K2 And Muscle Crunchies?

Lecarpetron

Hi all,

Upon recommendation from another thread, I upped my K2 from 1 mg (1 drop of Thorne) to 45 mg per day recently. Within 3 days, I could actually detect something happening! You know how when you get a massage, sometimes they hit on "crunchy" spots in your muscles? That's what my entire body feels like right now. Like I'm full of crunchies. I think I'm going to get a massage asap.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I think I've read every review of K2 out there and I haven't come across anyone mentioning this. I'm very excited about it because supplements usually don't affect me one way or the other.

Sadly, the insides of my bottom teeth are still building up plaque on a daily basis. Maybe that will improve in the months to come.

belcanto

You might try oil pulling for the teeth. It's amazing how clean the teeth feel afterward.

Peata

Hi all,

Upon recommendation from another thread, I upped my K2 from 1 mg (1 drop of Thorne) to 45 mg per day recently. Within 3 days, I could actually detect something happening! You know how when you get a massage, sometimes they hit on "crunchy" spots in your muscles? That's what my entire body feels like right now. Like I'm full of crunchies. I think I'm going to get a massage asap.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I think I've read every review of K2 out there and I haven't come across anyone mentioning this. I'm very excited about it because supplements usually don't affect me one way or the other.

Sadly, the insides of my bottom teeth are still building up plaque on a daily basis. Maybe that will improve in the months to come.

How's it going now? Are you still taking that much K2 and what happened with the crunchies and teeth?

OP
Lecarpetron

Lecarpetron

I dropped to 15 mg right after this post and still experienced very, very sore joints and "crunchy" spots. I could hardly walk. I felt as sore as I did after running an ultramarathon (when I used to do such stupid things, I only walk now). This week, I finally gave up on thinking the aching indicated something beneficial happening, and I dropped down to 5 mg/day.

None of this has improved the layer of plaque on my bottom teeth...or anything else as far as I can tell :( I have been doing 2 drops on Nutrisorb on my wrists, and 5-10k IUs of D3 to go with it.

I did find an old thread where someone mentioned that megadosing K2 can cause joint inflammation. I guess that's what I felt.

Peata

I think that dosage has been used for rheumatoid arthritis, it's too bad it seemed to cause inflammation in your joints rather than help it. Thanks for the update.

I've been taking 15 mg. Seem to be doing OK. I have a bit of soreness in my rib where I fractured it about 1.5 years ago. Not sure if it's due to K2 or not. Nothing else should be irritating the old wound though.

paymanz

what is the reason for tha much of big dose k2? your body recycles k2 unless you take warfarins, even for aspirin i dont think ray recommended that big dose of K.
for bone health 1 mg/day of k1 maximizes osteocalcin carboxylation,for example.

OP
Lecarpetron

Lecarpetron

Some have reported osteoporosis improvments from megadosing K2. On this forum and others, people have reported widening jaw or even growing a cm or two as well.

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at a very young age, so I figured I'd give it a try. I have a very narrow jaw/TMJ dysfunction too so I was hoping it could help there.

I'm not giving up, just going to start at a lower dose and slowly go up instead of shocking my system with 45 mg.

Peata

Some have reported osteoporosis improvments from megadosing K2. On this forum and others, people have reported widening jaw or even growing a cm or two as well.

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at a very young age, so I figured I'd give it a try. I have a very narrow jaw/TMJ dysfunction too so I was hoping it could help there.

I'm not giving up, just going to start at a lower dose and slowly go up instead of shocking my system with 45 mg.
That's kind of what I've been doing - started at 5 mg then 10, now 15, which is where I plan to stay for a while.

CoolTweetPete

I've had this "crunchiness" in my back muscles for quite a while. I've suspected it has to do with muscle adhesions (knots) developed from poor posture (years of sitting during school & work, not enough walking).

Do you believe it's possible the muscle popping has to do with calcification? I've noticed when I give myself scalp massages, I also hear/feel this same "crunchiness". Always wondered what it is.

paymanz

for bones a big factor is to controlling gut serotonin, and also increasing dopamine.also b6 and taurine are very helpful.and manganese increases osteocalcin so is a vitamin k cofactor.

whit

My understanding of K2/ mk4 was it worked in concert with all the other fat soluble vitamins.
If A D E aren't in balance that might cause issues. Just a working theory.
There have been some issues with the MK7 form as well.

OP
Lecarpetron

Lecarpetron

CoolTweet (or anyone), do muscle/fascial knots/adhesions relate to or involve calcification?

Thanks paymanz. I have never focused on reducing gut seratonin b/c IIRC that slows peristalsis, which is the last thing I want to do.

Whit, I did consider that K2 was way out of balance, but I'm afraid to take too much Nutrisorb. I might bump D3 up to 10k IUs consistently to see if that helps.

paymanz

just having enough salt helps a lot to lower serotonin.

and i forgot to mention Pentoxifylline , its almost like a potent bone building hormone.

CoolTweetPete

CoolTweet (or anyone), do muscle/fascial knots/adhesions relate to or involve calcification?

Thanks paymanz. I have never focused on reducing gut seratonin b/c IIRC that slows peristalsis, which is the last thing I want to do.

Whit, I did consider that K2 was way out of balance, but I'm afraid to take too much Nutrisorb. I might bump D3 up to 10k IUs consistently to see if that helps.

Possibly. I found this study that says calcification might be the result of ischemia (lack of blood flow) and I believe adhesions do as well.

Correlation of cell necrosis and tissue calcification with ischemia/reperfusion injury after liver transplantation. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSION:
In this preliminary report, we conclude that the clinically observed degree of liver dysfunction after orthotopic liver transplant (OLT)correlates well with ultrastructural modifications. These include calcification and vacuole formation. We believe that both findings can be used as surrogate markers of a clinically significant hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury.

From a different study,

"When irritated, the fibrous tissue forms adhesions, decreases compliance of the fascia, limiting circulation through the underlying tissue and inhibit function due to ischemia." (Fama & Buti, 2011)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals