D

Deleted member 5487

Lunch snacks?

I generally go out to eat every day. Rotating between

Medeterrian (meat over rice)
Pho- Veitnamese noodles/beef
Ramen
Chipoltle

It ends up being a bunch of not fully cooked rice and probably stalemating my health. Plenty of sneaky PUFAs as well.

I do have the flexability to bring up jugs of milk/fruit but it doesn't seem practical.
Do I precook sushi rice/potatos and chicken

What do you guy's do?

olive

I make double the quantity of dinner the night before and put the leftovers into containers to take to work
Rice and pasta do well for leftovers, potatoes not so much
If I don’t do that I just munch on fruits and coconut water, maybe some canned smoked oysters in spring water if I’m especially hungry

Runenight201

I carry a giant Rachel Ray bag around, which is thermalined and can hold quite the amount of food. In it I’ll place juice, milk, snacks, and lunch.

Lunch consists of starch, meat, lentils.

Snacks would be chocolate, candy, peanuts, cheese

tankasnowgod

I work early in the AM, so I usually bring breakfast. That's either yogurt or cottage cheese (or some combo) with fruit & honey, or applesause, or chocolate syrup. I usually add extra gelatin, too.

I might also bring a soda and a banana or apple or something. Recently, been bringing coconut cream to add to coffee.

TeaRex14

If I didn't take something that I pre-prep earlier in the week or weekend then I'll just have something like canned smoked oysters, marshmallows (gelatin), string cheese, boiled eggs, coke, gatorade, etc.

A reasonable 3-snack meal plan could be:

. shredded carrot salad for mid-morning break
. canned oysters, or 2 hard-boiled eggs, or cheese sticks, for main lunch break (with Coke, finish with a coffee)
. cheese sticks for late-afternoon break (with orange juice, and coffee)

You could chew gum after each of the mini-meals.

Fractality

I don't know about you, but most of these suggestions are too low calorie to sustain me especially while working. I drink milk and eat dates, coffee with gelatin, rice and bison, etc.

tara

What do you guy's do?
Often:
Lunch: usually some form of beef or lamb, potatoes or rice, various vegetables, sometimes salad. Often I can heat in microwave, but if not I can eat something similar cold. Potato or rice salad can be good cold too. Cooler bag, cutlery, drink bottle, etc.
Snacks: usually several pieces of fresh fruit, sometimes other things, eg dried fruit, buckwheat pancake with jam or fruit or syrup, rice salad with fruit and maybe spices or coconut cream, or something else baked, ....

Luckytype

Chocolate, coffee, cheese, juice, raisins, coconut oil, some sort of fiber with coco oil, gelatin with juice, sometimes rice and meatballs for lunch, sugar soda, more raisins, pineapple, redbull here and there, honey. I try to get fat/pro in early since i need so much carb to feel decent. I try to knock back close to 2k kcals between 9-4 so i have less to make up at night

tankasnowgod

I don't know about you, but most of these suggestions are too low calorie to sustain me especially while working. I drink milk and eat dates, coffee with gelatin, rice and bison, etc.

Then just increase the quantity you bring.

Nstocks

Are there any dangers in terms of digestibility with eating cold potatoes (that were previously boiled)? Like a cold chicken and potato salad

Are there any dangers in terms of digestibility with eating cold potatoes (that were previously boiled)? Like a cold chicken and potato salad
Some people here report feeling different after eating cold starches, likely because the amylose will turn into resistant starch, which can stimulate bacterial overgrowth and cause gas. If your gut bacteria are under control and you eat the starch with some fat( tallow, butter, coconut oil, etc.), then it may not make much difference.

Also, something interesting that I read a long time ago: if you mix cooked starch with fat, this either reduces or eliminates the formation of resistant starch, so if cold potatoes are bothering you, try adding some fat to it while it's still warm.

pepsi

I wonder what Dr Peat would bring?

Runenight201

I have found that the body needs a certain amount of starch, beyond which it becomes problematic. However this amount of starch is insufficient for complete satiation. What usually happens is someone overeats the starch attempting to satiate themselves, which then leads to the usual effects of too much starch, such as bloat, fatigue, constipation, etc...

Consumption of the starch with a tomato dish allows for satiation to be reached, since the dish adds more micronutrients, salt, sugars, and liquid, which allows the stomach to reach satiation without having to overdo the starch.

Im still unsure of whether this dish needs egg yolk or fat, but it certainly must be compromised of tomatoes. Added veggies which make it taste delicious and also improve the nutrient profile include onions, mushrooms, lentils, and garlic. Boil it all until it’s nice and mushy. Mix with starch and enjoy. Find whatever ratio of starch to dish is appropriate per individual need.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom