VITAMIN K Topically?

mamaherrera

I have under eye circles, and I was reading that vitamin K helps with that. And I have my thorne K2 drops, what do you all think of me using those on my whole face, like a drop a day?? would that be too much, or bad, anyone done it before?? Also, I don't take aspirin, so would 1 drop be too much per day? thanks

Newbophyte

This is fascinating. There are commerical products "eye rollers", one of which which contains CLA and Vitamin A, which apply it topically. I'd have to investigate further to see if other brands have Vitamin K and what effect they are having. Good idea, though. Perhaps VItamin E as well, as I just saw some for sale and was thinking the same thing, as I am noting suboptimal intakes of both.

Newbophyte

As a matter of fact, less than five minutes later and i randomly come across a reference to this looking at Vitamin K for my own benefit!

In persons with bags under their eyes, topical vitamin K (1% phylloquinone) paired with retinol and both Vitamin C and Vitamin E (all 0.1%) was able to reduce the darkening of these bags (which was due to hemostasis, or the accumulation of blood) and reduced wrinkles; no control was used.[1]

Vitamin K has been implicated in reducing bags under the eyes and removing wrinkles, but the evidence for this is currently confounded with the inclusion of other vitamins. While vitamin K may have a role in clearing blood from the area, it is not known how it influences wrinkles

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17147559

OP
M

mamaherrera

Glad others are interested too, but what do you all think about applying 1 drop of thorne to the whole face, obviously it's super more concentrated than those creams, as 1 drop as lots of vitamin K . . . . what do you all think, would you mix it into a cream or just straight on the face?

dd99

I've made a face cream for my wife (and for myself for under my eyes) from tallow and a tiny bit of olive oil with about 4% niacinamide. The first batch, I added caffeine and aspirin in the ratios haidut mentioned (0.1% of each), but didn't notice too much effect. Next time, I think I'll add K to the mix.

OP
M

mamaherrera

so maybe I"ll just add a few drops of the K to my normal face moisturizer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals