Anything That Increase Thyroid Cause Rapid Tooth Decay

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

You're not wrong at all. Here is my testimony.

Started using iodine in large amounts the past few months along with (lugols, nascent), vit a, selenium etc and tooth decay came on rapidly. Almost like the calcium has been absolutely stripped from my teeth and there are dark, almost black veins in my teeth - mostly the front 6.

I can attest this kind of metabolism increase will definitely leach calcium and other minerals out ESPECIALLY if u aren't replenishing this calcium and/or if PTH is high.
I was not at first, i am now with a lot of raw milk + calc cit, k2 etc. Improved very slightly. Going to stop all iodine and stop increasing thyroid like this.

Lets see if i can get my teeth to remineralise.

Ps the nascent iodine i used strongly boost metabolism, to a hyperthyroid state after 20 mins or so. Utilising all my sugar stores forcing me to eat more. This can't be good on a daily basis
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope your teeth will get back to normal soon!

By the way, vitamin A is also a huge trigger of my tooth decay. I had to stop eating liver for this reason, but other sources of A are triggering my teeth too.

Last edited:
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Well that definitely suggests you are making plenty of niacin from the tryptophan you are eating.

Zinc is very important for mineralization of teeth. Consider trying some zinc which may be depleted by all that protein and your past usage of iodine. It would be also beneficial to avoid low zinc proteins and have more high zinc proteins instead.
Thank you! Will add more meat into my diet. The advice you gave me in my older threads helped me tremendously, by the way

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Thyroid sensitizes cells to adrenaline, and with high adrenaline in hypothyroidism, the beginning will feel a lot like adrenaline. Im sure Im not writing anything you dont already know. NDT does not make a person immune from hypo symptoms. It upgrades the car's engine, and requires more and premium fuel. In my experience, NDT made hypothyroid symptoms (adrenaline from under eating quality and quantity) much more severe in the absence of such food. If the added iodine is doing this to your thyroid, the explanation above could be why.

Still, Ray has said iodine excess can cause hypothyroidism just like deficiency, despite it being, afterall, part of the t3/t4 molecule:
"An iodine deficiency can cause hypothyroidism (rare now), but so can an excess. Iodine deficiency is an unusual cause of hypothyroidism, except in a few places, like the mountains of Mexico and China, and the Andes." -RP

This is why I asked how you know your thyroid is improving, via blood tests or temp + pulse measurements.
This would be actually a great explanation of what is going on. Especially because my teeth decay is the worst when the above mentioned factors are combined with psychological stress. I wish there is some reliable measurement of adrenaline levels.

Doc Sandoz

I have finally got my temperatures and HR up to where I'm not hypothyroid. I did have some soreness in my teeth. I took doxycycline for about 5 days and it went away.

Dr. Buteyko believed in focal infections that would get worse when your body was more able to deal with them. The act of restoring health could cause toothache if there had always been an infection in that tooth, but the better health state unleashes your body's attack on the problem which was there before, but quiescent.

I think there is something to this idea and perhaps if you get your metabolism up to where it should be, there may be some infection that develops, that was always there, but now it becomes symptomatic and your body is fighting it more actively.

I've experienced a soreness over one tooth a couple of times after taking small dose Cytomel. This same tooth has had the same soreness in the past. The dentist tested a couple years ago for decay and not an issue. He said sometimes the nerve gets irritated. There is a feeling of pressure over the tooth, but it isn't a toothache. Owing to the link with thyroid meds, I'm inclined to think it is just what you say Ecstatic, a latent infection. Do you know a way to get a scrip for antibiotics without having to go to the dentist (I don't have dental insurance)? Medicare will pay for my doctor - can visit him online via Zoom; maybe there are symptoms he would prescribe something like doxycycline for. Something they'd not need to take a culture before prescribing.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I've experienced a soreness over one tooth a couple of times after taking small dose Cytomel. This same tooth has had the same soreness in the past. The dentist tested a couple years ago for decay and not an issue. He said sometimes the nerve gets irritated. There is a feeling of pressure over the tooth, but it isn't a toothache. Owing to the link with thyroid meds, I'm inclined to think it is just what you say Ecstatic, a latent infection. Do you know a way to get a scrip for antibiotics without having to go to the dentist (I don't have dental insurance)? Medicare will pay for my doctor - can visit him online via Zoom; maybe there are symptoms he would prescribe something like doxycycline for. Something they'd not need to take a culture before prescribing.
Doxycycline doesn't penetrate bones (and teeth) very well and is not very effective for dental problems. It might fix the underlying gut / endotoxin issue, but not the tooth itself. Amoxicillin is way to go. Do you have fish by a chance?

Doc Sandoz

Doxycycline doesn't penetrate bones (and teeth) very well and is not very effective for dental problems. It might fix the underlying gut / endotoxin issue, but not the tooth itself. Amoxicillin is way to go. Do you have fish by a chance?

Yes, thanks, is the stuff they sell for fish OK for humans?

i buy it from Mexican pharmacies or alldaychemist.com

I took doxy for 5 days and it got rid of my toothaches completely.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I took doxy for 5 days and it got rid of my toothaches completely.
I'm very happy to hear that! Then your toothache most likely was not from an infected tooth, though. Doxycycline fixed the infection elsewhere in the body (gut, gums...) that was the underlying cause of your tooth sensitivity.

There are studies saying that tetracyclines are actually bad for your teeth, because they bind to calcium and damage tooth enamel. (r) (r)
These reactions happen since tetracyclines bind to calcium phosphate and allow the drug to be absorbed by the teeth. This damages the tooth's dental enamel and causes brown/yellow discoloration, pitting, and can result in the susceptibility to dental cavities.

There is a reason tetracyclines are rarely used in dentistry. (r)
Doxycycline is infrequently used for dental infections. Thorough medical history and dental examination determines type of antibiotic to prescribe. For the non-allergic individual, Penicillin VK is first drug of choice, but if allergic to Pen VK and Amoxicillin, then we prescribe Clindamycin. If swelling is more severe, then need to hit it with higher dosage of Clindamycin - use clinical judgement on dosage and if oral antibiotics will control the infection or if patient needs to go to hospital emergency for IV antibiotics. I will frequently choose Metronidazole for periodontal causes of infection. These will usually suffice for most dental infections.

Last edited:
I'm very happy to hear that! Then your toothache most likely was not from an infected tooth, though. Doxycycline fixed the infection elsewhere in the body (gut, gums...) that was the underlying cause of your tooth sensitivity.

There are studies saying that tetracyclines are actually bad for your teeth, because they bind to calcium and damage tooth enamel. (r) (r)

There is a reason tetracyclines are rarely used in dentistry. (r)

yes I had an infection below the gumline.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals