Super Cheap High-Potency Vitamin K2

EndAllDisease

I did some shopping today at the healthfood store because I'm almost out of my Thorne Research Vitamin K2. I don't feel like paying $100+ for another 1oz bottle, and all the supps in the store have only 100mcg (1/10th of a mg) and charge like 30 bucks! I've realized today how companies are taking advantage of people charging them way more than its worth, so I looked for alternatives and found an excellent one.

Carlson Vitamin K2 Menatetrenone 5mg 180 Capsules, FRESH, Made In USA
That's $46 for 900mg Vitamin K2 (180 x 5mg)
There are a few additives like Cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica, vegetable stearin, gelatin capsule but I still think its worth it. Let's break this down...

Compare that to Thorne Research for example:
±$85 for 1oz (30ml) + ±$20 shipping
At 20 drops per ml that is 600 drops, or 600mg, for ±$105

Carlson:
900mg for $46US
Thorne:
600mg for ±$105US

Take your pick!

What-a-Riot

Kuinone is $50 for 1080mg and supports IdeaLabs, which is proving to be something worth doing I think

GAF

Kuinone is $50 for 1080mg and supports IdeaLabs, which is proving to be something worth doing I think

I know this stuff works because I take over a gram of aspirin a day and some vitamin E daily and I don't bleed abnormally when I cut myself and scraping or small cuts are not infrequent in my post chemo world. One bottle of Kuinone lasts a really really long time - months and months and months.

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

Very nice thanks for your input guys!
I'll probably go Kuinone from idealabs next.

Agent207

Im done with thorne since the release of Healthnatura K2, which is high state TRANS (high bio identical) K2. 1430 mg, no aditives, MCT oil and glass bottle.

I've bought k2 from Peter at vitaspace.com twice and it comes with a coa and is all I use. I'm not sure why nobody else orders it for twenty bucks a gram. I dissolve a tiny amount in coconut oil. It's great stuff and you don't have to worry about cost so much. They supply supplement companies and fulfill to consumers on the side. They have a 1994 website but are honest and easy to deal with.

Hugh Johnson

I've bought k2 from Peter at vitaspace.com twice and it comes with a coa and is all I use. I'm not sure why nobody else orders it for twenty bucks a gram. I dissolve a tiny amount in coconut oil. It's great stuff and you don't have to worry about cost so much. They supply supplement companies and fulfill to consumers on the side. They have a 1994 website but are honest and easy to deal with.
Probably because no one has heard of it and the site looks so confusing and unprofessional.

DaveFoster

@ecstatichamster

I e-mailed Peter a while back; a very helpful person.

Do you still buy from him, and have you tried dissolving K2 in DMSO?

yes I still buy from him. I dissolve it in coconut oil and just keep it in my mouth. It gets absorbed topically that way and also swallowed. Works great.

kdvwest

yes I still buy from him. I dissolve it in coconut oil and just keep it in my mouth. It gets absorbed topically that way and also swallowed. Works great.
-----
That site is pretty cheap compared to the 15mg tablet versions and thorne.

Vitaspace = $0.0172 per mg (EXAMPLE: 9mg a day x 365 days = $56.50 a year)
15mgx90 brands (around $28-29 per 1.35g) = $0.0207 per mg (EXAMPLE: 9mg a day x 365 days = $68 a year)
-----
Did it come w/ a measurement guide or tsp scooper?

I emailed the owner and they've yet to reply back to me.
-----
You said you dissolve it in oil. How fully does it dissolve?
I know vit k is oil soluble, but wasn't for certain it's % per oil for solubility.
I know some powders are x% soluble in X amount of oil and not 100% soluble until it's combined w/ proper amounts of oil for full saturation and only soluble @ certain temperatures.
-----
I was wanting to make a coconut oil + mk4 emulsion, but wasn't aware of anyone doing this nor if it's plausible.

This way I could just purchase a 54oz jar of coconut oil which is around 108 tablespoon servings or 324 teaspoons. Then mix say 972mg into 1 jar and be able to get 3mg of vitamin k per tsp of coconut oil.

Was wanting to get around 9-10mg of vitamin k a day and break it off into 3 servings a day given that the half-life is short.

By doing this I could also swish it around in my mouth which I've read others doing as well. Makes sense I guess if one has oral/dental issues.
-----
Thanks for any feedback (from anyone!).

A.R

-----
That site is pretty cheap compared to the 15mg tablet versions and thorne.

Vitaspace = $0.0172 per mg (EXAMPLE: 9mg a day x 365 days = $56.50 a year)
15mgx90 brands (around $28-29 per 1.35g) = $0.0207 per mg (EXAMPLE: 9mg a day x 365 days = $68 a year)
-----
Did it come w/ a measurement guide or tsp scooper?

I emailed the owner and they've yet to reply back to me.
-----
You said you dissolve it in oil. How fully does it dissolve?
I know vit k is oil soluble, but wasn't for certain it's % per oil for solubility.
I know some powders are x% soluble in X amount of oil and not 100% soluble until it's combined w/ proper amounts of oil for full saturation and only soluble @ certain temperatures.
-----
I was wanting to make a coconut oil + mk4 emulsion, but wasn't aware of anyone doing this nor if it's plausible.

This way I could just purchase a 54oz jar of coconut oil which is around 108 tablespoon servings or 324 teaspoons. Then mix say 972mg into 1 jar and be able to get 3mg of vitamin k per tsp of coconut oil.

Was wanting to get around 9-10mg of vitamin k a day and break it off into 3 servings a day given that the half-life is short.

By doing this I could also swish it around in my mouth which I've read others doing as well. Makes sense I guess if one has oral/dental issues.
-----
Thanks for any feedback (from anyone!).
Did you get round to doing this? Seems like a very good idea

Arnold Grape

I know this stuff works because I take over a gram of aspirin a day and some vitamin E daily and I don't bleed abnormally when I cut myself and scraping or small cuts are not infrequent in my post chemo world. One bottle of Kuinone lasts a really really long time - months and months and months.
How much Kuinone are you at per 1g of aspirin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom