Allergy To Thorne Research Vitamin K2?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hopefully you will get answers to this. I have heard that some people are allergic to TR and some to other Vitamin K2 brands. While I haven't tried this brand, I don't think I can ever try any brand after it inducing heart palpitations.

OP
L

Logan-

Hopefully you will get answers to this. I have heard that some people are allergic to TR and some to other Vitamin K2 brands. While I haven't tried this brand, I don't think I can ever try any brand after it inducing heart palpitations.

Thanks, I think I will try another brand.

OP
L

Logan-

They did, but something else might have caused the allergic reaction, no way to know for sure.

rr1

I have just taken the last week off from using the Thorne Vitamin D/K2 that I had been using, and my seborrheic dermatitis has completely gone away. I have no doubt that it was this product, as this condition started around the same time I introduced this sup. I had just never put two and two together until now.

Does anyone have any idea whether it could have been either the Vit D or Vit K causing this seborrheic dermatitis in my eyebrows? O maybe just a reaction to this particular Thorne product? If I am to try another Vitamin D and Vitamin K, are there any suggestions that aren't allergenic?

Thanks!

Eli

I have just taken the last week off from using the Thorne Vitamin D/K2 that I had been using, and my seborrheic dermatitis has completely gone away. I have no doubt that it was this product, as this condition started around the same time I introduced this sup. I had just never put two and two together until now.

Does anyone have any idea whether it could have been either the Vit D or Vit K causing this seborrheic dermatitis in my eyebrows? O maybe just a reaction to this particular Thorne product? If I am to try another Vitamin D and Vitamin K, are there any suggestions that aren't allergenic?

Thanks!
I'm having a very similar experience and feel so relieved to read your post. I started the Thorne D/K2 drops about a month or so ago (my blood work revealed low D levels), and within a few days I had a major eczema-like breakout on my left eyelid and in fact the entire area underneath my left eyebrow. Very scary. But it never occurred to me to connect that to the D/K2, and so I started cutting out things from my diet one by one - eggs, cheese, gelatin, starches, etc etc. And nothing really worked, and in fact the rash seemed to be spreading to other areas on my face. Eventually I was down to just fruits and fruit juices for a few days, and was even using an OTC cortisone cream which is not even recommended near the eyes! And since I like to take the D/K2 drops with a meal that has a bit of fat in it, I stopped taking the drops for those days, and noticed the eczema rash was drying out and not so red and painful anymore. I thought it was the "clean" diet that was finally helping (ie reduced endotoxin load), but then I took the drops again for a couple of days despite no fat in the meals, and the rash started to get worse again. That's when I suddenly started wondering if it was the drops! Then I saw this post and was honestly so relieved. The rash is still bad, as it's only day 3 without the supplement, but I will post again with updates. I really hope my hunch is correct! Thank you so much for sharing your own experience. Before I made this connection, I was even planning to buy the expensive Thorne K2 but now I'm not so sure. I'm going to write to them about my experience and ask them what they have in the supplement that could be causing this inflammation.

rr1

I'm having a very similar experience and feel so relieved to read your post. I started the Thorne D/K2 drops about a month or so ago (my blood work revealed low D levels), and within a few days I had a major eczema-like breakout on my left eyelid and in fact the entire area underneath my left eyebrow. Very scary. But it never occurred to me to connect that to the D/K2, and so I started cutting out things from my diet one by one - eggs, cheese, gelatin, starches, etc etc. And nothing really worked, and in fact the rash seemed to be spreading to other areas on my face. Eventually I was down to just fruits and fruit juices for a few days, and was even using an OTC cortisone cream which is not even recommended near the eyes! And since I like to take the D/K2 drops with a meal that has a bit of fat in it, I stopped taking the drops for those days, and noticed the eczema rash was drying out and not so red and painful anymore. I thought it was the "clean" diet that was finally helping (ie reduced endotoxin load), but then I took the drops again for a couple of days despite no fat in the meals, and the rash started to get worse again. That's when I suddenly started wondering if it was the drops! Then I saw this post and was honestly so relieved. The rash is still bad, as it's only day 3 without the supplement, but I will post again with updates. I really hope my hunch is correct! Thank you so much for sharing your own experience. Before I made this connection, I was even planning to buy the expensive Thorne K2 but now I'm not so sure. I'm going to write to them about my experience and ask them what they have in the supplement that could be causing this inflammation.
I use vitamin d by premier research in olive oil and kuinone from idealabs now. both great products

Eli

I use vitamin d by premier research in olive oil and kuinone from idealabs now. both great products
Thank you for replying. I will try those. First I want to completely get rid of this rash. I know this was a long time ago for you, but do you recall how long it took for your seborrheic dermatitis to fully go away?

Also, have you noticed any positive results from taking the topical kuinone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals