How Know If Aspirin Is Okay For Me?

Astolfo

daily 200 mg + quarter teaspoonful of bicarbonate + 100 mcg MK-7.

It gives me some confusion, and I get a bit sharp headache randomly sometimes. The amount of aspirin is too small but it has more antithrombotic effects AFAIK.

Effect of oral aspirin dose on platelet aggregation and vascular prostacyclin (PGI2) synthesis in humans and rabbits. - PubMed - NCBI

Also some interesting topics I could find:

Apparently Vitamin K Does NOT Stop Aspirins Blood Thinning

Thorne’s K2 Not Effective At All - Aspirin Still Causing Bleeding

I want to contiune to taking aspirin as I have degenerative disease and want to know if it helps, I don't want to stop if the headache is not a serious thing.

Also do you have any reccomendation for my caffeine intake?

I use K2 mk4. I think it works better by far than mk7. Headache from aspirin often is caused by its blood sugar lowering effect. Eating carbs and a little protein should prevent it.

Arnold Grape

Hey — if you’re getting a headache it could accompany taking aspirin without enough fuel in your tank. IME blood sugar problems can occur on occasion if your metabolism is stimulated and your diet is weak.

That said you should address specifically why you’re taking something before ingesting it in wanton fashion, just because people (on a forum) may tell you to. You may well benefit from aspirin, but I don’t k ow.

OP
A

Astolfo

I use K2 mk4. I think it works better by far than mk7. Headache from aspirin often is caused by its blood sugar lowering effect. Eating carbs and a little protein should prevent it.

Okay then, I'm eating some bread and cheese now.

Unfortunately, I could only find MK-7 here. There is no way to buy one from abroad too.

OP
A

Astolfo

Hey — if you’re getting a headache it could accompany taking aspirin without enough fuel in your tank. IME blood sugar problems can occur on occasion if your metabolism is stimulated and your diet is weak.

That said you should address specifically why you’re taking something before ingesting it in wanton fashion, just because people (on a forum) may tell you to. You may well benefit from aspirin, but I don’t k ow.

Actually I ate some cheese and bread.
Sharp and random headache didn't look like something caused from lack of blood sugar. But I may be wrong.

I experienced the similar headache yesterday when I drink a bit much coffee. I had added lots of sugar though.

OP
A

Astolfo

I'm gonna stop taking it. The headache is less frequent, but I still get strange symptoms while taking aspirin. The other one is about my ears I guess. I have eustachian tube dysfunction, but I have some unusual pressure and sudden pain in my ears since I started low dose aspirin. Also I hear some screeching noise.

OP
A

Astolfo

Took another 250 mg today. I still get sharp pains at different spots of my brain, mostly they are located at sides. Since taking Vit K, my eyes have less veiny looking but when I wide open my eyes, I can see lots of veins and little black areas.

The beneficial effect of aspirin on my muscle control seems lessened, idk. Today I got so lightheaded it never happened before and I'm suspecting from aspirin. My perception of things seems like distracted a bit, I hope I'm not getting a bit of stroke. Also sometimes I feel like my ears discharge.

I wanna hear some suggestions from here, should I stop or continue? Less or more dose?

Effects of Ultra-Low-Dose Aspirin in Thrombosis and Haemorrhage. - PubMed - NCBI

Some study say low dose aspirin has more antithrombotic effect than normal dose. And this study says the opposite. Should I fear from prothrombotic effect or antithrombotic effect? @ecstatichamster

I'm taking my dose with 100 mcg MK-7. Also I regulary eat cheese with thyme spice, so I think there is no problem with vitamin K availability.

OP
A

Astolfo

If I'm not mistaken, aspirin should actually cure headaches, it's one of its main uses.
It's a painkiller, yeah. But it gives me spot headaches.

I took some photos:

F7D32EA4-33D0-42C3-946B-30CECD0ADCE2.jpeg
8F92C67D-42BA-4A79-BEA9-DD031454FF7C.jpeg
8BDABDEB-E8DE-49EA-8C6E-8328B9C5F678.jpeg

Okay then, I'm eating some bread and cheese now.

Unfortunately, I could only find MK-7 here. There is no way to buy one from abroad too.

I never found any benefit from MK-7. It doesn’t stop the bleeding from aspirin, in my experience.

OP
A

Astolfo

I never found any benefit from MK-7. It doesn’t stop the bleeding from aspirin, in my experience.
I understand.

So, what could be the reason I respond to aspirin so badly? I'm disappointed to be had to stop because there are some beneficial effects I'm seeing from aspirin.
I said that I think it's a beggining of a hemmorhage. I don't have a better explanation considering all these symptoms. I stopped but I hope I can get better because the random pain in my brain, my eyes and lightheadness just making things worse.

What would you recommend to me?
Prothrombotic and hemorrhagic effects of aspirin. - PubMed - NCBI

I understand.

So, what could be the reason I respond to aspirin so badly? I'm disappointed to be had to stop because there are some beneficial effects I'm seeing from aspirin.
I said that I think it's a beggining of a hemmorhage. I don't have a better explanation considering all these symptoms. I stopped but I hope I can get better because the random pain in my brain, my eyes and lightheadness just making things worse.

What would you recommend to me?
Prothrombotic and hemorrhagic effects of aspirin. - PubMed - NCBI

K2 MK4

OP
A

Astolfo

SOMO

Aspirin dilates blood vessels and weak veins in the face/head, during vasodilation, can cause temporary pain. Aspirin also lowers BP Slightly so hypovolemic people (low Sodium/high NO) can also get headaches, but this is an argument for more salt not less aspirin.

The same thing happens with "poppers" i.e. inhalable nitrates, they cause headache even in low doses because of the rapid vasodilation in the face/neck/head/nose. (Also a drop in BP so blood is not circulating to the upper body.)

OP
A

Astolfo

Aspirin dilates blood vessels and weak veins in the face/head, during vasodilation, can cause temporary pain. Aspirin also lowers BP Slightly so hypovolemic people (low Sodium/high NO) can also get headaches, but this is an argument for more salt not less aspirin.

The same thing happens with "poppers" i.e. inhalable nitrates, they cause headache even in low doses because of the rapid vasodilation in the face/neck/head/nose. (Also a drop in BP so blood is not circulating to the upper body.)
Thanks. I don't think the pain and veiny looking were because of low BP. It doesn't matter now though, I'm not taking ASA anymore.

Half a hour ago I drunk a cup of coffee. I thought the pain maybe because of caffeine withdrawal. But apperantly, I was wrong. My headache is pretty bad. The front and sides of my head felts so much pain.

OP
A

Astolfo

Tinnitus doesn't go away. Also the veiny looking.

I couldn't know that low dose aspirin can do much harm.

I feel the same way about aspirin. I understand the benefits from it, but I can't bring myself to take it daily at the rates some here do (like 1 gram or so split across many smaller doses over the course of the day). I don't get any bad reactions overall, but unsure if it's useful for me to have daily or not, i.e., pros vs cons.

I take aspirin sparingly still, but I have gotten the ringing in the ear from it before -- thankfully it went away soon after though. Not sure if this is because it isn't pure aspirin but typical brands which adds fillers and other stuff usually (don't know what role the extra stuff has in causing symptoms though vs. just aspirin itself).

You still have the ringing/tinnitus? I'm pretty sure it can go away still in time. I wouldn't think of it is as permanent if it's only been a short time.

OP
A

Astolfo

I feel the same way about aspirin. I understand the benefits from it, but I can't bring myself to take it daily at the rates some here do (like 1 gram or so split across many smaller doses over the course of the day). I don't get any bad reactions overall, but unsure if it's useful for me to have daily or not, i.e., pros vs cons.

I take aspirin sparingly still, but I have gotten the ringing in the ear from it before -- thankfully it went away soon after though. Not sure if this is because it isn't pure aspirin but typical brands which adds fillers and other stuff usually (don't know what role the extra stuff has in causing symptoms though vs. just aspirin itself).

You still have the ringing/tinnitus? I'm pretty sure it can go away still in time. I wouldn't think of it is as permanent if it's only been a short time.
It was bayer brand. L-Rotlack as colouring agent, and corn starch.
I took it for 1 month.

I can still hear ringing. It gotten more discomfortable, maybe because I'm more aware. How long did it take for disappear?

The veiny looking on my eyes increased today. Also there are some black areas on the sclera.

Rarely I still feel random needle on my ears. Also some feeling of discharge.

The headache is less today. But I feel really different. Cognitively bit better but more lightheaded.

Frankdee20

Ringing in the ear is typical, perhaps from blood thinning effect, as Vitamin E can do this as well. Aspirin can sometimes throw off my cognition, making me spacey, and out of sync verbally with people. This could be Cortisol lowering effect perhaps. It is hit or miss, sometimes I notice nothing except warmth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom