Morning Breath / Thrush

rothko

Hello,

I have for the past few years been struggling with bad morning breath. It mostly occurs overnight and is worst in morning. It is so bad the morning clean up is quite an ordeal. I brush and floss and pull before bed and then in the morning with tongue scraping too. Diet has not seemed to help. But it is disconcerting that this may be a problem that will never go away. Does anyone have any ideas?

My first idea was that it may have been my wisdom teeth, although unfortunately when they were removed there was no change. Then maybe any cavities? Nope. I have asked advise of doctors and dentists without any actionable advice at all. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

OP
rothko

rothko

Treated as candida with no luck. Used CamphoSal, which helped immensely, but did not work as solution -- only helped clean in the morning.

Bluemachine

I'd guess reverse peristalsis, ray has spoke about this in an interview I can't recall. If you search 'reverse peristalsis ray peat' you should find some information but I think the general idea is that something is irritating the intestine and in an attempt to move the irritant, peristaltic waves are produced in the intestine and it unfortunately pushes it both ways. I've been suffering with this since I've had gastrointestinal issues. Let me know if you make any head way

mrchibbs

Hello,

I have for the past few years been struggling with bad morning breath. It mostly occurs overnight and is worst in morning. It is so bad the morning clean up is quite an ordeal. I brush and floss and pull before bed and then in the morning with tongue scraping too. Diet has not seemed to help. But it is disconcerting that this may be a problem that will never go away. Does anyone have any ideas?

My first idea was that it may have been my wisdom teeth, although unfortunately when they were removed there was no change. Then maybe any cavities? Nope. I have asked advise of doctors and dentists without any actionable advice at all. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You're probably hypothyroid, which leads to sluggish digestion and bacterial overgrowth, with the white tongue in the morning.

The only real solution is to radically improve your life/environment and increase thyroid function/temperature. In my experience that is the #1 factor which improves digestion and oral health in the morning. High temperature/thyroid function + light exposure during the day and/or red light therapy, methylene blue, all things which increase metabolism and therefore digestion, help.

If you go to bed feeling warm and well, chances are you'll wake up with less of the white coating on the mouth. At least that's been my experience. It's important to eat enough, several small meals throughout the day so that your liver glycogen is high by nighttime. Eating large meals to close to bed time seems to worsen these symptoms, so it's important to eat enough food until dinner so that you're not one bit hungry/cold by the time you go to bed.

OP
rothko

rothko

Interesting -- so it may be a digestion issue + hypothyroid. Maybe I should try t3 before bed...

Thanks for the thoughts @mrchibbs

OP
rothko

rothko

I'd guess reverse peristalsis, ray has spoke about this in an interview I can't recall. If you search 'reverse peristalsis ray peat' you should find some information but I think the general idea is that something is irritating the intestine and in an attempt to move the irritant, peristaltic waves are produced in the intestine and it unfortunately pushes it both ways. I've been suffering with this since I've had gastrointestinal issues. Let me know if you make any head way

Thanks, will do. Looking around people say it can be a histamine + serotonin problem. Maybe t3 + cypro at night.

mrchibbs

Interesting -- so it may be a digestion issue + hypothyroid. Maybe I should try t3 before bed...

Thanks for the thoughts @mrchibbs

I wouldn't think t3 before bed would fix things. t3 increase calorie requirements, so it's more in terms of consistently keeping thyroid function high all the way to bedtime.

OP
rothko

rothko

Ah okay, understood. Lol maybe shortening sleeping or doing bi-phasic sleeping. I think it does get worse the longer I sleep. Obviously not curtailing sleep to the detriment of health

OP
rothko

rothko

So,

Better health (generally)
Increased metabolism (diet, NDT, MB, RLT and sun exposure)
Better digestion (raw carrot salad, insoluble fiber, easy to digest food)
Serotonin (Cypro)
Brushing/Flossing/Oil pull and scraping

Is there anything that can specifically target breath and thrush / tongue health; or its just like everything else, a super mult-variate equation that amounts to 'general well being and health will fix'

mrchibbs

Well, it is like everything else. You don't get bacterial overgrowth if your thyroid works optimally.

It's really as simple as that. It sounds like a cop out because all we talk about is thyroid seemingly but it really is that important.

Other things like the carrot salad, activated charcoal, camphosal help limit the bacteria, but they don't really fix the root of the issue.

OP
rothko

rothko

Well, it is like everything else. You don't get bacterial overgrowth if your thyroid works optimally.

It's really as simple as that. It sounds like a cop out because all we talk about is thyroid seemingly but it really is that important.

Other things like the carrot salad, activated charcoal, camphosal help limit the bacteria, but they don't really fix the root of the issue.

Yeah agreed on both. If I find anything that can help I will post here. Thanks for the help. If anyone else has any experience, all info is appreciated :)

Max23

MMS takes care of my bad breath in days. But it comes back for me. It is caused by tonsil stones and they are caused by some sort of an immune reaction. MMS mouthwash is probably the most effective and quite safe, if the concentrations are correct. Here is some research: https://andreaskalcker.com/wp-conte...uthwash-containing-chlorine-dioxide-trial.pdf. Some overall research about it: SCIENTIFIC PAPERS - Andreas Kalcker. There was one other very impressive paper about it, can´t find it now.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It could be a few things, but poor digestion and slow transit time are probably two of the biggest contributors. Thyroid improves both.
Perhaps you can try digestive enzymes and cascara and activated charcoal in the meanwhile to see if it helps.

mrchibbs

Hoe do you reverse reverse peristalsis?

I think the only solution is focusing on the thyroid. The digestive tract can never work optimally without optimal thyroid function.

Stilgar

I thought reverse peristalsis was mostly produced by adrenaline, rather than an irritating food - but both make sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals