What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I wonder if progesterone can stop or even reverse excess body hair growth (shoulder and back). Peat mentioned that when he used progesterone his whiskers stopped growing for 2 days or so.

redred

I wonder if progesterone can stop or even reverse excess body hair growth (shoulder and back). Peat mentioned that when he used progesterone his whiskers stopped growing for 2 days or so.
peat is a cat?

If true, then it is an estrogenic-associated issue? Is that made solidly clear/as a causal factor in any mainstream research or etc.? Never heard any big outlets or pop science hinting at estrogen playing a role in men being more hairy or balding or such.

Weird still since so many would imply that balding heads and super hairy bodies are high testosterone/DHT or masculine traits not having any "female hormone" role (but it does make you think and re-evaluate).

redsun

I have come to an understanding that is possibly the reason why the low histamine protocol uses B3 and zinc (both needed to make progesterone). Histapenics have lots of body hair and especially in odd spots as you mentioned. Excessive hairiness in shoulders and back etc. is a sign of aging. The stereotypical old fat men you see who are crazy hairy have almost no histamine. They also have very low potassium in the cells and histamine is only made in a fast (good) metabolism.

Progesterone is supposed to keep potassium in cells. Point I am getting at is it could be progesterone is super low, causing hair growth that gets worse and worse because potassium gets lower and lower and with time this messes up everything and you grow hair like a monkey. So Peat taking progesterone and the hair growth stopping is exactly what you would expect.

To add personal experience, I used to take 50mg zinc every night for years before I found Peat, never ever grew body hair in any significant capacity except a little bit on the forearms and lower legs until I stopped taking it when I got here. Zinc and B3 raise progesterone and are used in decently high doses for histapenia, so its basically like taking progesterone.

Jing

To add personal experience, I used to take 50mg zinc every night for years before I found Peat, never ever grew body hair in any significant capacity except a little bit on the forearms and lower legs until I stopped taking it when I got here. Zinc and B3 raise progesterone and are used in decently high doses for histapenia, so its basically like taking progesterone.
So does zinc raise histamine?

redsun

So does zinc raise histamine?

Indirectly by increasing progesterone and raising potassium yes. Zinc along with a few other things are needed to actually directly make histamine as well.

Murtaza

I think haidut said somewhere that hair on extremeties (legs arms) is due to dht, while hair on chest,neck and shoulders is due to cortisol/estrogen

redred

I think haidut said somewhere that hair on extremeties (legs arms) is due to dht, while hair on chest,neck and shoulders is due to cortisol/estrogen
but hair on chest is manly oh yah

Zigzag

Not sure why people think it's estrogen that causes MPB. People take exemestane and notice hairline worsening within DAYS.

ilhanxx

exemestane is bad idea for especially hairline. there is no evidence that estrogen cause hairloss. There are lots of succes stories with only etinilestradiol or spiroteron asetat+e2. If anyone wonder, I can share. simply antiandrogen(estrogenic)

EXCarni Lady

I lost my hair in my 20s while being vegan (high soy, high pufa, lots of gluten diet) and got lots of body hair.

No one on my family is bald or have body hair, smh.

This happened to my nephew when he went vegan at age 20. Now in his thirties he is bald (no longer vegan though).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals