• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Vitamin E Supplements

narouz

Interesting thing someone posted at Danny's site recently, explaining why the Vitamin E I've been using for a while--at Danny's suggestion--"Unique E" by A.C. Grace is recommended by that company:

I think the one Danny recommends is the A.C. Grace "Unique E" mixed tocopherols. Here's a quote from RP:

"The unsaturated tocotrienols have hardly been tested for the spectrum of true vitamin E activity, and animal studies have suggested that it may be toxic, since it caused liver enlargement."

...this is why they favor the tocopherols by themselves instead of the tocopherols/tocotrienol combination.
Aug 5, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMike78

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2012...-rate-with-the-vi.html?currentPage=2#comments

nwo2012

I juts rub it under and around my eyes. Readily absorbed and makes the skin look great.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Dang, never thought of that. I usually use my wrists, the I take my wrist and rub the sides of my body near my kidneys.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Dang, never thought of that. I usually use my wrists, the I take my wrist and rub the sides of my body near my kidneys.

I like to keep facial skin younger looking. My vit K goes across my forehead. lol. And occasional progest-e to same areas. Usually in some coconut oil first so spreads more thinly.

Edle

Nickje said:
Going to try Vitamin E on my forehead and see if it makes any difference.

Hi Nickje - would be interested to know if you notice any effect of the Vitamin E on your forehead.

I am always on the lockout for ideas to keep my skin relatively wrinkle free and smooth :): Thanks

Nick810

Don't think so as of yet. Started taking it internally now though. Unique E capsules.

norxgirl

May be duplicate post (can't find first one)....how much Vitamin E daily is a good dose? Can I take too much/upper limit? I would think the 400 IUs may not be enough.....Thanks....

Beverly

chris

How are you guys doing this topically? I've just got some AC grace vitamin e and its like rubbing honey on my wrists, doesn't seem to be disappearing at all.

jyb

chris said:
How are you guys doing this topically? I've just got some AC grace vitamin e and its like rubbing honey on my wrists, doesn't seem to be disappearing at all.

I would also be interested in the answer to this. I would rather do it topically if possible. The vitamin E in unique-E is carried by glycerin, its all I know.

I also noticed it's like honey, I don't know what it means for the vitamin-E absorption.

Birdie

I use 400IU but used to take 800 for years. Sometime I up the dose. For example the day I had stomach bleeding. If you put it on the skin, only about 10% will absorb, 20% if it's very thin skin and you're lucky.

I use Unique-E. Somebody in the RP Fans recommended it and we were all using it at that time.

chris

Birdie said:
I use 400IU but used to take 800 for years. Sometime I up the dose. For example the day I had stomach bleeding. If you put it on the skin, only about 10% will absorb, 20% if it's very thin skin and you're lucky.

I use Unique-E. Somebody in the RP Fans recommended it and we were all using it at that time.

So its best just to take it orally?

Wilfrid

Regarding liposoluble vitamins, Ray Peat told me that he uses four times the oral dose on skin.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Wilfrid said:
Regarding liposoluble vitamins, Ray Peat told me that he uses four times the oral dose on skin.
Wilfrid, welcome to the forum!

That's great info, thank you.

Does anyone know why we want to use it on skin and not take it by mouth?

Wilfrid

Hi Charlie,

Ray told me that it's much safer to use those vitamins ( A and D) on skin rather than taking them by mouth.
For vitamin E he told me that it's ok to take 400UI once or twice a week because the vitamin E is stored longer in the tissues.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Wow ok, so we really do not need much Vitamin E at all then.

Dutchie

Hi everyone,

I was wondering which supplement is of the 'lesser evil"? I currently have one that's based on olive oil,which I think is the best and loved to be able to maintain however it's also the most expensive and I kinda need to wager.
So there are cheaper options,but they're either filled with sunflower,soy- or wheatgerm oil.....which one would be the least toxic/damaging?