive and some very negative. If I experiment with K2 again I'll let you know.

some very negative?!?

Can you please comment on the negative effects you had? :eek:

Progesterone

Oral Consumption of Vitamin K2 for 8 Weeks Associated With Increased Maximal Cardiac Output During Exercise. - PubMed - NCBI

Altern Ther Health Med. 2017 Jul;23(4):26-32.
Oral Consumption of Vitamin K2 for 8 Weeks Associated With Increased Maximal Cardiac Output During Exercise.
McFarlin BK, Henning AL, Venable AS.
Abstract
Background • Vitamin K1 and K2 are not typically common in a Western diet because they are found in a variety of fermented foods. Vitamin K2 in particular has been demonstrated to restore mitochondrial function and has a key role in production of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate. Thus, it is reasonable to speculate that dietary supplementation with vitamin K2 could increase the function of muscle with high mitochondrial content (ie, skeletal and cardiac muscle). Objective • The purpose of this study was to determine if 8 wk of dietary supplementation with Vitamin K2 could alter cardiovascular responses to a graded cycle ergometer test. Design • The study was a randomized controlled trial. Setting • The study took place in the Applied Physiology Laboratory of the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of North Texas (Denton, TX, USA). Participants • Participants were aerobically trained males and female athletes (N = 26). Intervention • Participants were randomly assigned either to a control group that received a rice flour placebo or to an intervention group that received vitamin K2. For weeks 1 to 4, participants received 300 mg/d; for weeks 5 to 8, they received 150 mg/d. Subjects assigned to the control group received similar doses to mirror the intervention group. Subjects consumed the supplements during an 8-wk period while they maintained their typical exercise habits. Outcome Measures • At baseline and postintervention, participants completed a standard, graded exercise test on an electronically braked cycle ergometer. Before the test, participants were fitted with a mouth piece, and their oxygen consumption, carbon dioxide production, respiratory rate, and respiratory exchange ratio were measured. In addition, participants were fitted with skin-mounted electrodes that measured noninvasive cardiac output, stroke volume, and heart rate. To assess the cumulative exercise change, an area-under-the-curve (AUC) value was calculated separately for each outcome variable at each treatment time point. Results • Vitamin K2 supplementation was associated with a 12% increase in maximal cardiac output, with P = .031, with a trend toward an increase in heart-rate AUC, with P = .070. No significant changes occurred in stroke volume. Conclusions • Although vitamin K2 supplementation has previously been reported to improve cardiovascular function in diseased patients, to the research team's knowledge, the current study is the first to report its potential in active individuals. More research is needed to fully evaluate the potential effects of the observed effects.

PMID:

Xisca

I had no answer for help about anti K drug How To Compensate For Fluindione (vitamin K Antagonist)?
but I profit to warn you about unchecked use of vitamine K.
I and my father more than me, have some genetic defect provoking some blood clot. My father suffered from his veins and finally they found out and made the gene test. He has to take antivitamin K and check his blood sedimentation at least once or twice per month.

If you have this, aspirin will help you of course, as it helps my aunt who is also concerned though not from the same side of the familly!

But if you start experimenting with vitamine K, or even CoQ10, then be very careful to keep in touch with your body and feel any slow down on your blood flow.
This can be very dangerous for some people.

Pompadour

But if you start experimenting with vitamine K, or even CoQ10, then be very careful to keep in touch with your body and feel any slow down on your blood flow.
This can be very dangerous for some people.

I suspect something like this for me . Maybe it is safer to have natural amounts of vitamin K with food?

Xisca

I suspect something like this for me . Maybe it is safer to have natural amounts of vitamin K with food?
No, this is really the same.
My father has to take care of not eating much vitamine K rich food... or else his labs will indicate that he has to take more of the anti-K drug.... the one with fluindione.
I have told him to eat his liver regularly by small amount, so htat he can regulate his medicine and benefit from the rest of the liver.

You can suspect this if you have like him, he had phlebitis and varicose veins. He started this very early in life, until they found out what was causing the problem.
I have some defective gene too, but not as much as him.
Hope someone can help for this.... He tried once to replace by aspirine, and it seemed that it did not work.

Frankdee20

Is it safe to consume the K Complex with K1, MK4, Mk7 ? Or just the K2 ?

Motif

Wow second or third day 1 mg k2 and it burns when I’m peeing.

Is this a good sign? Bad sign ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals