What Do You Eat With Rice To Make It Taste Better?

anyfit

Hello friends,

I'm trying to eat peat friendly but also keep my menu under a budget and it seems like i'm destined to eat a lot of white rice for a while.
Fruits and fruit juices are way too expensive where i am from and i favor rice over potatoes since of the easier cooking process and because it keeps fresh better than potatoes.

Now to my question, what do you eat with your rice to make it taste better?

Arnold Grape

I mix in coconut oil; shrimp; salt; sometimes peas -- alternately, I have made a sort of mushroom gravy and put it over the rice.

Ulysses

I usually put sliced onion and crushed garlic itno the rice cooker along with the rice. I also like adding white vinegar as a condiment.

A raw egg yolk and soy sauce. And rice vinegar

Or hot sauce and fish sauce and lime juice and a little sugar.

Ideonaut

Hello friends,

I'm trying to eat peat friendly but also keep my menu under a budget and it seems like i'm destined to eat a lot of white rice for a while.
Fruits and fruit juices are way too expensive where i am from and i favor rice over potatoes since of the easier cooking process and because it keeps fresh better than potatoes.

Now to my question, what do you eat with your rice to make it taste better?
add sugar, cinnamon, milk; make quick sushi (add vinegar and sugar, wrap in nori) or get the seaweed snacks at TJ's or elsewhere and wrap balls of rice in; get some furikake--stuff the japanese sprinkle on rice to make it taste good.

Wagner83

Cook the rice until complete absorption of the broth. The key is to make a strong broth with interesting and tasty things, coriander, ginger, salt and half a lemon juice (helps with texture in an odd way) help a lot. The anti-aromatase white button mushroom broth is great too but it takes ages to make it. The problem with adding ingredients after is that the inside of the rice is still extremely boring.

Wagner83

I forgot to add that there's always the possibility to use mineral water to improve the nutrients in the rice.

SOMO

Add bell peppers and onion and chicken/meat broth for easy risotto.

I love rice.

Regular Uncle Ben's White Parboiled rice (parboiled) has the most nutrition and is also inexpensive.
Parboiled retains more of the nutrients than just hulled/white rice.

raypeatclips

Incorporate rice into a meal that already has some sauces or spices and vegetables, don't just eat rice plain that is very boring.

I make sweet and sour meals with rice, veg, meat. Sometimes Chinese 5 spices which seem pretty benign to a meal with rice veg meat for a more simple dish. Sometimes make very mild but flavoursome curries. Sometimes mexican style meals with tomatoes, and various other spices. More oriental style meals like others have mentioned with soy sauce ive used a lot too in the past. Roast the vegetables you are going to eat in butter and herbs. Roast them in honey or maple syrup. Paella for the seafood meal if you eat it weekly (or more frequently) Always zero vegetable oil, usually generous amounts of butter, or ice cream as dessert.

People in Asia literally eat rice every meal of every day of their lives and don't get bored of it, make the other portions of your meals very flavoursome and interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals