What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB?

redsun

This happened to my nephew when he went vegan at age 20. Now in his thirties he is bald (no longer vegan though).

I've seen multiple anecdotes online in other forums like this of vegans getting a lot of body hair, sometimes including balding as well. Makes me think about how veganism has certain characteristics that may promote and make someone histapenic.

High copper intake as most vegan foods can be pretty high in copper, low protein (amino acids are needed to utilize minerals like copper properly), low zinc bioavailability, leading to copper build up and possible other heavy metals building up. Higher copper leading to excessive degradation of histamine and all the issues that come with very low histamine.

lvysaur

For me it looks like: in stress and hypothyroidism things like brain function are secondary (see alzheimers) and the organism tries to keep the basic bodily functions warm instead of the brain, as to concentrate on basic survival.
This doesn't make sense.

1) Women have no body hair. You'd think they'd grow this stuff too if it were natural selection.

2) Southern people (hot climates) are hairier than northern ones. Arabs are hairier than Europeans, Southeast Asians are hairier than Koreans, and the Quechua (South America) could grow goatees while Northern Natives couldn't.

EXCarni Lady

I've seen multiple anecdotes online in other forums like this of vegans getting a lot of body hair, sometimes including balding as well. Makes me think about how veganism has certain characteristics that may promote and make someone histapenic.

High copper intake as most vegan foods can be pretty high in copper, low protein (amino acids are needed to utilize minerals like copper properly), low zinc bioavailability, leading to copper build up and possible other heavy metals building up. Higher copper leading to excessive degradation of histamine and all the issues that come with very low histamine.

Also some vegan men become estrogen dominant etc, but some carnivore men also have lower testosterone, I suspect most of these diets have bad effects on hormones across the board and it varies from person to person, but most vegan men do become quite feminine.

boris

This doesn't make sense.

1) Women have no body hair. You'd think they'd grow this stuff too if it were natural selection.

2) Southern people (hot climates) are hairier than northern ones. Arabs are hairier than Europeans, Southeast Asians are hairier than Koreans, and the Quechua (South America) could grow goatees while Northern Natives couldn't.

Yeah, it seems not consistent. I am not sure of it.

Although regarding your first point. Anorexic women can get increased body hair. Especially on the back.
I‘ve also seen women with some single stray dark body hairs on the chest. Or women with slight moustaches.
Women from middle eastern countries can also have very noticable hair going down the back of the neck, jaw, and lower back.

Jing

How do you explain healthy males and late teen/early 20’s with thick hair?

Before supplementation I had bottom of the barrel DHT and I was bald. How does one explain this?
People in their teens and early 20s will have good blood flow to the scalp.

Dht isn't the only reason for baldness but it plays a part , just search body building forums and there are plenty of people who will take androgenic steroids which do not increase estrogen or prolactin they are strong dht based steroids and they will lose hair. Dht, poor blood flow, inflammation all play a part in baldness.

Risingfire

People in their teens and early 20s will have good blood flow to the scalp.

Dht isn't the only reason for baldness but it plays a part , just search body building forums and there are plenty of people who will take androgenic steroids which do not increase estrogen or prolactin they are strong dht based steroids and they will lose hair. Dht, poor blood flow, inflammation all play a part in baldness.
I think the blood flow may be your first clue. They take dht derivatives and very high amounts. A lot of them take test and the estrogen rebounds after along with cortisol and prolactin. How does this correlate to people who have never taken any steroids?

Jing

I think the blood flow may be your first clue. They take dht derivatives and very high amounts. A lot of them take test and the estrogen rebounds after along with cortisol and prolactin. How does this correlate to people who have never taken any steroids?
Blood flow is definitely involved.

Exactly they take very high amounts of DHT derivatives and get hair loss.

soul_rebel

This doesn't make sense.

I don't think that is true. Attached is a map of showing the prevalence of androogenic hair. You will see in the near east, middle east, and in Europe body, androgenic hair is common.

Attachments

• d8g97ed-4f443951-e103-4a68-a5a4-3fab7a0b6de2.png
    d8g97ed-4f443951-e103-4a68-a5a4-3fab7a0b6de2.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 71

GorillaHead

I lost my hair in my 20s while being vegan (high soy, high pufa, lots of gluten diet) and got lots of body hair.

No one on my family is bald or have body hair, smh.

If this annecdote is true. It couldnt be more validating. Omega 6 especially is hurting us.

I rememeber reading on hack stasis they were talking about manganese and copper and some body types need more of the other. Fast oxidiZer vs slow oxidizer. I dont even know which one i am.

If i have allergies. Asthma does that mean i have high histamine?

Last edited:

Aries

How do you explain healthy males and late teen/early 20’s with thick hair?

One factor is that they haven't lost enough density to notice it yet. Even if the rate stays same the hairloss is more visible as years go on. It might even appear to be accelerating as losing the set amount is higher percentage of total hair every day.

Unless the rate of hairloss is monitored by haircatcher or something all the time. Most don't and they might be losing hair without realizing it.

But DHT, omega 6 or whatever single factor isn't the only reason for hairloss. Some keep their hair despite high DHT or omega 6 consumption or whatever. So far it can't be explained by anything else than genetic suspectibility.

GorillaHead

I think its all about heat. The warmest part of your body has hair to regulate temp. Armpits for example. And ur scalp. If ur brain is not running hott. I figure u would lose hair

Orangeyouglad

Relations between sex hormone level and characters of hair and skin in healthy young men.
Knussmann R1, Christiansen K, Kannmacher J.

This study backs up a lot of what many of us think/know around here: That higher levels of androgens do NOT cause hair loss and that many incidences of MPB are found in those with LOWER androgen levels overall.

I'm still not sure I fully understand the first study, but something interesting in the last line of the abstract "whereas lower DHT concentrations occurs in men with stronger hair development". (I believe they are talking about head hair, not body hair there). I have high levels of DHT and lower levels of T, and have hairline recession and have full chest, abdominal, leg, and arm hair, and now developing hair on my shoulders, knuckles, and other less than desirable places.

Orangeyouglad

I think its all about heat. The warmest part of your body has hair to regulate temp. Armpits for example. And ur scalp. If ur brain is not running hott. I figure u would lose hair

That's interesting. I've seen people state the opposite - that those who are "heavy thinkers" are usually bald. That the brain thinking heats up the head and we lose hair because we don't need it to keep the brain warm.

GorillaHead

Relations between sex hormone level and characters of hair and skin in healthy young men.
Knussmann R1, Christiansen K, Kannmacher J.

This study backs up a lot of what many of us think/know around here: That higher levels of androgens do NOT cause hair loss and that many incidences of MPB are found in those with LOWER androgen levels overall.

"whereas lower DHT concentrations occurs in men with stronger hair development"
. (I believe they are talking about head hair, not body hair there).,

What you said and what the quote says are in direct Opposite of each other

Orangeyouglad

What you said and what the quote says are in direct Opposite of each other

Which quote? Please feel free to expand a bit and clarify if I'm confused.

Edit: If you're referring to my use of "androgens", I should have used the term "low t". Also, I still do not believe that DHT is the main cause of hair loss but rather a secondary factor that is present in relation to something else going on.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals